ALCAR vs Tyrosine

FatBurner2008

Awards
For those that have used ALCAR and Tyrosine, if you were to pick just one, which did you find most beneficial and why?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR has more pronounced effects that I can best describe as a sort of mental stimulation compared to tyrosine, it also could possibly help with memory and reasoning long term from my understanding.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Is there a reason for picking just one? For bulk I prefer Alcar, but I just get in both through Focus XT.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Is it a big no-no to take them both? I have read some people say that. I'm interested in what dosages people have had good results with.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Is it a big no-no to take them both? I have read some people say that. I'm interested in what dosages people have had good results with.
Tyrosine with Yohimbine is a no-no as it can make people feel nauseous; not ALCAR and Tyrosine though; at least not to my knowledge

FatBurner2008

Awards
Does ALCAR need to be taken on an empty stomach? As for dosing, so with about 2g each morning?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Does ALCAR need to be taken on an empty stomach? As for dosing, so with about 2g each morning?
Not needed but I prefer to.

2g before any mentally stimulating activity

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1-2 grams of tyrosine + a good dose of caffeine I have found to be a real good kick the pants.

feather319

feather319

Awards
Tyrosine with Yohimbine is a no-no as it can make people feel nauseous; not ALCAR and Tyrosine though; at least not to my knowledge
I take 500-1000mg tyrosine with alpha-yohimine and haven't had a problem. I also dose it with 1500mg ALCAR.