Feel good Supplements

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Thought this would definitely be the most appropriate place to post given your vast knowledge of supps.

A friend of mine (srs, haha), suffers from anxiety. When he/she is taking exams it gets particularly bad and has to take anti depressants to stop it, but this completely changes his/her personality etc, and really isnt the solution.

Are there any "feel good" supplements out there, which kind of mimic what anti depressants do in combating anxiety, without turning you into a complete emotionless zombie

Cheers broooos

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Formeron makes me feel good and so does alphamine.. not saying those are the answer to this particular persons problems though.Does he/she lift?Nothing will compare to a script.

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
Alphamine does it for me. When I'm dead tired and unmotivated I will take one scoop and within 30 minutes I feel energized and in a much better mood.
Some days need a scoop first thing in the morning just to get moving. It's like my morning coffee

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Assuming you read closely on drug interactions as it has many (SSRI potential) St. Johns Wort

Otherwise I enjoy ashwagandha

The stim suggestions are always good but depends on yohimbe tolerance, may just aggravate anxiety

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Formeron makes me feel good and so does alphamine.. not saying those are the answer to this particular persons problems though.Does he/she lift?Nothing will compare to a script.
He/she does and attributes to combating anxiety to the gym 100%, just sometimes it's harder to get rid of the anxiety especially around exam periods etc. We were actually looking at getting alphamine for said person anyway so it could be a 2 in 1 :)

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
What about preg?

Many report a mood enhancement/less anxiety while supplementing Dermacrine as well :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Im not sure that alphamine is what the OPs friend wants..

Picamilon 150 helps me out a lot when i get a bit anxious but stims can definitely make the issue worse IME

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure that alphamine is what the OPs friend wants..

Picamilon 150 helps me out a lot when i get a bit anxious but stims can definitely make the issue worse IME
Said person drinks a fair amount of coffee, so i imagine the stim tolerance is fairly high as it is. would also be a 2 in 1 effect as he/she wants to rip up the stomach for summer and get the abs/obliques out

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Said person drinks a fair amount of coffee, so i imagine the stim tolerance is fairly high as it is. would also be a 2 in 1 effect as he/she wants to rip up the stomach for summer and get the abs/obliques out
They could give alphamine a go; personally i dont think its the best option given what is available;

Picamilon
Ashwagandha
Rhodiola rosea
Etc

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is my speciality. I like picmilion or phenobit. Alphamine works, oddly enough, and phenylP works well for me to. Theanine for relaxation.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They could give alphamine a go; personally i dont think its the best option given what is available;

Picamilon
Ashwagandha
Rhodiola rosea
Etc
Good suggestions here as always Jiigzz . I'd throw G8 into that list with a smaller serving size then a full scoop too. A quarter scoop provides some very nice relaxation and calmness.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine+Theanine, 2:1 ratio is generally a good way to go unless one is very sensitive to stimulants then 1:1.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
OP i would srs tell him/her to try Semax or Selank, russian noots. sounds perfect for study/learning or dealing with your issue. they come in peptides or nasal sprays

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Picamilon 150 and/or Phenibut XT, I advise being careful with both in this situation though.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
By the way. I take 2 grams of phenibut twice a week (saturday and sunday). Does anyone know if there is a cross tolerance effect between picamilon and phenibut? For example, would tolerance to phenibut affect the results id get from picamilon later on in the week?

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Dude, you need to join a nootropics forum for that. There are literally hundreds of things that could help your buddy. Just off the top of my head, as far as anti-anxieties go, I'd say Kava Kava, Picamilon, Phenibut, L-Theanine, Aniracetam (Stack with Choline), Noopept (stack with Choline), etc. Unfortunately some of those things can relax you too much. The caffeine/theanine stack is mostly for focus, not really for anxiety. If he's looking for something to use during a test that keeps him alert, focused and acts as an anti-anxiety I'd say stack Noopept, GDP Choline, SNS Focus XT, and L-theanine together. But seriously, join a nootropics forum to get a second opinion on that. This is probably the wrong type of forum to be looking for that type of help. I'm just sharing my knowledge because I am big into nootropics

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
OP i would srs tell him/her to try Semax or Selank, russian noots. sounds perfect for study/learning or dealing with your issue. they come in peptides or nasal sprays
Semax is actually pretty awesome. I haven't really read about it being an anxiolytic, but believe it or not Semax can actually stimulate brain growth and repair previous brain damage from drugs, alcohol and trauma. However, it is extremely temperature sensitive, so even if it is shipped wrong, it can render it useless. If you or your buddy decide to use this product, read up on exactly how to store it.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He/she does and attributes to combating anxiety to the gym 100%, just sometimes it's harder to get rid of the anxiety especially around exam periods etc. We were actually looking at getting alphamine for said person anyway so it could be a 2 in 1 :)
Bacopa and ashwagandha is hands down the best herbal anxiolytic, IMO. If there really is an anxiety issue, it could be hormonal and a test would help.

Personally, I'd run away from anyone telling you to advise phenibut.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Bacopa and ashwagandha is hands down the best herbal anxiolytic, IMO. If there really is an anxiety issue, it could be hormonal and a test would help.

Personally, I'd run away from anyone telling you to advise phenibut.
Is there a supplement which contains these? Or you can point me in the right direction bud?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lights Out....5htp is one of my favorite supplements because it makes you feel good throughout the day when taken at night

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there a supplement which contains these? Or you can point me in the right direction bud?
I buy them separate for the best dosing. I am a fan of NOW ashwagandha and Swanson Superior bacopa.

As mentioned above, Aniracetam is also very good, but it is hit or miss for some.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Dude, you need to join a nootropics forum for that. There are literally hundreds of things that could help your buddy. Just off the top of my head, as far as anti-anxieties go, I'd say Kava Kava, Picamilon, Phenibut, L-Theanine, Aniracetam (Stack with Choline), Noopept (stack with Choline), etc. Unfortunately some of those things can relax you too much. The caffeine/theanine stack is mostly for focus, not really for anxiety. If he's looking for something to use during a test that keeps him alert, focused and acts as an anti-anxiety I'd say stack Noopept, GDP Choline, SNS Focus XT, and L-theanine together. But seriously, join a nootropics forum to get a second opinion on that. This is probably the wrong type of forum to be looking for that type of help. I'm just sharing my knowledge because I am big into nootropics
The only problem with nootropic forums is that a good number of individuals who post of them are suffering from diagnosed ailments and can be either self medicating or adding legally obtainable nootropics the their Rx drugs. Based on their methods of action it isn't too difficult to see what could potentially benefit or be harmful in those cases. Anyways I would not suggest stacking another choline source on top of Focus XT even if it is a quality source such as CDP Choline or Alpha GPC.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only problem with nootropic forums is that a good number of individuals who post of them are suffering from diagnosed ailments and can be either self medicating or adding legally obtainable nootropics the their Rx drugs. Based on their methods of action it isn't too difficult to see what could potentially benefit or be harmful in those cases. Anyways I would not suggest stacking another choline source on top of Focus XT even if it is a quality source such as CDP Choline or Alpha GPC.
Agreed. I took to much choline a few times and felt great then depressed about an hour after ingesting. It isn't fun. I wasn't about to end my life or anything, I just felt down about life. Never again.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut is great for anxiety, but I wouldn't recommend if before exams

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
What is preg?
Pregnenolone. It is a hormone from which your body makes all other hormones (or a lot of other hormones at least). It is one if the simplest and most effective mood supplements in the world for many people. It can also have some sides if you take too high of a dose. Giving it to my wife practically saved my marriage. You can get it online many places. I wouldn't start higher than 10mg and if it doesn't work then it isn't something his/her body needs and you'll have to try something else. Kisaj knows more about it than anyone and was a huge help to me and many more.

Non-hormonal options include ashwagandha, relora, bacopa, and rhodiola. Ashwagandha and relora put me to sleep and relax me. Rhodiola gives me energy and clarity all day with great mood. Bacopa didn't do much for me. There's a lot if trial and error going the natural route but it's worth it.

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
Relora
Theanine
Phoshatydil serine

Relora being my favourite, as it also curbs hunger. Ps tends to feel a bit unatural and ott.