New Study Shows Omega-6 Fat Arachidonic Acid Builds Muscle

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Alrighty then, we're just waiting for it to get published then
    Yep, it should be published in the ISSN in the not too distant future.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!

2. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    Yep, it should be published in the ISSN in the not too distant future.
    I don't know all publications but Can t see what journal ISSN is referring to.
    •   

3. International Society of Sports Nutrition
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

4. Quote Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
    What are the chances of ever seeing a clinical study on AnaBeta?
    Keep buying PES products so we have the surplus funds, and then I'd say a very good chance

5. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    International Society of Sports Nutrition
    thank you.
    •   

6. Just snagged three bottles for a VERY sweet price. Excited to run this again.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT - Doctor of Physical Therapy

7. Quote Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    Just snagged three bottles for a VERY sweet price. Excited to run this again.
    X-Factor sales are easier and easier to come by these days

8. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    X-Factor sales are easier and easier to come by these days
    Congratulations MN, ArA is without question now one of the most effective & proven supplements you can buy. Great to see it validated again by science in a clinical study. Well done, look forward to the publishing of the study

9. Ordered two of the XF stacks off NP yesterday. I think I'm going to run it 4 caps XF w/ 2 caps XFA every day for 50 days. Then save the extra bottle of XFA for sometime down the line (probably end up ordering 2 more bottles of XF when I see it go on sale). Such a weird stack though, selling a bottle of XF together with a bottle of XFA.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Such a weird stack though, selling a bottle of XF together with a bottle of XFA.
    Yeah I saw that too, figured they were maybe just trying to clear older stock?

11. Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Ordered two of the XF stacks off NP yesterday. I think I'm going to run it 4 caps XF w/ 2 caps XFA every day for 50 days. Then save the extra bottle of XFA for sometime down the line (probably end up ordering 2 more bottles of XF when I see it go on sale). Such a weird stack though, selling a bottle of XF together with a bottle of XFA.
    Been contemplating adding this to my current kitchen sink stack...

12. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post

Ara? U should
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

13. Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachineX View Post
    Stop contemplating and do it!
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

14. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Stop contemplating and do it!
    quoted for emphasis
    Be Great.

15. Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeMayan View Post
    Yeah I saw that too, figured they were maybe just trying to clear older stock?
    Goodness knows, doesn't make much sense to me, but a deal is a deal :P

16. Quote Originally Posted by iThrow View Post
    quoted for emphasis
    JUST DO IT!!!!1!

Oh wait, we're talking about me... Guess I'll do it then.

17. Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Goodness knows, doesn't make much sense to me, but a deal is a deal :P
    You stacking lclt too? NP has protocol for dirt cheap at mo as well (from memory tub is around 16$).

18. Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeMayan View Post
    You stacking lclt too? NP has protocol for dirt cheap at mo as well (from memory tub is around 16$).
    Nope. Done that before. Didn't do much of anything. No GMS either. Probably going to use it with CM. Contemplating if I want to use PA with it, probably not. Sounds like a waste to have the overlap.

19. I'm going to start Xfactor + Abe + folli on Monday.

I take it I dose all 6 pre workout with 1g of alcar500 and 3 scoops of glycerGrow. And then another 1g of Alar500 post workout correct?

20. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    I'm going to start Xfactor + Abe + folli on Monday.

I take it I dose all 6 pre workout with 1g of alcar500 and 3 scoops of glycerGrow. And then another 1g of Alar500 post workout correct?
    That works out. I mean, I used to even dose 2g ALCAR before workout (and not split doses) but it's up to you.

21. I wouldn't dose the ALCAR post (I'd either take it all pre or use another gram later in the day), but the rest of the set up is right on.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

22. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I wouldn't dose the ALCAR post (I'd either take it all pre or use another gram later in the day), but the rest of the set up is right on.
    Ill finish workout at about 7pm, so would you suggest taking it before bed, or just taking the 2g pre?

23. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    Ill finish workout at about 7pm, so would you suggest taking it before bed, or just taking the 2g pre?
    2g pre for sure. Increased focus + synergy with ArA.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    Sorry I assumed you worked out early.

I'd either take some upon waking and some pre, but I'd really probably just go 2g pre.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

25. Cheers boys!

26. Just found the following on another board:

William Llewellyn's Thoughts on Arachidonic Acid (ArA) Alone or with Fish Oil
    I just want to take a moment to specifically address the notion that Arachidonic Acid (ArA) should be taken alone, without fish oil, for maximum anabolic effect. While this may be true for some individuals, we at Molecular Nutrition have found through years of trial and error that fish oil can augment the anabolic effects of ArA in many individuals. This is why we added Omega-3 EFA’s to X-Factor Advanced. A recent study may help explain why there may be such synergy.

The study in question examined the metabolic effects of fish oil supplementation in young men. As part of this, the researchers measured prostaglandin (PG) levels. As you may know, PGF2-alpha is a prostaglandin produced from arachidonic acid, and is the PG primarily related to protein synthesis and muscle growth. It is what we’re looking for more of when taking ArA. The researchers must have expected a reduction in PGF2-alpha after fish oil, given its known competitive nature with ArA. However, the opposite occurred. Fish oil resulted in a substantial increase in PGF2-alpha.

What is probably going on is that the omega-3 EFA’s in fish oil are displacing membrane-bound ArA, causing it to enter circulation where it is available for PG synthesis. So instead of being counterproductive, taking fish oil alongside ArA may actually cause you to have a greater increase in the serum level of muscle-building prostaglandins. Whatever the exact mechanism, we are not noticing the inhibition everyone expected.

It probably isn’t this way for everyone, or at least I speculate. I’d imagine those that have already been taking high doses of fish oil might have already done a good job of lowering membrane-bound ARA. I would say this type of user should probably run ArA alone. Otherwise, taking some fish oil might help you get more out of your next run of ArA.

Reference:

Metabolism, 2013 Mar 20. pii: S0026-0495(13)00051-6. doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2013.02.004. [Epub ahead of print]
    Fish oil supplementation alters circulating eicosanoid concentrations in young healthy men.

Also folks, NOT suggesting you take your fish oils TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME as you take your ArA. That is probably a counter-productive thing to do.

27. ^^^

That is exactly why we formulated X-Factor Advanced with the low dose of fish oil included.

28. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    ^^^

That is exactly why we formulated X-Factor Advanced with the low dose of fish oil included.
    I think it was mentioned that the study also includes kinetics of ArA? Does this include the interaction it may have with EPA? Currently my understanding is that it's probably not a good idea to ingest the two together at the same time due to competition for absorption.

29. I'm going to use ArA, GMS, and 81mg aspirin which is a forgotten less talked about option.

30. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    ^^^

I dont supplement fish oil. Would it be more beneficial for me to take ARA with or without fish oil on the side?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New Arachidonic Acid Safety Study
    By SwolenONE in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 08:46 PM
  2. Best supp to burn fat AND maintain/build muscle
    By molotov in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 04:32 PM
  3. New Arachidonic Acid Study/Info
    By jjohn in forum Supplements