TTA is back??!

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
I just saw on NP that SNS TTA-500 is back!! What's the deal w/ this? I thought big pharma took this away from us, or is this a 1 run kind of thing, or.....??

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is in fact a one run batch...I hear Nutra well be having a really good sake on it for July 4th sale as well, so keep an eye out!
And by 'sake', I mean 'banana'....and by banana, I mean sale ;)

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Someone tell me why this stuff was pulled from the shelf in the first place? I've been buying the bulk powder forever...

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's already at $21.95 a bottle so I bet they will be practically giving the stuff away on the 4th.
Exactly what I was thinking. $22 is already an insane price!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for sharing. Will be ordering a few bottles myself

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never got to try this. Def jumping on it this time

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
What are the benefits?

i have never used this and am not knowledgable about the product.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are the benefits?i have never used this and am not knowledgable about the product.
It's a non stimulant fat "burner". It was the major fat burner ingredient in the original DCP that everyone loved so much.

TTA Caps by SNS:

PPAR Antagonist; Stimulant Free Fat Loss Agent!

TTA-500 can be cost effectively incorporated into fat loss, lean bulking, or body recomposition regimens.

TTA-500 contains 500 mg of Tetradecylthioacetic Acid (TTA) per capsule. TTA is commonly used to help aid in fat loss and body recomposition.

TTA-500 is stimulant free & can be used as a stand alone, or can be combined with other SYN-30, RK-125, or select other fat loss products.

Each bottle provides a one to two month supply of TTA (depending on individual dosage).

A unique feature of TTA-500 is the addition of a 225 mg Electrolyte Support Complex in each capsule. This helps ensure that TTA-500 does not lead to the bloating and cramping that may affect some users of TTA containing products.

In simplest terms, Tetradecylthioacetic Acid (TTA) is a fatty acid that can help burn body-fat.

Further Elaboration:

TTA is a PPAR antagonist. PPAR stands for Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors. PPAR’s are a group of transcription factors (proteins that transcribe genetic information from DNA to RNA) that play key roles in cell development, glucose metabolism, and metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins.

There are different types of PPAR’s, but TTA relates to PPAR-alpha. The liver is the main site in which fatty acids are burnt as energy or stored dependant upon calorie intake and energy expenditure. When in a fasting state, the body generally switches from using carbohydrate and fats as an energy source to mainly fat. Fatty acids are released from adipocytes (the cells that primarily compose adipose tissue). These fatty acids are then either restored in adipocytes, go to cardiac and skeletal muscle to be burned as energy, or are broken down through beta oxidization to form ketones. PPAR-alpha mediates the genes that control fatty acid uptake, beta oxidization, and gamma oxidization – which are upregulated when in a fasting state. Therefore, with TTA being a PPAR-alpha antagonist, it activates these receptors allowing you to receive these benefits while in a fed state as well. PPAR-alpha also helps inhibit triglyceride hydrolysis, which further enhances lipid oxidization.

TTA also helps increase mitochondrial activity, which in itself provides numerous benefits. Mitochondria proteins function mainly to produce ATP (ATP transports chemical energy within cells for metabolism).By enhancing mitochondria protein function, the body burns more ‘fuel’, which translates into fat loss. The more fat that someone is carrying, the more inhibition of mitochondrial function they generally have.

TTA also enhances mitochondrial oxidative capacity. There is a strong link between insulin resistance and the reduction of glucose oxidization in the mitochondria and the subsequent build up for glycolysis byproducts.

TTA also helps in reducing free fatty acids and triglyceride levels.

TTA-500 can be stacked with SYN-30, RK-125, or other select Serious Nutrition Solutions products for increased results.*

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry I can't provide as much of an in-depth scientific answer as other reps. My copy and paste skills are amazing though!. If you remember the first version of DCP, it was the main ingredient and why people loved the original so much.

rangestormer

Awards
How do you like the results from the bulk TTA? I am wondering if I should add it to my Albuterol+Forskolin stack. I was thinking of adding Yohimbine HCL, but I am not doing fasted cardio.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder how potent this stuff is. (never tried it)

Any things to avoid stacking this with?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Look out for a promo on TTA in the near future too....

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how potent this stuff is. (never tried it)

Any things to avoid stacking this with?
I can't comment on what to avoid but it gave me some serious cramps (and I wasn't on my period ;) )

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stock up while it lasts, great ingredient.

Reactions: mw1

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can I stack TTA with typical fat burners without bad side effects? IE: Combustion, Alphamine, Norcodrene? I might stock up on these if so

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Was it SNS' TTA500? We added electrolytes to remedy the issue
Yup the original release, I still have a bottle of it left. But maybe I was lacking salt or water intake at the time.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yup the original release, I still have a bottle of it left. But maybe I was lacking salt or water intake at the time.
Interested if you give it another go. Of course a few may notice this (which sucks as it appear to be such an effective fat loss agent).

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Interested if you give it another go. Of course a few may notice this (which sucks as it appear to be such an effective fat loss agent).
As long as I or other users who experience this don't take it pre workout it isn't a huge concern just an inconvenience. But it is right up there with forskolin as far as non stims go for fat loss.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
As long as I or other users who experience this don't take it pre workout it isn't a huge concern just an inconvenience. But it is right up there with forskolin as far as non stims go for fat loss.
Ah gotcha. How much were you taking? 1g - 1.5g is what I recall being a typical dose (need to re look at the TTA-500 label clearly).

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but how much did you take?. Or did you try a smaller dosage?
Ah gotcha. How much were you taking? 1g - 1.5g is what I recall being a typical dose (need to re look at the TTA-500 label clearly).
Per the label :
"As a dietary supplement take 1 capsule 2-4 times per day in divided doses approximately 30 minutes prior to meals. To assess individual tolerance it is suggested that individuals begin usage with 2 capsules per day and increase dosage every 3 days until a maximum of 4 capsules per day is reached, if cramping is experienced maintain or lower dosage accordingly"

Each capsules contained 500mg, it is likely that since I started with a relatively low bw to begin with that I over dosed by exceeding even 2 capsules.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would def. go with 1g/day. When I first was experimenting with doses years ago I kept trying to do 2g/day because everyone knows more is better right? Took me a while to learn my lesson lol. I love 1g/day though.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would def. go with 1g/day. When I first was experimenting with doses years ago I kept trying to do 2g/day because everyone knows more is better right? Took me a while to learn my lesson lol. I love 1g/day though.
Did you get hit with the cramping issues or something along those lines?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established