Trying to put together the ultimate non-stim pre workout

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Been doing reseach, and trying to go off of the main ingredients from some of the more popular and effective supplements out there....Here's what i have so far, gonna be buying bulk powders, so at the moment it should still be under $30/ month. Do you guys see anything contradictory in here, anything that you would add etc...

Glycocarn 1.5g
Agmatine 1g
Cit-Mal 6g
Beta alanine 3.2g

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
personally i'd throw out beta alanine since i hate the tingles, i'd also throw in potassium nitrate for ultimate pumps and endurance

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'd be better off to grab some High Volume.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks but no thanks

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Im all about getting a pump out of it if I am going non-stim. KNO3 would be my addition to it.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TMG = Trimethylglycine (Betaine anhydrous)

COP = Creatinol-o-phosphate

At work right now, I'll try to post up more info later. But I'm guessing a few guys will post info/benefits. A search on here will bring up plenty of studies.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
You can get potassium nitrate alot cheaper than Agmatine, CM and Glycocarn. I wouldn't get Glycocarn anyways.

Potassium Nitrate
TMG
Beta Alanine, if you want it. It's inexpensive.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drop the Glycocarn. You'd be better off with any of the other Carnitine salts (ALCAR/LCLT/PLCAR).

For a non-stim pre-workout of just bulk ingredients I would probably look into (depending on what benefits you are looking for):
Citrulline
Agmatine
Nitrates
AmentoMax
Rhodiola
GMS
Carnitine of choice
Leucine

Otherwise ingredients like Creatine, Beta Alanine, and TMG/Betaine are good options as well, just don't necessarily need to be dosed specifically pre-workout for benefits.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Core ABC + some bulk COP and Agmatine would make for a great non-stim pre-workout.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TMG = Trimethylglycine (Betaine anhydrous) COP = Creatinol-o-phosphate At work right now, I'll try to post up more info later. But I'm guessing a few guys will post info/benefits. A search on here will bring up plenty of studies.
COP = GOAT most underrated pure workout ingredient ever. 3 rep maxes automatically become 5 rep maxes, time to fatigue is reduced drastically. I can "feel" COP working better than any other non stim ingredient I've ever used. OP you could check out Molecular Nutrition's Peak Beta+. It's been discontinued so won't be around too much longer, but it is an incredible value and will give you all the COP you need as well as a gram of l-carnitine l-tartrate, and even a bit of norvaline for pumps. 45 workouts worth can be found for 15 bucks if you look hard enough.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You can get potassium nitrate alot cheaper than Agmatine, CM and Glycocarn. I wouldn't get Glycocarn anyways.

Potassium Nitrate
TMG
Beta Alanine, if you want it. It's inexpensive.
Can you please explain what prompted you to say this? What do you find wron with glycocarn? Does potasium nitrate perform the same function as the others mentioned?

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Been doing reseach, and trying to go off of the main ingredients from some of the more popular and effective supplements out there....Here's what i have so far, gonna be buying bulk powders, so at the moment it should still be under $30/ month. Do you guys see anything contradictory in here, anything that you would add etc...

Glycocarn 1.5g
Agmatine 1g
Cit-Mal 6g
Beta alanine 3.2g
Glycocarn has died out for a reason. It doesn't seem to give any feel. Even in their own sponsored studies they reported "non responders". You want 6g of citrulline malate, which is only 3g of actual citrulline. High volume has 5 grams of citrulline. You want a gram of Agmatine. High volume has a gram of Agmatine. Buy some bulk beta alanine and add that in if you want to tingle

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
Glycocarn has died out for a reason.
I think a part of that reason likely also has to do with the cost/benefit ratio, there are plenty of other Carnitine salts that are less expensive and just as useful as GPLC.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
MAybe I'm not looking in the right palces, but i have found many more positive reviews form glycocarn than plcar....?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glycocarn has died out for a reason. It doesn't seem to give any feel. Even in their own sponsored studies they reported "non responders". You want 6g of citrulline malate, which is only 3g of actual citrulline. High volume has 5 grams of citrulline. You want a gram of Agmatine. High volume has a gram of Agmatine. Buy some bulk beta alanine and add that in if you want to tingle
The part about citrulline isn't quite accurate btw. Wouldn't be a drastic difference but taking molecular weights into account 6g of 1:1 citrulline malate would be more than 3G of citrulline.

That said high volume is probably the best pump formula on the market, OP this plus the peak beta I recommended before make my favorite non stim pre. Could even add some focus xt

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'd be better off to grab some High Volume.
This, something like High Volume, Peak Beta+, or Thunderbolt will suffice... no need to make a more expensive bulk stack.

Ditch the glycocarn too, great ingredient but REALLY expensive. Opt for ALCAR or LCLT instead.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lots of High volume love and suggestions in here which I will echo,
Best non-stim I have ever used for sure.

Also if you subscribe to the Athletix Newsletter you will get 30% off your first order :)
http://athletixsports.com

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ok, I did not intend for this to be a commercial for all the pre-workout products.

I want to put together my own stack, because i can customize it and it works out about 3 tmes cheaper if you buy bulk supplements.

So 3x cheaper means, for the same price that I'm paying for product a, I can have b and c as well.

So again, ultimate daily supplement stack, not only pre-workout, but libido, mood energy as well.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Agmatine gives me a mood boost as well as being great in a pre

I wont workout without at least 4g equivalent of Citrulline in me

My 2 must-haves

TMG would be a good addition for a whole lot of benefits

COP (2g) or Beta Alanine (3+g)