New Study Shows Omega-6 Fat Arachidonic Acid Builds Muscle - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

New Study Shows Omega-6 Fat Arachidonic Acid Builds Muscle

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I wouldn't dose the ALCAR post (I'd either take it all pre or use another gram later in the day), but the rest of the set up is right on.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

2. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I wouldn't dose the ALCAR post (I'd either take it all pre or use another gram later in the day), but the rest of the set up is right on.
    Ill finish workout at about 7pm, so would you suggest taking it before bed, or just taking the 2g pre?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    Ill finish workout at about 7pm, so would you suggest taking it before bed, or just taking the 2g pre?
    2g pre for sure. Increased focus + synergy with ArA.
    •   

4. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry I assumed you worked out early.

I'd either take some upon waking and some pre, but I'd really probably just go 2g pre.
    PES Representative
  5. Advanced Member

Cheers boys!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just found the following on another board:

William Llewellyn's Thoughts on Arachidonic Acid (ArA) Alone or with Fish Oil
    I just want to take a moment to specifically address the notion that Arachidonic Acid (ArA) should be taken alone, without fish oil, for maximum anabolic effect. While this may be true for some individuals, we at Molecular Nutrition have found through years of trial and error that fish oil can augment the anabolic effects of ArA in many individuals. This is why we added Omega-3 EFA’s to X-Factor Advanced. A recent study may help explain why there may be such synergy.

The study in question examined the metabolic effects of fish oil supplementation in young men. As part of this, the researchers measured prostaglandin (PG) levels. As you may know, PGF2-alpha is a prostaglandin produced from arachidonic acid, and is the PG primarily related to protein synthesis and muscle growth. It is what we’re looking for more of when taking ArA. The researchers must have expected a reduction in PGF2-alpha after fish oil, given its known competitive nature with ArA. However, the opposite occurred. Fish oil resulted in a substantial increase in PGF2-alpha.

What is probably going on is that the omega-3 EFA’s in fish oil are displacing membrane-bound ArA, causing it to enter circulation where it is available for PG synthesis. So instead of being counterproductive, taking fish oil alongside ArA may actually cause you to have a greater increase in the serum level of muscle-building prostaglandins. Whatever the exact mechanism, we are not noticing the inhibition everyone expected.

It probably isn’t this way for everyone, or at least I speculate. I’d imagine those that have already been taking high doses of fish oil might have already done a good job of lowering membrane-bound ARA. I would say this type of user should probably run ArA alone. Otherwise, taking some fish oil might help you get more out of your next run of ArA.

Reference:

Metabolism, 2013 Mar 20. pii: S0026-0495(13)00051-6. doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2013.02.004. [Epub ahead of print]
    Fish oil supplementation alters circulating eicosanoid concentrations in young healthy men.

Also folks, NOT suggesting you take your fish oils TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME as you take your ArA. That is probably a counter-productive thing to do.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

^^^

That is exactly why we formulated X-Factor Advanced with the low dose of fish oil included.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    ^^^

That is exactly why we formulated X-Factor Advanced with the low dose of fish oil included.
    I think it was mentioned that the study also includes kinetics of ArA? Does this include the interaction it may have with EPA? Currently my understanding is that it's probably not a good idea to ingest the two together at the same time due to competition for absorption.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

I'm going to use ArA, GMS, and 81mg aspirin which is a forgotten less talked about option.
  10. Advanced Member

^^^

I dont supplement fish oil. Would it be more beneficial for me to take ARA with or without fish oil on the side?
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I dont supplement fish oil. Would it be more beneficial for me to take ARA with or without fish oil on the side?
    Most agree that Fish Oil is okay to take, but only 4 hours or more after the ArA dose.
  12. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
    Most agree that Fish Oil is okay to take, but only 4 hours or more after the ArA dose.
    For me , this would be taking fish just before bed. Is that okay?
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

I don't see what's wrong with that at all. Go for it.
  14. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with that at all. Go for it.
    Alternatively could just dose my fish oil at 9am, which is 9 hours away from me working out, thats probably better right? or does it help to dose the fish oil AFTER the workout?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Alternatively could just dose my fish oil at 9am, which is 9 hours away from me working out, thats probably better right? or does it help to dose the fish oil AFTER the workout?
    Personally I didn't even use fish oil during my ArA cycle, but I don't think it matters too much as long as it's dosed far away from ArA.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Dose the fish oil at 9am. That's how I'd do it.

17. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Dose the fish oil at 9am. That's how I'd do it.
    I might stay away from fish oil tbh. it doesnt do wonders for my libido
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Were you expecting it to?

19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  267 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Do you mean it actually hurts your libido, or does nothing?
  20. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    Do you mean it actually hurts your libido, or does nothing?
    it hurts it. there are plenty of threads on the net where people have found fish oil to severely crush their libido also. guess some are just sensitive to it
  21. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If you haven't been dosing fish oil and plan on running ArA, I wouldn't even mess with dosing fish oil.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  267 lbs.

it hurts it. there are plenty of threads on the net where people have found fish oil to severely crush their libido also. guess some are just sensitive to it
    Gotcha. Interesting.
  23. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    If you haven't been dosing fish oil and plan on running ArA, I wouldn't even mess with dosing fish oil.
    Thanks for the validation big guy will stay clear
  24. New Member

Can i take one capsule xfsctor if im looking for a pump? Since i knoe 4caps is recommended for anabolic effect.
  25. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by paula View Post
    Can i take one capsule xfsctor if im looking for a pump? Since i knoe 4caps is recommended for anabolic effect.
    why not actually go with a pump product? High volume?
  26. Elite Member

You could try that. I know the new Komodo product Vaskular has an equivalent dose and is a pump product and I had good experiences with XF Vengeance (should be dosed similar I believe).
    PES Representative
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

With ArA being a critical nutrient to the muscle building process, and it being depleted when you train, 1 cap will still double your dietary intake and provide great benefits to increased pump, muscle hardening, and even hypertrophy.
  28. Advanced Member

I'm going to start Xfactor + Abe + folli on Monday.

I take it I dose all 6 pre workout with 1g of alcar500 and 3 scoops of glycerGrow. And then another 1g of Alar500 post workout correct?
    There is no reason to take the ALCAR postworkout, you can just take it all at once.
    PES
    http://facebook.com/pescience
  29. Advanced Member

Grrrrr I got sent Xfactor advanced when I ordered Xfactor
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  267 lbs.

With ArA being a critical nutrient to the muscle building process, and it being depleted when you train, 1 cap will still double your dietary intake and provide great benefits to increased pump, muscle hardening, and even hypertrophy.
    Should women use the same dose as men for the most benefit, or a bit less?
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    Should women use the same dose as men for the most benefit, or a bit less?
    1g, 4 caps will absolutely suffice.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    There is no reason to take the ALCAR postworkout, you can just take it all at once.
    This. I wouldn't dose the ALCAR-500 post workout - rather pre-workout (or upon waking if taking it as a nootropic).

33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

we're having a sale to celebrate the X-Factor clinical study results!

X-Factor for $35 a bottle, free shipping included.

Valid only at molecularnutrition.com
    use code AM35 at checkout

Free shipping for the continental US only, valid through this Friday 8/8
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

we're having a sale to celebrate the X-Factor clinical study results!

X-Factor for $35 a bottle, free shipping included.

Valid only at molecularnutrition.com
    use code AM35 at checkout

Free shipping for the continental US only, valid through this Friday 8/8

Solid sale! Im waiting for a B1G1 haha.. srs if that happened, my wife would kill me
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Solid sale! Im waiting for a B1G1 haha.. srs if that happened, my wife would kill me
    BOGO is attainable... At ~$70 a bottle.

36. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Honestly what amazes me is that the study is now running wild on Facebook. The people on AM have known this for how long??? And people still question Ara, WOW!! That just means more for us, Lmao!!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

Don't forget MODERATE dosages as well. Too much and it will seriously impact the ArA content in cell membranes.
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    haha, you'll be waiting your whole life on that one
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I plan on doing another run of xgels soon.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New Arachidonic Acid Safety Study
    By SwolenONE in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 06:46 PM
  2. Best supp to burn fat AND maintain/build muscle
    By molotov in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 02:32 PM
  3. New Arachidonic Acid Study/Info