DHEA Supp

Sketch2000

Awards
I know DHEA is good for TEST Production but not sure what Pregnenolone is for....Doing some research.

There are so many DHEA products on the market. Can anyone recommend one they stand by?

Sketch

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
AgeForce DHEA+preg is great! If you are looking for test boost, they have a test patch that is very legit.

Sketch2000

Awards
Great read. Thank you.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know DHEA is good for TEST Production but not sure what Pregnenolone is for....Doing some research.

There are so many DHEA products on the market. Can anyone recommend one they stand by?

Sketch
Except DHEA is not that great for test production.

What are your stats? Age? Training level? There are other things that can be recommended that will actually be efficacious and worth money spent.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DHEA makes me feel better, and boosts my libido and strength to an extent. However, age will play a factor. As Rhadam said, I would not expect a massive test boost.

I think that I am DHEA deficient, as I feel amazing while on it. I have a better mood, better mental clarity, etc. Have you checked out Dermacrine?

Sketch2000

Awards
DHEA makes me feel better, and boosts my libido and strength to an extent. However, age will play a factor. As Rhadam said, I would not expect a massive test boost.

I think that I am DHEA deficient, as I feel amazing while on it. I have a better mood, better mental clarity, etc. Have you checked out Dermacrine?
No haven't checked out Demacrine. Will do though. I've heard great things about DHEA!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Demacrine is the best transdermal DHEA product out there. Tons and tons of positive reviews...
Thanks for the support, brother! It definitely is an awesome product.

I have a bottle waiting right now :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DHEA is not something to take lightly. I'd always recommend seeing where you are currently because you definitely do not want to go outside of normal range, but rather be in the upper level of normal. Also, I'd start with preg and assess. If it does not bring up DHEA to desired levels, then look to supplement. I ended up dropping DHEA because I became very sensitive to e2 sides. I just got blood work last Tuesday and after backfilling, preg has maintained my levels near the very top of the range.

Just my .02.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DHEA is not something to take lightly. I'd always recommend seeing where you are currently because you definitely do not want to go outside of normal range, but rather be in the upper level of normal. Also, I'd start with preg and assess. If it does not bring up DHEA to desired levels, then look to supplement. I ended up dropping DHEA because I became very sensitive to e2 sides. I just got blood work last Tuesday and after backfilling, preg has maintained my levels near the very top of the range. Just my .02.
Good info!

bobbybondmo

Banned
Awards
DHEA is not something to take lightly. I'd always recommend seeing where you are currently because you definitely do not want to go outside of normal range, but rather be in the upper level of normal. Also, I'd start with preg and assess. If it does not bring up DHEA to desired levels, then look to supplement. I ended up dropping DHEA because I became very sensitive to e2 sides. I just got blood work last Tuesday and after backfilling, preg has maintained my levels near the very top of the range.

Just my .02.
What preg product do u rcommend? And thanks for the info..

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dermacrine is what your after...it works well but i don't often use it as a standalone

my only problem with the product is, it's a lot of lotion to spread around

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dermacrine is what your after...it works well but i don't often use it as a standalone my only problem with the product is, it's a lot of lotion to spread around
Yeah, it can be depending on your dosage. It's about a quarter size amount for each pump.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it's gonna be hard to go with anything but dermacrine for this purpose.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the dermacrine writeup, it might have some beneficial info for you.

oDHEA & Pregnenolone skin Gel
oResveratrol & 7,8-Benzoflavone prevent estrogenic side effects*
oEnhances athletic performance, recovery and strength*
oIncreases GH & IGF-1 to support muscle growth and fat reduction*
oPregnenolone provides hair-loss protection

The primary hormone in Dermacrine is DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) - the precursor to all anabolic/andrognic hormones in the body. Although DHEA has been available for years, and is found in many other hormonal supplements, Dermacrine offers a distinct advantage that makes it up to 20x more effective than regular pill or tablet based products. You see, with the rapidly absorbing Liqua-Vade technology, Dermacrine delivers DHEA to the blood stream within seconds. Within minutes, the body begins converting DHEA to other more anabolic hormones such as androstenediol, androstenedione and testosterone. This is where Dermacrine gets it's anabolic & androgenic horsepower - for increasing strength and lean muscle beyond your natural limit.

The DHEA is also converted to more powerful fat burning hormones such as 7-oxo-DHEA and 7-beta-DHEA. These are powerful thermogenic hormones that increase the rate of fat loss, helping you shed fat as you gain muscle.

The second hormone in Dermacrine is pregnenolone. This hormone was added in a precise ratio with the DHEA to balance and control conversion to DHT (dihydrotestosterone), which may cause hair loss in men prone to androgenic alopecia. Those sensitive to DHT who are concerned with hair-loss need not worry; Dermacrine won't cost you the hair-line! Pregnenolone is also a powerful neurosteroid, which can enhance cognitive focus and memory.

Since certain anabolic & androgenic hormones can convert to estrogen, Dermacrine was fortified with an anti-estrogen complex which consists of resveratrol, 7,8 benzoflavone and chrysin. These are natural plant based compounds that block estrogenic effects such as gyno and fat storage. Resveratrol, 7,8 benzoflavone and chrysin have also been proven to have potent fertility stimulating properties, which can help promote increased sexual desire, erectile function and stamina.*

1. Administer lotion every morning, after a shower*
2. 150-190 lbs : 3 pumps, 191-230 lbs : 4 pumps, 231+ lbs ; 5 pumps
3. Allow 4-5 minutes to dry*
*Apply to shoulders and upper-back for best conversion*
Only apply the product to clean, dry skin. Shaving off body hair is recommended, but not required. Also, avoid swimming, bathing or tanning for at least 6 hours after application.*

Product Facts*

Pumps per bottle: 130
DHEA 72mg***
7,8-Benzoflavone (99%) 36mg***
Resveratrol (99%) 36mg***
Pregnenolone 18mg***
Chrysin (99%) 9mg**
Other Ingredients: Water, ethyl alcohol (organic), dimethyl isosorbide, ethoxydiglycol, propylene glycol monolaurate, Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), Trans-resveratrol (98%), 7,8,benzoflavone (98%), tiethanolamine, carbomer, pregnenelone, tetrahydropiperine..*
* Certified Organic*
+ US Patent 6,849,645*
Version 1*

WARNING:*
Product may transfer to others by direct skin contact. Avoid direct skin contact with new born children. Product is not recommended for women, elderly, anyone under the age of 18 or anyone diagnosed with a serious health condition including but not limited to cancer, BPH, epilepsy, depression, diabetes, cardiovascular disease or high blood pressure. Always consult your physician before using this product with any over-the-counter or prescription medication.*
NOTICE:*
Fast drying gel lotion, possessing fresh citrus scent.

Sketch2000

Awards
Thanks. Great info!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are 3 good brands for sublingual.

Superior Source
Source Naturals
Douglas Labs

The reason I like Source naturals the best is because they offer 5 and 10mg. I like to dose low for daily and if there is a particular event or some reason I really want to tap the memory benefits to their full extent, I'll up it to 50mg.

bobbybondmo

Banned
Awards

Superior Source
Source Naturals
Douglas Labs

The reason I like Source naturals the best is because they offer 5 and 10mg. I like to dose low for daily and if there is a particular event or some reason I really want to tap the memory benefits to their full extent, I'll up it to 50mg.
Thanks!

Sketch2000

Awards

Just my .02.
I need to do additional research (obviously).

But why take DHEA and Preg? Don't they both have similar effects?

I agree. I just want to ensure I get the best supplement out there for DHEA after I get my baseline level. They are plenty of cheap supplements on the market (as I'm sure you well know).

What exactly is the benefit of Preg and DHEA? What differentiates them?

Sketch

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Sketch
"can anyone recommend one they stand by"...

i ran dermacrine for close to 5 months straight, took almost a month off and now am back on it again with no intention of stopping any time soon.

i recommend dermacrine, and yes i stand by it!!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to do additional research (obviously).

But why take DHEA and Preg? Don't they both have similar effects?

I agree. I just want to ensure I get the best supplement out there for DHEA after I get my baseline level. They are plenty of cheap supplements on the market (as I'm sure you well know).

What exactly is the benefit of Preg and DHEA? What differentiates them?

Sketch
Some people may take them together because Preg sits atop of DHEA and only a portion of Preg converts to DHEA and the rest follows the pathway of Progesterone and Aldosterone. Because only a portion converts to DHEA, if your levels are low, then it can be beneficial to supplement this to bring it up.

Preg boosts mental capacity, energy, well being, and acts as a very strong anxiolytic.
DHEA is more powerful as it is further down the chain and converts directly to test and estrogen, so the effects on energy and well being are more pronounced, but this also brings on the higher possibility of sides.

The reason Preg is suggested first is to attempt to supplement at the top of the pathway and allow balance to occur naturally. That doesn't mean it is necessary, simply a suggestion since DHEA is more likely to bring on sides like hair loss and acne.

Sketch2000

Awards
Some people may take them together because Preg sits atop of DHEA and only a portion of Preg converts to DHEA and the rest follows the pathway of Progesterone and Aldosterone. Because only a portion converts to DHEA, if your levels are low, then it can be beneficial to supplement this to bring it up.

Preg boosts mental capacity, energy, well being, and acts as a very strong anxiolytic.
DHEA is more powerful as it is further down the chain and converts directly to test and estrogen, so the effects on energy and well being are more pronounced, but this also brings on the higher possibility of sides.

The reason Preg is suggested first is to attempt to supplement at the top of the pathway and allow balance to occur naturally. That doesn't mean it is necessary, simply a suggestion since DHEA is more likely to bring on sides like hair loss and acne.
Thank you brother

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anytime. There is little I enjoy discussing more than this topic.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

besides for it's other attributes preg was added to dermacrine to offset dhea sides such as hair loss!!!

Sketch2000

Awards
Anytime. There is little I enjoy discussing more than this topic.
If DHEA is prone to converting to Estrogen and you take it alone is it then perhaps beneficial to take an anti estrogen compound with it (If you don't use Preg you use DHEA lone standing?)

Sketch

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is entirely up to how your body converts it. I personally wouldn't take DHEA alone, but that is just the way I approach it. If you did go that route and started to see sides, you could decrease your dose or change when you take it- eod, for example. I prefer to take supplements away rather than add to them, so I'd attempt to make my protocol better before adding something to make it better.

Sketch2000

Awards
That is entirely up to how your body converts it. I personally wouldn't take DHEA alone, but that is just the way I approach it. If you did go that route and started to see sides, you could decrease your dose or change when you take it- eod, for example. I prefer to take supplements away rather than add to them, so I'd attempt to make my protocol better before adding something to make it better.
Thanks. Good point.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah me too. I am going to pick up some more and stack it but with I don't know yet.

Sketch2000

Awards
One problem i can foresee using demacrine is that I'm using androgel and therefore would only have my upper back to apply it to which would be a b... I'm already half covered on gel! !lol..maybe i should try the sublingual dhea tabs recommended earlier in the thread but then again i don't want to take it alone. Any good preg supplements to add to out and/ or a sublingual or oral tab that has both??

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why not just take sublingual preg to start like I mentioned?

Sketch2000

Awards

Superior Source
Source Naturals
Douglas Labs

These are the preg solo products you recommend right k?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Sketch
Dermacrine.