SciFit - Ripping People Off Again

sirpsycho

sirpsycho

Awards
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
February 25, 2005

Oakmont, Pa

Banned Ephedra Seized

Federal marshals on Wednesday seized dietary supplements from an Oakmont fitness shop that had previously been notified about a Food and Drug Administration ban on the weightloss aid ephedra.

The marshals took the action after the U.S. attorney's office filed a forfeiture complaint against ATF Fitness Products Inc. on Pennsylvania Avenue, at the request of the FDA.

Last year, federal prosecuters said, FDA inspected ATF and conducted lab tests on two of it's products, SciFit Procuts and Thermogen II. U.S. Attorney Mary Beth Buchanan said the products either contained ephedrine alkaloids or carried claims that they contained ephedrine when they didn't.:nono:

The value of the items seized is $13,500.

Last February, FDA found that supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids are dangerous and on April 12 the agency's ban went into effect.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Last February, FDA found that supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids are dangerous and on April 12 the agency's ban went into effect.
I cringe whenever I read this. They found it dangerous. Bwahahaha. This is the same agency that has a list of food additives that full under a title called Generally Recognized as Safe. :frustrate:

shyboy

Awards
Last year, federal prosecuters said, FDA inspected ATF and conducted lab tests on two of it's products, SciFit Procuts and Thermogen II. U.S. Attorney Mary Beth Buchanan said the products either contained ephedrine alkaloids or carried claims that they contained ephedrine when they didn't.:nono:

I'll say this. I've used the Thermogen II EFX product twice now. The first bottle gave me a good level boost but nothing major. I got a second bottle recently and I take 1 gelcap & I'm shaking like a crackhead 30 minutes later. All jacked up. Definitely something different about this bottle (& that's a good thing). I can't comment about any of the other products but i have no complaints on the Thermogen. The guy at the supp shop cant keep it in stock, people are buying it over Vasopro for energy. Go figure!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
**** like that makes the FDA wanna regulate supps.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Wow....this company is really gettin' the old Hammer o' Justice today...huh..

O14

shyboy

Awards
Yeah the bashing seems like it all of a sudden by some here. I dont have a problem
with them personally. I know plenty of people who use them & are happy. Sounds
like there are quality control issues (not intentional scamming). & we can all site
times when various makers have had quality issues. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
It is only because the tax revenue is in the billions.
Rodja, I was going to add that part.
I switched between windows and dent though.
BTW I had good results from Scifit's Ecdy 300 several years ago. It definitely hardened up my muscles and shortened my recovery time. And that was two caps a day. Ran it for about 6 months Then again I got awesome results from the old PFULL at 4 caps a day. That I ran for about a year until they brought the new version out.
guess I am just a good responder.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
From the dead...
I responded to Ultimate Nutritions Kre-Alk but not Sci-Fits...now it makes me think.

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
It is only because the tax revenue is in the billions.
Too bad phillip morris isn't alive anymore. We could hit him up to start a line of pharmaceutical grade supplements in the form of candy. Not like he didn't have a zillion dollars to fight the FDA anyways.