Anything good for wrist tendonitis

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Developed wrist tendonitis in my left wrist about 2 weeks ago. As a result, I'm really not able to curl or do bench press. It's really ruining my workouts right now. Are there any supps that could at least aid with this?

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
What works for me is using fat grips, joint help, and fish oils. Using the fat grips you will have to derease your weight significantly. Also helped with my elbow.

good luck!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cissus has become a staple for me. If you are injured, though, rest is really going to be the best medicine, or look to work in more DB work.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hammer curls are about the only curl I can do.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Hm. My experience with tendonitis is that there's a disparity between agonist-antagonist muscles - part of your wrist may be weaker than the other, so work on that. It's also my experience that getting a good pump at the joint is excellent for healing. Massage is also good. If you don't already use a stiff wrap, a more cast-like wrap will keep your wrist from flexing.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hammer curls are about the only curl I can do.
I had that same issue. This is what I ended up doing:

- Cable hammer curls with the rope attachment only, since this didn't really aggravate the injury.
- Started doing machine preachers using lighter weight, mostly partials at first within a range that did not cause serious discomfort.
- A lot of mobility work and stretching of the forearms.
- Rehab work for forearms conditioning and strengthening.

Your injury may possibly be different then mine, but mine felt like the issue was in the wrist but I eventually figured out it was more of a pull coming from my forearm. It's funny how many times where the pain is occurring is not necessarily the injury site, lulz.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Developed wrist tendonitis in my left wrist about 2 weeks ago. As a result, I'm really not able to curl or do bench press. It's really ruining my workouts right now. Are there any supps that could at least aid with this?
Quit doing what makes it hurt for a couple of weeks dude. Its most likely an overuse injury, so it has got to heal. Shouldnt take to long to start getting better! Just rest bruh, rest it!

Derick

Derick

Awards
Also had some severe joint pains in my wrist and got prescribed Vimovo, which is used also for arthritis - worked like a bomb and no issues in my hands now. Maybe worthwhile checking out

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Check out Achilles from Antaeus, not only does it include Cissus, it also has a whole bunch of great antiinflammatories backed by years of research, such as PEA.

That and some peptides/IGF-1

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Achilles looks solid.
It's very solid! It's antiinflammatory, pain relieving and helps heal tendons, ligaments and bones, and can even strengthen all these tissues, even in a healthy individual. It really covers all the bases as far as soft tissue and bone injury goes, by treating both the sides and the cause, as well as working to prevent future injuries by strengthening tissues. Only other thing you could add is extra Cissus, which can never hurt. Not expensive at all either, $25 for a months supply.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bought Achilles. NP had a good deal on it.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can also try laxogenin as in STR3NGTH or DermaStrength, a recent reviewer posted the following:

5/5

i`m almost finishing my second bottle of str3ngth . doing anywhere between 4/6 caps a day.i will get 2-3 more bottles just to make a good assessment , but so far i can honestly say this for sure:it has done a superb job with my joints/tendons/ligaments. it has worked far superior than any other cissus product, or any joint oriented supplement and i have tried plenty.I HAD BURSITIS ON MY LEFT WRIST SO BAD I COULD NOT USE IT TO STEER THE DRIVING WHEEL , 7-10 days into str3ngth IT STARTED TO GO AWAY .
for me it has become a STAPLE as a joint product by far.whenever i have cash i will purchase it solely for this objective.musclebuilding wise i can`t say for sure how much it helped because i am just getting back to where i used to be

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would the transdermal be more potent?
Yes it should be. A lot of people are taking over 100mg so you always could stack the oral with the TD.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best of luck with it! Looks solid. Never used it, I've always used Joint Help due to the paractin inclusion for immediate pain relief as well as long term relief. Pains are the worst when you enjoy working out! Feel better!

Mike

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
wrist tendonitis, or carpal tunnel?
woe is you if is latter..

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Outside of supplements, just rest/recovery. Try not to do movements that strain you.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wrist has slightly improved. Still avoiding curls and bench but able to at least do hammer curls to work bi's. Achilles should be delivered tomorrow. At least I can still workout. Could be a lot worse.

SaskBeast

Awards
Once healed use the Hand X Band, worked wonders for me. The mans name is Tony, look it up on line

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I just got an ultrasound kit from LGMedSupply. I'll tell you if it helps with my forearm tendinitis

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
hey mate i had this same problem but in my elbow {almost 3 years } i've tried everything cissus /glucosamine/collagen/fish oil mega dosage and was better but only temporary. One day i found supplement Achilles Antaeus Labs' the company say that inside this sup is few herbs and some special fatty acid i do not know if this is true and do not really care but this stuff works i'm taking 8 cap per day combine this with warming gel before gym and ice compress after. btw in case of stupid comments im old gym rat 35 years i started when i was 23 and i know what placebo effect is...
Glad to hear Achilles is doing you well. I always say it's very powerful, and here's the proof.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
You need to work your forearms. Pain when supinated is due to tight forearm flexors.

Make sure you stretch them in each end range of rotation

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i'm planning to run ph first in my life and one of the bad side effects which worry me is insomnia so i ordered tudca/liver ONEIROMANCER sleep support Antaeus Labs this stuf can put you into a coma...
insomnia from a PH? never heard of it..
unless, you are talking about trenavar...but I would hope you would not choose this one for your first ever PH experience....

in any event, AL is legit company, nice products and cutting edge compounds

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I did not decided yet I have 1 alpha Finaflex 3 bot/. Dmz15 lgi 2 bot. /. P- mag. Pharmatech 2 bot /. 11-oxo lgi 2 not. / furuza-50 lgi 2 bot the choice is large I'm thinking hit 1-alpha and maybe stack furuza 6-7 weeks + massive caloric surplus
I would say the stack you propose is certainly suitable for a first-time user

massive caloric surplus tho? not sure what quality of gains you are desiring, but keep in mind if you just throw junk at the wall, the junk will stick to the wall on steroidal compounds as easy as it does off them....clean caloric reasonable surplus would be what I would start with, and proceed from there

should be no sleeping issues from either of those products..

are you planning to run a log? if so, make sure you alert me to the thread, will be along for the ride to help out if needed

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just a quick update. Been on Achilles for about 2 weeks now. Wrist still not 100% but that's on me for refusing to take a rest. Pain is tolerable but still can't go all out on bench.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a quick update. Been on Achilles for about 2 weeks now. Wrist still not 100% but that's on me for refusing to take a rest. Pain is tolerable but still can't go all out on bench.
What wrist wraps do you use? I can tell you that a pair of 36" powerlifting wrist wraps for powerlifting make a world of difference compared to, say, a 12" Wal-Mart brand wrap. Make sure you're wrapping TIGHT TIGHT, stretching the material, and getting your wrist casted into a neutral position, not bent back.

If your wrist wrap game is on point, then sorry I couldn't be of further help. Just thought I'd offer what I could, joint supps are not my game.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just stopped or went light on whatever movements made the area hurt. I wrapped the wrists with a flexible bandage. A brace would do as well. Took eight weeks to recover. Focused on other exercises like squats and deadlifts and did not lose any strength. Well at least I believe I did not.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What wrist wraps do you use? I can tell you that a pair of 36" powerlifting wrist wraps for powerlifting make a world of difference compared to, say, a 12" Wal-Mart brand wrap. Make sure you're wrapping TIGHT TIGHT, stretching the material, and getting your wrist casted into a neutral position, not bent back. If your wrist wrap game is on point, then sorry I couldn't be of further help. Just thought I'd offer what I could, joint supps are not my game.
My wrist wraps are made by Scheik (I think that's how you spell the name). Seem to be good quality, IMO.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thinking more along the lines of Titan, EFS, Inzer, Power Belly, Overkill, or Metal. I'm not big on the brand you mentioned, it's not going to be supportive enough.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hate to say but my previously injured wrist starting aching again after some cross-fit type weight swings. May to have to go and do an MRI to see what is what.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MRI indicates frayed ligaments on right ulnar wrist meeting area. No crossfit type workout for one month minimum.(my HIIT routine) Dr. indicates to use caution with any pushing exercises and avoid wrist flexation movements. Dr.(orthopedic surgeon) is into strength training and cautioned against using the rigid 180 degree bar for tricep pushdowns as that places too much tension on the wrists. (I only use the rope myself)

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wanted to add that my Dr. prescribed Voltaren Gel http://www.voltarengel.com/consumer/default.aspx and it really has worked quite well these past few days. Admittedly, I discontinued all exercising as of last Monday, August 4th, for a week and perhaps that has something to do with it as well.