(-)-Epicatechin: other effects?

test112

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to read up specifically on (-)-epicatechin but every search I do generally pulls up lots of results for other types of catechins and epicatechins.

Apart from the myostatin inhibition, what other metabolic and hormonal effects are there? Anything in particular jump out in terms of T/E/prolactin/cortisol/DHT/Thyroid/etc. of note?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm trying to read up specifically on (-)-epicatechin but every search I do generally pulls up lots of results for other types of catechins and epicatechins.

Apart from the myostatin inhibition, what other metabolic and hormonal effects are there? Anything in particular jump out in terms of T/E/prolactin/cortisol/DHT/Thyroid/etc. of note?
Brundel (the maker of follidrone) has posted plenty of studies. Check the BLR company page and look up the announcement thread. All the info you need

heavyweight83

heavyweight83

Awards
yea probably PM brundel he should be able to give u more info

amarula

Awards
I'm more interested to know how is this manufactured, is it an extract? From where?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm more interested to know how is this manufactured, is it an extract? From where?
Not so sure brundel is going to let this out. He is keeping everything close to the chest since several companies are coming out with products with the same ingredient. Again check the thread or PM brundel

mmats

Awards

Possible MAO-B inhibitor and adiponectin upregulator.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I havnt seen any indication it effects the HPTA in any significant way.
THere is no study Im aware of pointing to an increase in prolactin or thyroid suppression.

It has a different MOA than a steroid so many of the concerns you would commonly have do not apply.