Workplace lower back injury supp and training advice?

T

tin gorilla

Awards
A CT scan has shown a small right-sided paracentral disc protrusion at L5/S1. I have been prescribed Mobic 15mg x3 per day and 2 weeks off work before next review. Would love advice regarding beneficial supps both natty and not as well as training advice

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you asked your doctor about training advice? How did you hurt your back? It it was from lifting and you cannot work for two weeks, I would take the two weeks off from the gym or just do cardio. Maybe the second week if your feeling better, do exercise where your lower back is supported.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I ended up having a discotomy for my l5. that's a bad place to hurt your back. some things that I do to control pain and remain healthy:
I use medicinal weed, it doesn't kill the pain but rather allows me to focus on work at hand instead of being miserable all the time.
ibuprophen- 750-800 mgs every 4 hrs until swelling is under control (now that you injured it, you will forever be dealing with flare ups.
joint help- 6-8 pills per day depending on pain/injury
fish oil- 8-10g per day I like IFNs mint infused fo
Castor oil packs
squats and deads (once your healed) don't do anything stupid.. your back will now dictate your weight selection go easy.
cross country ski machine like the old Nordic trac. bar none the best lower back exercise for l5 spinal health

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
The only thing I can think of is anti-inflammatory like IFN Fish Oil. Hope it heals well for you. Going to be a pain getting back into big compound movements.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Maybe Nerve Restore by Evomuse? I have scoliosis and it has helped me. There truly is not much worse than back pain!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A CT scan has shown a small right-sided paracentral disc protrusion at L5/S1. I have been prescribed Mobic 15mg x3 per day and 2 weeks off work before next review. Would love advice regarding beneficial supps both natty and not as well as training advice
Joint Help + 4grams of quality fish oils + 3grams of agmatine ED. Spread out all doses throughout the day. This is a great stack and really should help alleviate the majority of the pain.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Joint Help + 4grams of quality fish oils + 3grams of agmatine ED. Spread out all doses throughout the day. This is a great stack and really should help alleviate the majority of the pain.
Another great joint product to swap out for Joint Help is Forged Joint Repair. It has done wonders for me.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you could easily get all of that from one place.. IFN:
jointhelp_lg.png
agmatine_lg.png
fishoil_lg.png

T

tin gorilla

Awards
Thanks for your input everyone. Already taking iForce Joint Help prior to the injury and still taking it now along with strong fish oil and Nalgestic Ultra (curcumin 12.148).