Trouble Sleeping, need expert help!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I just started to diet harder and picked up my training, I have about a month left of my routine.

My problem is that everytime I do this I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep =(
It hurts my training and recovery...

I need something to knock me out and let me stay that way for 8 hours, what would you guys recommend?
I have been using Agmatine and Magnesium before bed but it's kinda hit or miss...

Thankful for help!

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Few things that I like to use is a Mineral supplement. IF that doesnt work, Lights Out and Intimidate knock me right out.

Other option is to see a Doc about it.

Jasontheman

Jasontheman

Awards
Definitely Melatonin 5-10 grams a night and it raises GH levels by 157% plus it's dirt cheap and doesn't affect quality of sleep

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin is good stuff, but it's very user dependent. I'd buy time release no matter what the dosage. Also, start out at 1 or 2 mg before you bump it up. I fall asleep better when I break my 3mg tablets in half and just take that than I do when I have the entire thing.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Few things that I like to use is a Mineral supplement. IF that doesnt work, Lights Out and Intimidate knock me right out.

Other option is to see a Doc about it.
I heard about them before, do they actually keep you asleep also?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Definitely Melatonin 5-10 grams a night and it raises GH levels by 157% plus it's dirt cheap and doesn't affect quality of sleep
I never really had any luck with Melatonin unfortunately ... :(

Thanks anyway

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rem 8.0 will knock you out and keep you out

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything with magnesium does the trick for me. I personally have always been a fan of ZMA, but as another option there is a product called Natural Magnesium Calm and it is so damn tasty. Just need to assess tolerance because some people are really sensitive to magnesium.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
magneisum supplements affect my sleep in a negative way

i do like lights out for sleep, i'm also a fan of melatonin, valerian root and chamamile tea

g8 is also a nice suppelement for sleep, i'd recommend to never use a full scoop, might wake up groggy

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
magneisum supplements affect my sleep in a negative way

i do like lights out for sleep, i'm also a fan of melatonin, valerian root and chamamile tea

g8 is also a nice suppelement for sleep, i'd recommend to never use a full scoop, might wake up groggy
I have check out G8, thanks!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know you said this always happens when you diet, but how is your sleeping hygiene? Maybe something you do affects your sleep while your cutting that normally wouldn't. Try and make sure your room is as dark and quiet as possible. Do you eat before bed whole you bulk and not when you cut? If you do need a supp, I would try Melatonin at first to see if that helps. It is cheap. My other suggestions would be MAN REM PM, AI 3Z or Ergobolic which also helps with cortisol. Ergobolic will make you sleep well and feel refreshed.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Look into Growth Factor XT. This stuff will improve sleep quality immensely. I'm also a fan of agmatine and Glycophase pre-bed; not for sleep onset but for improved sleep quality.

In reference to the post above, 5-10mgs of melatonin is far too much

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Only product I've used in the past that helped me slightly with a better sleep was GABA.

Nothing major, but I noticed the effects.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I know you said this always happens when you diet, but how is your sleeping hygiene? Maybe something you do affects your sleep while your cutting that normally wouldn't. Try and make sure your room is as dark and quiet as possible. Do you eat before bed whole you bulk and not when you cut? If you do need a supp, I would try Melatonin at first to see if that helps. It is cheap. My other suggestions would be MAN REM PM, AI 3Z or Ergobolic which also helps with cortisol. Ergobolic will make you sleep well and feel refreshed.
Everything is about the same except I train harder and staying away from cheats. It happened before when I go in to hard periods if training... :(

How do you like 3Z? I found it really cheap so it might be worth to try

wray98

wray98

Awards
Hey Brother! Look into Noxitropin PM! Will put you down, keep you down plus dry you out a bit.

Sterling Arch

Sterling Arch

Awards
Any of these sleeping aids will help you so if I were you I would start out with the cheapest one.

Masturbation also helps. If not, start studying a subject you find boring. That should seriously put you to sleep (SRS! Because it works for me everything time but I sometimes end up drooling on the book :/)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Abyss Unparalleled has done the best for me in regards to sleep quality.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just started to diet harder and picked up my training, I have about a month left of my routine.

My problem is that everytime I do this I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep =(

I need something to knock me out and let me stay that way for 8 hours, what would you guys recommend?
I have been using Agmatine and Magnesium before bed but it's kinda hit or miss...

Thankful for help!
If you would like to try Growth factor or Phenibut xt shoot me your shipping info and I will get you a sample

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have check out G8, thanks!
G8 by finaflex works awesome. I used to be a rep for them, and this one really changed the game for me.

Just be sure to dose it 5 days on, 2 days off. And take time in between bottles.

Full scoop is pretty powerful and it can leave you groggy in the morning if you sleep less than 8/10 hours.

Start off with half a scoop and go from there.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you would like to try Growth factor or Phenibut xt shoot me your shipping info and I will get you a sample
Think you'll love this as well.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thankful for help!
As Edje mentioned, g8 is prefect for what you are looking for. Deep restful sleep and forty servings to a tub. Can't beat it!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I went a head and ordered the G8, thanks guys for your help, I hope this knock me the **** out! :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
thanks for the G8 love gentlemen!
I never have to use anything other than this.......ever

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Haven't used G8 but I'm tempted to try now. In regards to waking up alert and going straight to sleep, sleephoria has been amazing

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am definitely intrigued after looking at the ingredient profile. Looking forward to hearing more about this.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest supplementing 5mg of Melatonin, 5-HTP, and Mucuna Pruriens. This combination provides higher quality of sleep while creating a subtle sense of drowsiness. This won't knock you out like diphenhydramine HCL/Citrate, or Ambien:saeek:....these put me out, but the residual hangover and potential dependency is not worth suggesting.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Animal PM and Nimbus Abyss have both done me well.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Melatonin should not be used in excess of 1mg. It's more for sleep-wake cycle disorders though. For basic sleep induction, I love using abyss unparalleled + this ipad app I have: Sleep Pillow. Creates white noise that you can customize to maximum relaxation and helps you drift right off.

tomcat

Awards
My daily night time routine:
10 mg of melatonin, 3 capsules of valerian root, chased down with herbal nighttime sleepytime tea. Once I take this I've got about 20 minutes to do whatever I want to do , then I'm out! Usually wake up to the first sound in the morning feeling refreshed.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
lqtm....
all these guys ODing on melatonin, for no reason
but - more is always better, right? I mean, amiright?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Animal PM and Nimbus Abyss have both done me well.
I was able to log Animal PM when it first came out. That is some good stuff.

All this talk about G8 and Abyss have me wanting to purchase them

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you training in the evening and then trying to go to sleep? If so, I'd say adjust your training time. Push it back a couple of hours if possible, or even train in the morning (whatever your morning is).
G8 is going to work great. It's the only sleep supp that I've ever used and I only use it in "emergency" situations.
Good luck.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Are you training in the evening and then trying to go to sleep? If so, I'd say adjust your training time. Push it back a couple of hours if possible, or even train in the morning (whatever your morning is).
G8 is going to work great. It's the only sleep supp that I've ever used and I only use it in "emergency" situations.
Good luck.
Yes I do but it's no different from before...
I'm excited about the G8, can't wait until it comes :)
Thanks!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes I do but it's no different from before... I'm excited about the G8, can't wait until it comes :) Thanks!
Ok, I just thought that you mentioned that you were training harder than normal.
A lot of people don't realize that vigorous exercise will raise core temp by as much as 2 degrees. One of the body's signaling devices for the onset of sleep is a decrease in core temperature. It can take the body as long as four to five hours to return to normal temperature after training. If you're training harder than you were before, this is probably a good explanation for what's going on.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Ok, I just thought that you mentioned that you were training harder than normal.
A lot of people don't realize that vigorous exercise will raise core temp by as much as 2 degrees. One of the body's signaling devices for the onset of sleep is a decrease in core temperature. It can take the body as long as four to five hours to return to normal temperature after training. If you're training harder than you were before, this is probably a good explanation for what's going on.
Interesting! Yes, I do train harder with more cardio, but times of workouts haven't changed was what I meant. I always train in the evenings and it's hard for me to do it earlier but it do make sense about the core temp, thanks, that's good to know :)

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Melatonin should not be used in excess of 1mg. It's more for sleep-wake cycle disorders though. For basic sleep induction, I love using abyss unparalleled + this ipad app I have: Sleep Pillow. Creates white noise that you can customize to maximum relaxation and helps you drift right off.
i only have these 3mg pills of melatonin.why do you think it would be bad to use them on a daily basis?heard much good things about melatonin besides sleep quality improvement and heard nothing bout sides at that dose

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the G8 love gentlemen!
I never have to use anything other than this.......ever
Alright that's it, I have to try G8. It's a must!
lqtm....
all these guys ODing on melatonin, for no reason
but - more is always better, right? I mean, amiright?
It's crazy, did you see one guy said 10 mg?! Lol!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
i only have these 3mg pills of melatonin.why do you think it would be bad to use them on a daily basis?heard much good things about melatonin besides sleep quality improvement and heard nothing bout sides at that dose
1mg has been found more effective than 5 or 10. 3 is fine I suppose

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I have 3mg time release and they work better for me when I break them in half. If they're tablets try it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i got a slight stomach virus early sunday morning and didn't get much sleep....i've been trying to catch up on some sleep since then, melatonin, valerian root, and lights out....have been having some quality sleep

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using FINAFLEX G8 and ZMA together, puts me right out. Without something like that combo I have a hard time sleeping myself.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lqtm....all these guys ODing on melatonin, for no reasonbut - more is always better, right? I mean, amiright?
Duh, That's why I always triple dose ibuprofen. If the label says to take 2, I always take 6. You gots two cause if ya weighs more den ya gotz to take moars. Plus its makes da headaches goes aways fasters bro

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Duh, That's why I always triple dose ibuprofen. If the label says to take 2, I always take 6. You gots two cause if ya weighs more den ya gotz to take moars. Plus its makes da headaches goes aways fasters bro
hmmm..
I either feel so very enlightened now, or I feel violently molested in a very strange way..
I cannot decide which

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like Gaia Herbs Sleep and Relax tea (and ZMA) about 30 to 60 minutes before bed. With that combo I've finally been able to sleep through the night without waking multiple times. I've even been able to give up using melatonin (0.5 mg) each nght because the tea seems to relax me enough (ZMA by itself wasn't enough).

Banned
Awards
Please be careful with Phenibut xt

that stuff isnt no JOKE

getting hooked and trying get off with all your world upside down in a horrible way