Taking creatine with a diet protein shake

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Will it be a good concoction taking protein all in one powder with creatine and a diet whey protein powder (PHD diet whey) through out the day. Will it still be effective or will it cancel each other out???

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet protein shake? Wtf?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Will it be a good concoction taking protein all in one powder with creatine and a diet whey protein powder (PHD diet whey) through out the day. Will it still be effective or will it cancel each other out???
Diet whey sounds like a scam.

It wont make any difference

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Diet whey sounds like a scam. It wont make any difference
I used diet whey last summer for about 9/10 weeks and I leaned up quite well but seemed to look smaller in size. I'm just wondering if the all in one protein powder would make a difference in size and would the diet whey lean me up aswell

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I used diet whey last summer for about 9/10 weeks and I leaned up quite well but seemed to look smaller in size. I'm just wondering if the all in one protein powder would make a difference in size and would the diet whey lean me up aswell
A diet protein is just a protein with fewer calories. That may mean a reduction in carbs and fats, or also a reduction in protein. By my reckoning, a protein such as select which has few calories from carbs and fat would be far more ideal as all the calories come from protein.

The all in one protein wont have any different effect on body comp whatsoever.

To me, calling something diet just means adding water or non-caloric fillers to reduce the calories per scoop. Its not a special leaning protein.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Google PHD diet whey protein don't comment unless it's necessary
I know what it is. Commented because it seems ridiculous to get a "diet" whey protein powder.

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
I know what it is. Commented because it seems ridiculous to get a "diet" whey protein powder.
How can it be ridiculous when it has fat loss agents in it helping you to lose unwanted fat along with a good diet and a high protein content. Tell me what is ridiculous about that if a person is wanting to lean up but keep good size muscle mass!

murk01

murk01

Awards
Diet protein ... That's prob like iso-pure its a very low to no carb whey.

I use it when on keto.

You can mix it... But creatine needs carbs. So its cool if you mix ur shake with milk. With water won't be as effective... At least that's what I hear.
If your not doing keto, then mix it with what ever and just use reg whey.

If u are in ketosis u can use it like a pro for TDK ...

murk01

murk01

Awards
Just looked up PHD its whey with added ingredients... Looks cool. Never heard of it b4.

And yeah why not mixed with creatine

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Just looked up PHD its whey with added ingredients... Looks cool. Never heard of it b4.

And yeah why not mixed with creatine
Can you post link to profile?

murk01

murk01

Awards
2kg container with screw cap.34 grams of protein per 50 gram serving.
Contains Whey Protein, Milk Protein and Soya ProteinContains CLA and L-Carnitine, less than 3G of sugar per serving.

I think this guy might be a marketer anyway

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
2kg container with screw cap.34 grams of protein per 50 gram serving.
Contains Whey Protein, Milk Protein and Soya ProteinContains CLA and L-Carnitine, less than 3G of sugar per serving.

I think this guy might be a marketer anyway
Well CLA and Carnitine wont help much for fat loss, so to me thats just filler to pad out the scoop :p

murk01

murk01

Awards
Yeah... I don't even know what the fuk those things are useful 4

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Looking at the profile, it seems like a money drainer. I would rather have Isotean and all that other stuff separately so I can time it and adjust the amount I want for each serving.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Yeah that's why I thought it was like iso-pure. But what ever. Anything is worth a shot

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
You can take creatine whenever and however you want

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A diet protein is just a protein with fewer calories. That may mean a reduction in carbs and fats, or also a reduction in protein. By my reckoning, a protein such as select which has few calories from carbs and fat would be far more ideal as all the calories come from protein.

The all in one protein wont have any different effect on body comp whatsoever.

To me, calling something diet just means adding water or non-caloric fillers to reduce the calories per scoop. Its not a special leaning protein.
Bingo
you lost weight because you were in a caloric deficit, not because your whey had CLA or Carn in it.

Say your protein was 120 calories a serving compared to say 100, and instead you dropped a bit of carbs from potatoes/rice or other starches in your diet and you still hit your deficit you would still lose weight. (since you eliminated kcals from other sources to maintain the overall caloric deficit)

The "Diet" part is just a fad and marketing agent in the grand scheme of things.

Since it has less kcals like a pure isolate it will help eliminate some kcals, but you could easily invest in a generic whey protein powder that may have a touch more and eat less whole food while the protein powder would just supply a few extra kcals but if you still reach your deficit then you will still lose weight, lean up and get cut.

Personal preference in the end, but if you want to shell out the money for that product then by all means continue to do so OP, just different ways to go about it.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Diet protein shake? Wtf?
holy youthful angst :rolleyes:

How can it be ridiculous when it has fat loss agents in it helping you to lose unwanted fat along with a good diet and a high protein content. Tell me what is ridiculous about that if a person is wanting to lean up but keep good size muscle mass!
it is ridiculous, because you have no clue what you are talking about
ignorance is bliss, eh?
this is nothing more than a marketing gimmick, made for suckers who do not understand nutrition or have a handle on what they need to do to change/shape their body

but as to your particular question of it mattering if you add creatine - why would it?
I am not trying to be offensive, but this question is simply yet another example that you have much to learn, before you think about getting snippy with other posters and trying to dictate what is said to you

good luck

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would just sprinkle my "diet beef" with creatine. That's just me though.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I would just sprinkle my "diet beef" with creatine. That's just me though.
Your beef is only "diet" if the cow was cycling CLA....

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And here comes the ball busting
Nah man, more just an attempt at humor, but a statement in its own right. I believe shakes have a time and place (mine is in the morning with my eggs), but a lot of people rely on them for their nutrition. I'm part of the "food over shakes" crowd.
OP, doesn't really matter how/when you ingest your creatine (unless new info is available since 90 days ago).

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bingoyou lost weight because you were in a caloric deficit, not because your whey had CLA or Carn in it.Say your protein was 120 calories a serving compared to say 100, and instead you dropped a bit of carbs from potatoes/rice or other starches in your diet and you still hit your deficit you would still lose weight. (since you eliminated kcals from other sources to maintain the overall caloric deficit)The "Diet" part is just a fad and marketing agent in the grand scheme of things.Since it has less kcals like a pure isolate it will help eliminate some kcals, but you could easily invest in a generic whey protein powder that may have a touch more and eat less whole food while the protein powder would just supply a few extra kcals but if you still reach your deficit then you will still lose weight, lean up and get cut.Personal preference in the end, but if you want to shell out the money for that product then by all means continue to do so OP, just different ways to go about it.
All of this! And no, protein and creatine won't "cancel each other out."

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
You're the one asking questions about a diet protein! I wouldn't get a attitude being new hear and all lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend