sns choline citrate

Herm

Awards
just got my choline citrate in the mail and opened it today. There seemed to be no visible point where the seal had been broken but about half of the powder had kinda turned into almost like a chunk of ice consistency so i just lightly worked through it with my hand and broke it back up, but i cant tell if something wrong, almost all the powder seems like maybe it was effected by moistuer. Is it supposed to be fluffy light powder? Either way i took half a scoop last night and didnt really notice anything but if some of it has kinda fused together idk how that effects the dosing, any feedback would be great, also I cant find any expiration label on it either.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
It isn't horribly uncommon for that to happen with bulk powders, I am not sure what you are expecting in terms of effects since you said you didn't notice anything though.

Herm

Awards
I should have been less vague, I meant it seemed like everything was normal, thanks for the info

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Clumping can happen with bulk products but shouldn't effect how the dosing works so long as you can still measure out an accurate dose. Does you bottle have a lot number or any stamp on it?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never seen choline light and fluffy.

It's very typical for nootropics to clump if exposed to any moisture at all. If it breaks up easily, I'd have no problem using it.

What dose did you use? Dose with anything else?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just got my choline citrate in the mail and opened it today. There seemed to be no visible point where the seal had been broken but about half of the powder had kinda turned into almost like a chunk of ice consistency so i just lightly worked through it with my hand and broke it back up, but i cant tell if something wrong, almost all the powder seems like maybe it was effected by moistuer. Is it supposed to be fluffy light powder? Either way i took half a scoop last night and didnt really notice anything but if some of it has kinda fused together idk how that effects the dosing, any feedback would be great, also I cant find any expiration label on it either.
The same can occur with powders like citrulline malate. Does it seem to have been exposed to moisture at all?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I should have been less vague, I meant it seemed like everything was normal, thanks for the info
Choline citrate/bitartrate isn't going to give you an incredibly enhanced sense of focus or mood if that is what you were expecting, a choline source such as CDP Choline or Alpha GPC might possibly yield better results for stand alone choline.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Choline citrate/bitartrate isn't going to give you an incredibly enhanced sense of focus or mood if that is what you were expecting, a choline source such as CDP Choline or Alpha GPC might possibly yield better results for stand alone choline.
What is choline citrate main function then?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Same as other forms of choline

What are you basing this off of? I can find you a ton of literature work saying choline sources are worthwhile for a variety of different disorders. The amount of work you'll see about choline in young healthy individuals is limited (but out there), but I find it incredulous someone could use a study or two (harvard or not) and base their assumptions off of that.

Isn't the point of supplementation supplementing your diet? If someone was perfectly fine and had everything from their diet, then why would they supplement something? CDP choline and all the other choline sources are all used to serve one purpose. Think of it the same way you'd think of sources of creatine...why are you supplementing creatine? People use all sorts of different creatine products but in the end, the end goal is the same, increasing PCr.

I am not denying CDP or A-GPC are better, in fact, if the cost was justifible, I would use them, but to consider them significantly much more effective at achieving the bottom line than the salts isn't exactly fair thing to say considering all my points above and the large body of working confirming choline being helpful in many disorders associated with poor cognitive function. Like I said, I like them and am not trying to say they are worthless, just not worth the price.

Also OP, I forgot to say last time, gram for gram, citrate has more choline than bitartate if I recall correctly. Cheers.
This is from synapsin but somewhat a long time ago. I'll summon him here to see if his views are still the same Synapsin

He was having a convo with someone else about the various forms of choline

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Choline is a precursor to acetylcholine which can help in memory, it can have a mood boosting effect but like I said it is not incredibly noticeable with choline citrate/bitartrate unless you are deficient. Assuming you aren't it will have a more subtle effect.

Herm

Awards
I take it before sleep with phenibut and whenever i dose racetams so basically pre workout. Ive seen people say they dont take noots before workout but i dont really get why that is because it makes me focus so much that i feel like i get this super intense mind over matter focus going and in certain exercises the extreme focus really helps my execution.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I take it before sleep with phenibut and whenever i dose racetams so basically pre workout. Ive seen people say they dont take noots before workout but i dont really get why that is because it makes me focus so much that i feel like i get this super intense mind over matter focus going and in certain exercises the extreme focus really helps my execution.
Racetams are supposed to deplete acetylcholine to an extent, ach helps to initiate action potential in muscles so if you are lacking ach it might be detrimental but if it isn't negatively impacting your performance then go for it.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Choline can definitely clump something awful, but it usually breaks back up just fine once you mix it in water. Definitely not something wrong with your tub.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I been buying this stuff off amazon and my first tub has a pleasant citrusy flavor and this new one I got tastes awful. Like MSM bad almost. Not sure what to do or why the flavor would change so drastically. Might order a tub off NP to compare

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same as other forms of cholineThis is from synapsin but somewhat a long time ago. I'll summon him here to see if his views are still the same SynapsinHe was having a convo with someone else about the various forms of choline
Yeah, I still agree with what I said then.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Choline can definitely clump something awful, but it usually breaks back up just fine once you mix it in water. Definitely not something wrong with your tub.
^^^This. My bulk a-gpc clumps pretty bad but once in water it dissolves just fine. I left some of the powder sit out once and it actually formed little dew droplets on the gram scale. Needless to say I didn't use that little bit lol.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I been buying this stuff off amazon and my first tub has a pleasant citrusy flavor and this new one I got tastes awful. Like MSM bad almost. Not sure what to do or why the flavor would change so drastically. Might order a tub off NP to compare
So I ordered another tub of this but from lockout this tim and am gonna compare flavors. Anyone else notice like wild flavor discrepancies between batches?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I ordered another tub of this but from lockout this tim and am gonna compare flavors. Anyone else notice like wild flavor discrepancies between batches?
Are these both from SNS?

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Are these both from SNS?
Yeah. I don't get it. I think maybe the amazon guy did something shady or he left it next to the furnace, lol. First tub had like a citrusy flavor which I think is how its supposed to taste (?). I'll see how this lockout tub tastes.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My choline clumps really bad. Pretty much was a huge chunk when I got it but it was easy to break up.