PES Select protein .........ummmm say it ain't so

Sullydogs

Sullydogs

Awards
Am I crazy or the only person who doesn't like Snickerdoodle ? The only thing from
PES I didn't care for. As I type this I'm tracking my 4 tubs of AminoIV so I still love PES. Maybe a bad tub??

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're cray!

Just playin.. But for real you don't like it?

Sullydogs

Sullydogs

Awards
Weird ! I wanted to like it so much but it was a no go for me.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ca2pa

Awards
Sucks you didn't enjoy it, willing to part ways? :D I kid. Maybe try it in recipes or proats?

Sullydogs

Sullydogs

Awards
I'll most likely grab another tub . Maybe it was a screwed up seal or something . It just seemed off to me .
Like I said I never had a bad PES product and I go back to the original Alpha T2 and shift.

Ca2pa

Awards
Insider will be out with a new AS supplement may have a deal on Select as well fo ya.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you mean by 'off', you don't think it tasted fresh?

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Taste is subjective because I'm sure you're not the only person who doesn't particularly like it...they just don't come on here to say so for fear of backlash. I happen to like it SD in oatmeal better than in a shake.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Taste is subjective because I'm sure you're not the only person who doesn't particularly like it...they just don't come on here to say so for fear of backlash. I happen to like it SD in oatmeal better than in a shake.
I'm with you, Snickerdoodle is best in anything warm/baked.

CnC in shakes/ice cream

Chocolate in everything.

Definitely a very individual thing though, my wife can't stand the CnC because she finds it too sweet, my mother is a chocolate hater but loves SD.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established

CnC in shakes/ice cream

Chocolate in everything.

Definitely a very individual thing though, my wife can't stand the CnC because she finds it too sweet, my mother is a chocolate hater but loves SD.
You nailed it bud! SD is the bomb in anything warm and/or baked.

Haven't tried CNC yet, but I will soon. CNC is a tough flavor to nail down but from what I've read, PES has done that very thing.

LOL..yep, chocolate in everything and anything. Sometimes I like to mix it with other flavored protein like vanilla.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

CnC in shakes/ice cream

Chocolate in everything.

I love that your whole family is on it lol. :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe you just dont like snickerdoodles. Ever have the cookie?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I love that your whole family is on it lol. :)
Lol my baking hooked them.

My mom, sister, and wife are all on Alphamine now too

Mom = RL
Sister = FP
Wife = CL

They make me check with them before I place any orders lol

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol my baking hooked them.

My mom, sister, and wife are all on Alphamine now too

Mom = RL
Sister = FP
Wife = CL

They make me check with them before I place any orders lol
Wife > Sister > Mum ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Wife > Sister > Mum ;)
Haha my family has been ranked.
My wife will be happy

My mother will be crushed, she creeps your FB page ;)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha my family has been ranked.
My wife will be happy

My mother will be crushed, she creeps your FB page ;)
I take it all back. Your Mum is my favourite.

I don't even care that her tastebuds are broken.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Am I crazy or the only person who doesn't like Snickerdoodle ? The only thing from
PES I didn't care for. As I type this I'm tracking my 4 tubs of AminoIV so I still love PES. Maybe a bad tub??
Different strokes for different folks. Some people do not enjoy it, but the majority and masses seem to praise it like myself. I found it to be amazing when used to bake with and mixed into yogurt/oatmeal. I have never had it as a shake so i cannot comment regarding that. but if you love SD cookies or heavily coated sugar/cinnamon this is a flavor to enjoy.

How did you enjoy CnC/Chocolate?

Sullydogs

Sullydogs

Awards
What do you mean by 'off', you don't think it tasted fresh?
I don't know . I really love SD cookies so I was kinda miffed I didn't like it. Especially because I use AminoIV as a base to my IF eating plan and alphamine is a staple of mine.

Sullydogs

Sullydogs

Awards
Different strokes for different folks. Some people do not enjoy it, but the majority and masses seem to praise it like myself. I found it to be amazing when used to bake with and mixed into yogurt/oatmeal. I have never had it as a shake so i cannot comment regarding that. but if you love SD cookies or heavily coated sugar/cinnamon this is a flavor to enjoy.

How did you enjoy CnC/Chocolate?
Haven't tried either.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Bryancap77

Bryancap77

Awards
  • Established
Just tried fuguejr's CNC today, he just got it in a few days ago and yes, it's my new fav, will be ordering a few tubs next insider.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just tried fuguejr's CNC today, he just got it in a few days ago and yes, it's my new fav, will be ordering a few tubs next insider.
I need more CnC. Some cold Select ice cream is perfect in the summer heat right now. :eek:

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
You know i found it odd but with all the tubs i have been through, (mainly CnC and Snickerdoodle) i think some have been better than others, like first one i had wasn't as strong or sweet as the tub i went through after, could be wrong though lol. Im really craving a white choc macadamia select, would be so amazing as proats

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We are working on new flavours as we speak.

I can't hint at anything but the flavours we are looking at sound amazing. Not your run of the mill flavours. :)

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
We are working on new flavours as we speak.I can't hint at anything but the flavours we are looking at sound amazing. Not your run of the mill flavours. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
We are working on new flavours as we speak. I can't hint at anything but the flavours we are looking at sound amazing. Not your run of the mill flavours. :)
Taste tester volunteer here :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We are working on new flavours as we speak.

I can't hint at anything but the flavours we are looking at sound amazing. Not your run of the mill flavours. :)

Josh is sending me some goody bags to taste test :)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Has PES insider happened yet? I didnt get an email

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only like the Chocolate flavor of Select. The other flavors are just blah. It's the best chocolate flavor I've tasted though. Looking forward to the 55 serving tubs.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Those bigger tubs are something I've been hoping for since trying scoop #1

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those bigger tubs are something I've been hoping for since trying scoop #1
I've been waiting patiently! It's been hard keeping it quiet! I fly through these baby tubs so this is exciting! :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been waiting patiently! It's been hard keeping it quiet! I fly through these baby tubs so this is exciting! :)
It actually hurts me inside everytime I take a scoop out but then again it makes me very happy :).

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If anyone doesn't receive the emails please;

1) Check your spam folder
2) If it isn't there, message me or one of the other reps with your email address so we can forward it to you. :)

Sullydogs

Sullydogs

Awards
quick update on PES Snickerdoodle : all is good. I for sure got a bad tub or maybe a broken seal. I purchased a tub from a supplement store in town(not a chain) and it smelled and tasted awesome. I've already mixed it in oats and had two shakes in skim milk. I will be trying some pancakes very soon.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
quick update on PES Snickerdoodle : all is good. I for sure got a bad tub or maybe a broken seal. I purchased a tub from a supplement store in town(not a chain) and it smelled and tasted awesome. I've already mixed it in oats and had two shakes in skim milk. I will be trying some pancakes very soon.
Glad to hear you enjoy it! Snickerdoodle pancakes are legit.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stuff is pretty good, but does not seem to mix well at all. Changed from BSN Syntha-6 cookies and cream to Select same flavor as NP was out of Syntha-6. Unlike BSN, I cannot shake clumps out.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stuff is pretty good, but does not seem to mix well at all. Changed from BSN Syntha-6 cookies and cream to Select same flavor as NP was out of Syntha-6. Unlike BSN, I cannot shake clumps out.
First I have heard of this. Are you shaking or stirring?

SD Everything = Legit.
Truth my dude!

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First I have heard of this. Are you shaking or stirring?

Truth my dude!
Shaking. Haha, no way the first. I have not been able to shake clumps completely out of one single mix and I am down to maybe two scoops left.

Not a huge deal as profile is good and I can generally get clumps pretty small, but no way this stuff mixes as smoothly or well as others. Not my first rodeo as I have been using various protein powders since late 80s. NP also sent me about 4 or 5 protein samples with it, all of which mixed well. Too funny that in the 6 years I have been on here hardly anyone ever gives any criticism on here and when someone does it is always first I heard of type of fresponse.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shaking. Haha, no way the first. I have not been able to shake clumps completely out of one single mix and I am down to maybe two scoops left. Not a huge deal as profile is good and I can generally get clumps pretty small, but no way this stuff mixes as smoothly or well as others. Not my first rodeo as I have been using various protein powders since late 80s. NP also sent me about 4 or 5 protein samples with it, all of which mixed well. Too funny that in the 6 years I have been on here hardly anyone ever gives any criticism on here and when someone does it is always first I heard of type of fresponse.
I can honestly say I haven't heard many complain of the issue I use a shaker cup with the metal mixer in it and have absolutely no clumping issue. When I use just a glass with a spoon I find I have to stir it quite vigorously for a few minutes to keep all clumps out but nothing out of the ordinary.

But yes I have yet to hear many claims of not being able to keep from clumping so I would have to back his comment up. We are not downing your feedback just providing feedback as well brother. Glad you are still enjoying the product in any case. :)

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can honestly say I haven't heard many complain of the issue I use a shaker cup with the metal mixer in it and have absolutely no clumping issue. When I use just a glass with a spoon I find I have to stir it quite vigorously for a few minutes to keep all clumps out but nothing out of the ordinary.

But yes I have yet to hear many claims of not being able to keep from clumping so I would have to back his comment up. We are not downing your feedback just providing feedback as well brother. Glad you are still enjoying the product in any case. :)
i mix mine in bottled water bottles. I usually down a pre or sometimes just pour water out and use almond milk and a funnel to add powder. It may not shake as well as a regular shaker which I have and do not use as water bottle has less open area to shake. That said, the other proteins I use do not come out with clumps of dry powder even when shaken in water bottle.

As I said, no big deal really. Profile is good and I don't take of my shelves of stuff for flavor.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I recently got cookie's n' cream and it's amazing, but I give the edge to snicker doodle.

There is a strategy to making your protonz taste amazeballs, you know. Blender bottle, sitting the fridge for X amount of time, use Almond Milk Vanilla unsweetened, 8-10oz....Tastes like the most ridiculous milkshake dessert ever.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I haven't tried CnC yet, but Snickerdoodle is incredible. Chocolate's petty good but nothing on SD.