Gaspari Aminolast...best BCAA?

j2dabizo

Awards
Hi,

I'm currently looking fo rthe best BCAA to take with my workouts...How is Aminolast by Gaspari? I really wanted something with BCAA and Glutamine...I notice this doesn't have it in there.

Can you guys tell me if there is a really good one with the Glutamine...should i just buy vitamin shoppe brand..they have a BCAA with Glutamine and no other addatives.

Thanks!

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Personally I like Xtend but I know many of the guys here prefer Amino IV by PES...

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm also a pretty big fan of amino IV (what I'm currently using) my other favorite is Modern BCAA+ it's an 8:1:1 ratio BCAA with a glutamine dipeptide (sustamine) and it taste pretty good. You can find it for less than 30 bucks for 60 scoops

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like amino Iv or purple wraath. Usually throw in an extra two grams of leucine to wraath depending.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

I'm currently looking fo rthe best BCAA to take with my workouts...How is Aminolast by Gaspari? I really wanted something with BCAA and Glutamine...I notice this doesn't have it in there.

Can you guys tell me if there is a really good one with the Glutamine...should i just buy vitamin shoppe brand..they have a BCAA with Glutamine and no other addatives.

Thanks!
Glutamine wont do much for recovery so no need to seek this out specifically.
With so many BCAA + EAA options id go for one with a favourable ratio and other goodies..

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Id look for a BCAA + EAA blend for intra workout.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
PES Amino IV seems to be at the top of the leaderboard these days, I know I loved it. Alpha Amino from Cellucor is good if you can get it on sale. I'd buy bulk glutamine to save money if you're really hellbent on using it.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PES Amino IV seems to be at the top of the leaderboard these days, I know I loved it. Alpha Amino from Cellucor is good if you can get it on sale. I'd buy bulk glutamine to save money if you're really hellbent on using it.
I wouldn't even buy bulk glutamine.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
purple wrath just cuz CL is a badass company

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Amino IV would be your best bet for intraworkout use, as it supplies enough leucine to maximize MPS, all the EAAs necessary for MPS to actually take place, and performance enhancers like taurine and verbascoside. Not to mention HICA, which is shown in human studies to improve LBM.

My choice for a preworkout BCAA product would be Cellucor Beta BCAA

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Compete has been my favorite intraworkout product I've tried to date. If your looking for strictly a BCAA product Recoverpro is imo the best value, a ton of servings and a good flavor.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really enjoy purple wraath, used intra. Haven't tried Amino IV yet, but hopefully soon

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really enjoy purple wraath, used intra. Haven't tried Amino IV yet, but hopefully soon
Just switched to purple wrath (1.5 scoop intra)

Was using amino IV, went through two tubs. Also, Cellucors bcaas are good, went through two tubs of this as well.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I personally like endurance by formutech. I find it has a great profile and taste and nothing unneeded.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Just switched to purple wrath (1.5 scoop intra)

Was using amino IV, went through two tubs. Also, Cellucors bcaas are good, went through two tubs of this as well.
Totally forgot about Cellucor's product. I endorse that one as well.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Amino IV

Cor beta BCAAs was very enjoyable as well. Lots of extra goodies in that product and the watermelon was bang on.

Aminolast isn't bad though, just a very basic product.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used the cor BCAA's and while I did enjoy them I think the price is very steep for 15 actual servings but having clinical doses of HICA, citrulline, and Beta alanine is very nice

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amino IV Cherry Limeaide is amazing.

Purple Wraath gets some love for how long it has been around and how consistent it is.

Can't go wrong with either.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I am an endurance bcaa plus fan. It's complete with beta alanine, Creatinol O Phosphate, glutamine, and cit Mal. It's a solid product with lactic acid buffers and bcaa. The price is good too. When your getting the cit Mal and COP added it goes a long way.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Totally forgot about Cellucor's product. I endorse that one as well.
I liked it because it had HICA, same reason I bought amino IV. Purple wrath is solid though, it has BA and Cit Mal as well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My favorites are Universal Atomic 7, Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, AEN Intrabolic, and of course, Cellucor Alpha Amino!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Glutamine wont do much for recovery so no need to seek this out specifically.
I wouldn't even buy bulk glutamine.
you know, I see this a lot around the boards..i don't have intentions to pull your posts out directly, but just to summarize what seems to be a common stance among some

while I agree that glutamine has been bastardized to great extent over the yrs, I think things are getting a bit carried away in the opposite direction here..

fact is:
much like creatine is (and has been for yrs) the #1 selling muscle-building product on the market, so too has glutamine been the #1 seller for yrs in the segment of recovery

I don't find glutamine to be worthless, at all

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
you know, I see this a lot around the boards..i don't have intentions to pull your posts out directly, but just to summarize what seems to be a common stance among some while I agree that glutamine has been bastardized to great extent over the yrs, I think things are getting a bit carried away in the opposite direction here.. fact is: much like creatine is (and has been for yrs) the #1 selling muscle-building product on the market, so too has glutamine been the #1 seller for yrs in the segment of recovery I don't find glutamine to be worthless, at all
i agree....it doesn't hurt to take it so why not? i mean i wouldnt stay away from a product just cause it has glutamine and you think it does nothing for you. i mean i even if it did do nothing for you that's fine you'll just piss it out. btw i use ajinomoto ibcaa. a little overpriced but whatever i like the taste and sure that it works.

symbianblack

Awards
Amino IV Cherry Limeaide is amazing.

Purple Wraath gets some love for how long it has been around and how consistent it is.

Can't go wrong with either.
Ive used Purple Wraath back in 2008-9 and it was amazing. I've also used Modern BCAA and that also brought great results. The only thing that may keep people from buying purple is from what I seen was the price over the other BCAA products

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive used Purple Wraath back in 2008-9 and it was amazing. I've also used Modern BCAA and that also brought great results. The only thing that may keep people from buying purple is from what I seen was the price over the other BCAA products
Purple isn't just a BCAA product though. Beta Alanine, Betaine, EAA's, Citrulline, etc.

If you're comparing that to solely a BCAA product then it isn't a far comparison.

I liked Modern BCAA, but the foaming is ridiculous with that product.

symbianblack

Awards
Purple isn't just a BCAA product though. Beta Alanine, Betaine, EAA's, Citrulline, etc.

If you're comparing that to solely a BCAA product then it isn't a far comparison.

Foaming? I never had any of that. I also never bought the flavored kind I always got the unflavored. But they dont sell the unflavored powder anymore from what I can see

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I always use AT LEAST 12oz of water per scoop. Anything less will result in some foam but nothing a bit more water won't fix.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Lots of Amino IV love in here.
(=

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My favorite BCAA product.... Millennium Sports RPG w/ Ajipure Aminos

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 0
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Total Carbohydrates 0g 0%
Sugar 0g
Protein 0g 0%

R.P.G. Ajipure IBCAA 2:1:1 5000g **
L-Leucine 2,500mg **
L-Isoleucine 1,250mg **
L-Valine 1,250mg **
L-Glutamine (100% Ajipure) 2500mg **
EAA Complete Recovery Blend:

L-Lysine, L-Arginine, L-Histidine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tryptophan

1000mg **
RecvoORAC Matrix:

Propietary Antioxidant blend of: Dark Cherry Powder, N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), Orotic Acid,
Acerola Berry Powder, Blueberry Juice Powder

1000mg **

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Foaming? I never had any of that. I also never bought the flavored kind I always got the unflavored. But they dont sell the unflavored powder anymore from what I can see
This is true. Modern bcaa foams on me hardcore, not as bad with tons of water, but quite annoying.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I wouldn't mind just plain leucine pre-fasted workout... but for intra... something with a good dose of L-Alanine.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hi,

Thanks!
Why? Glutamine is 100% Bunk and a waste

Stick to products like:
Amino IV
Alpha Amino or Cor BCAA
Omega Sports Strive
Xtend
Core ABC

These are some solid intra-workout/BCAA products

how are you dosing them?? Are you training fasted or dosing between meals 4-6 hours apart? If not then you dont even really need one because those are the most optimal ways to dose BCAA's because you will most likely have food overlap from your pre-workout meal (into the post-workout period) if training fed

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17111006
"The addition of glutamine to a CHO + EAA beverage had no effect on post-exercise muscle glycogen resynthesis or muscle protein synthesis, but may suppress a rise in whole-body proteolysis during the later stages of recovery."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11822473
We conclude that glutamine supplementation during resistance training has no significant effect on muscle performance, body composition or muscle protein degradation in young healthy adults.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11834123
There were no differences in the average number of maximal repetitions performed in the leg press or bench press exercises among the 3 groups. These data indicate that the short-term ingestion of glutamine does not enhance weightlifting performance in resistance-trained men.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10410846
Research with metabolic by-products of amino acid metabolism is in its infancy, and current research findings are equivocal relative to ergogenic applications. In general, physically active individuals are advised to obtain necessary amino acids through consumption of natural, high-quality protein foods.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12183472
It is concluded that, although the glutamine hypothesis may explain immunodepression related to other stressful conditions such as trauma and burn, plasma glutamine concentration is not likely to play a mechanistic role in exercise-induced immunodepression

With the exception of supplemental glutamine's beneficial role in gastrointestinal disorders (and general gut health), sepsis, and for the recovery from trauma and or surgery.... there's not much sense in administering a product that is very much limited in it's availability for physiological uptake, due to the fact that it's endogenous levels (prior to supplementation) are double the concentration of any other amino acid within the human body (1). Besides.... it's already synthesised within the body in large amounts, found in food, and found in significant amounts within a protein shake.

Endogenous glutamine plays a detrimental role in physiological homeostasis. It plays an equally important role in immune system functions, and most of the glutamine that is utilized for this purpose is naturally synthesized in vivo, and is supplied by the plasma glutamine. In healthy adults, the standard reference ranges for plasma glutamine are around 500-1000 mol/L (2), and do not require supplementation to maintain those figures.

Supplemental glutamine would only benefit us if our intracellular muscle glutamine concentrations were depleted. There are numerous studies that indicate no intracellular muscle glutamine depletion whatsoever following extensive exercise, but even if we do experience some glutamine attenuation.... we are still producing it within us, and getting it through our diet.

In healthy adults, dietary consumption of glutamine has been estimated to be around 5 grams per day (3). Foods such as meat, fish, dairy products, eggs, beans, cabbage, spinach, parsley, beets, ect. are all common sources. A single 3-oz serving of meat contains around 3-4 grams of glutamine. (4)

Now let's add on top of all that, the fact that an average 50 gram protein shake, there's about 4.5+ grams of glutamine. So for a 150 lb individual at only 2 protein shakes a day, that's around 9-10 grams of supplemental glutamine.

So for those of you that feel that glutamine is worth supplementing, we're looking at a minimum of around 15+ grams of glutamine intake per day, in addition to what is being produced endogenously.... Do you really think we need more?

http://jap.physiology.org/content/93/3/813.full
http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/132/9/2580.pdf
http://gut.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/45/1/6

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
i agree....it doesn't hurt to take it so why not? i mean i wouldnt stay away from a product just cause it has glutamine and you think it does nothing for you. i mean i even if it did do nothing for you that's fine you'll just piss it out. btw i use ajinomoto ibcaa. a little overpriced but whatever i like the taste and sure that it works.
It hurts because it hampers lipid metabolism and counts as "protein" calories while acting as a non-essential amino acid. So it's a waste of dietary calories, money, and in the long run, health

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
It hurts because it hampers lipid metabolism and counts as "protein" calories while acting as a non-essential amino acid. So it's a waste of dietary calories, money, and in the long run, health
This sums it up pretty well

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
While I generally do not purchase a BCAA product, the BCS labs BCAA product looks pretty solid IMO:

Aminoxcel.jpg

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
besides compete and recoverpro....humapro powder was also good intraworkout

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
"hampers lipid metabolism" .. how so?

as for the "counts as protein calories" - what does this even mean?
are you referring to your own practice of counting amino acids as your caloric intake, or something else?
i have not ever "counted" any calories from supplemental amino acids towards my caloric allotment, actually find the idea pretty silly personally..

i really do not see any fundamental or legitimate reasoning behind any anti-glutamine stance..seems like some ppl are trying too hard to discredit this amino, for whatever reason

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Old myths die hard. Lot of money was made peddling the importance of Glutamine and you can find many old articles still talking about its importance so the myth continues.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Old myths die hard. Lot of money was made peddling the importance of Glutamine and you can find many old articles still talking about its importance so the myth continues.
so glutamine is an industry conspiracy then....huh
do you believe the CIA (and not lee Harvey Oswald) really shot JFK, too?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so glutamine is an industry conspiracy then....huh
do you believe the CIA (and not lee Harvey Oswald) really shot JFK, too?
I didn't say that. It's benefits were greatly exaggerated and the reasons why have already been pointed out. Once something gets established as truth in this industry it takes a long time for it to get fixed if the industry got it wrong. Numerous examples of this.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I didn't say that. It's benefits were greatly exaggerated and the reasons why have already been pointed out. Once something gets established as truth in this industry it takes a long time for it to get fixed if the industry got it wrong. Numerous examples of this.
fair enough
exaggerated? perhaps..detrimental tho? no
i still see some usefulness here, as do the many anecdotal accounts of those who state it increases their recovery
say what you will about anecdotal feedback, but it is very hard to quantify "recovery" in a controlled scientific setting no matter what parameters you are using....the mass anecdotal evidence in this instance may be worthwhile

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
I think The Solution posted a very good response to this now Glutamine debate lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
"hampers lipid metabolism" .. how so?

as for the "counts as protein calories" - what does this even mean?
are you referring to your own practice of counting amino acids as your caloric intake, or something else?
i have not ever "counted" any calories from supplemental amino acids towards my caloric allotment, actually find the idea pretty silly personally..

i really do not see any fundamental or legitimate reasoning behind any anti-glutamine stance..seems like some ppl are trying too hard to discredit this amino, for whatever reason
Google "mr.cooper69 glutamine anabolicminds" or some variation thereof. I can only reinvent the wheel so many times

BodyBuilderX

Awards
I like Xtend. BSN Amino X is alright also.