Quick HyperMax Review

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
I apologize if this isn't proper protocol for product reviews but I couldn't find HyperMax by Performax Labs in the review section yet. I bought a tub of fruit punch HyperMax & wanted to give a quick review my initial experience (only used it one day)...

Taste: 2/10

I have to be honest...the fruit punch tastes like Pepto Bismal...I had a tough time getting it down...

I took one scoop in about 8oz of water approx 30 minutes prior to getting to the gym.

Time Until Effect: 10/10

Like most PWO, I took HyperMax approximately 30 minutes before my workout. Well it kicked in in about 5 minutes!!! YMMV but I'd suggest taking it when you get to the gym or in your car before entering! It does act fast based on my experience.

Focus: 10/10

I had complete tunnel vision during my workout & very focused on every rep & every exercise. Sometimes my eyes/mind wanders when I train but today (doing back) I was totally into each exercise. Yet in between sets I could "relax" my mind then regroup for the next set.

Energy: 9/10

I really had to force myself to stop my workout! I could have kept going!!! That's why the 9/10...based on my experience it COULD lead to over-training. Each rep felt like the first rep & I had energy to burn....definitely kept me going for my 60 minute back workout...

After-effect: 10/10

It's been 2 1/2 hours since I left the gym & I have not crashed at all. I will know for sure once I try to sleep tonight (around 10:30pm)

Overall, HyperMax does what it claims...it provides, energy, focus without the crash...the only improvement I'd suggest is the fruit punch flavor.

I hope this review is helpful & not over stepping my bounds...

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I apologize if this isn't proper protocol for product reviews but I couldn't find HyperMax by Performax Labs in the review section yet. I bought a tub of fruit punch HyperMax & wanted to give a quick review my initial experience (only used it one day)...

Taste: 2/10

I have to be honest...the fruit punch tastes like Pepto Bismal...I had a tough time getting it down...

I took one scoop in about 8oz of water approx 30 minutes prior to getting to the gym.

Time Until Effect: 10/10

Like most PWO, I took HyperMax approximately 30 minutes before my workout. Well it kicked in in about 5 minutes!!! YMMV but I'd suggest taking it when you get to the gym or in your car before entering! It does act fast based on my experience.

Focus: 10/10

I had complete tunnel vision during my workout & very focused on every rep & every exercise. Sometimes my eyes/mind wanders when I train but today (doing back) I was totally into each exercise. Yet in between sets I could "relax" my mind then regroup for the next set.

Energy: 9/10

I really had to force myself to stop my workout! I could have kept going!!! That's why the 9/10...based on my experience it COULD lead to over-training. Each rep felt like the first rep & I had energy to burn....definitely kept me going for my 60 minute back workout...

After-effect: 10/10

It's been 2 1/2 hours since I left the gym & I have not crashed at all. I will know for sure once I try to sleep tonight (around 10:30pm)

Overall, HyperMax does what it claims...it provides, energy, focus without the crash...the only improvement I'd suggest is the fruit punch flavor.

I hope this review is helpful & not over stepping my bounds...
Thanks for the honest feedback. I can't comment on flavor personally, I have not tried Hypermax yet. Glad to see it was so effective at 1 scoop. As soon as hypermax gets added to review area, I'm sure a mod can move it for you.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback! We'll look into getting it into the review section ASAP. As far as taste goes, I took 1 scoop yesterday in 8 ounces of water and loved the taste, lol. Different strokes! I even texted the bossman after taking it how much I liked the taste. Glad that everything else was on point for you

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Makes me excited for my sample to get here!!! Minus the taste lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for your honest feedback. I have not had the opportunity to try Hypermax yet, so I cannot comment on the flavor. I am pretty impressed with reading how it treated you otherwise, especially with a single scoop.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Great, honest feedback. Taste is always a subjective matter, but in terms of efficacy as a pre-workout...seems like it treated you well. Thanks for the review, looking forward to more!

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Today was my 2nd day using HyperMax...taste hasn't changed for me...LOL...It's definitely not my favorite part of taking it! It has a chemical taste to it...maybe I got a bad batch? I started drinking it 15 minutes before my workout & finished it in the gym parking lot. I trained arms today & again I was very focused & each rep was intense. However the pump didn't seem as strong today. I had my usually PWO meal (tbsp peanut butter & 2 small slices of cantaloupe...plus 2 forskolin & 1 Erase pill).....during my workout I drink Xtend Intra BCAA's...

Many of my lifts were at higher weights (dumbbell curls 3 sets 60lbs x 7 reps (total of 6 sets since I did 30's, 40's & 50's prior...barbell curls 125lbs 4 sets....triceps...Life Fitness Seated Dip machine 270lbs 3 sets 10 reps). I've don't these weights before but either the reps or sets were higher this time...I did a total of 32 sets between biceps & triceps...a little higher than normal...for approx 60 minutes

Overall it was an intense workout. Plus last night I slept well so taking it in the afternoon (3pm) did not affect sleep or relaxation...You guys got the profile right on...just get some beta testers on flavors! LOL

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like its working great for you! Would you consider your self more stim tolerant or more of a stim sensitive user? Also did you use just 1 scoop again?

Try and experiment with different amounts of water. I've mixed it with a certain amount on thought it tasted great then tried a different amount and didnt think it was nearly as good so try some different amounts, 6oz, 8oz, 10oz etc.

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Sounds like its working great for you! Would you consider your self more stim tolerant or more of a stim sensitive user? Also did you use just 1 scoop again?

Try and experiment with different amounts of water. I've mixed it with a certain amount on thought it tasted great then tried a different amount and didnt think it was nearly as good so try some different amounts, 6oz, 8oz, 10oz etc.
I drink a bunch of caffeine daily (2 cups of coffee in the morning, mix caffeine in my midday DIY concoction...DAA, TMG, creatine, ALCAR, beta alanine, caffeine, crystal light lemonade...then whatever PWO I use before I hit the gym....I have used Jacked3D (that one made me jittery), SuperPump Max, NO Explode & C4...so I'd say I fairly tolerant of stims. as for water in the HyperMax...I have a 20oz Blender Bottle that I use & put at least 16oz od water in it before adding 1 scoop of HyperMax. I like the smaller shaker bottles because they fit in my lunch cooler perfectly (along with my Blender Bottle GoStak containers with all my powders)...but I'd say 16oz should be plenty to dilute a preworkout...I'll be honest, I don't know if there are other flavors available, but I'd be reluctant to try them without a sample first. ALCAR is bad enough to choke down! LOL (NO HyperMax is nowhere near as bad as ALCAR!!!)

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yea i think your adding just waay to much water, try 6-8oz of cold water.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nope, it will be much sweeter and you likely wont taste any chemical or atleast as much chemical taste. when you water it down you dont get as much sweetness or tartness to mask certain flavors.

Any more details on the feeling of the product, pretty unique?

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Nope, it will be much sweeter and you likely wont taste any chemical or atleast as much chemical taste. when you water it down you dont get as much sweetness or tartness to mask certain flavors.

Any more details on the feeling of the product, pretty unique?
I'll try less water tomorrow to see how it tastes....as for the product...of all the PWO's I have tried before my 2 favs are C4 & Superpump Max. Superpump doesn't have stims I believe...but the pumps were great. C4 is my current fav & I'd say if you remove the taste, HYperMax is up there with that. I have some FitMax that I got when I took advantage of the AlphaMAx/FitMax deal Island Supplements had a few weeks ago...but I haven't tried it yet. But I hear it is less powerful than HyperMax?

I do like the effect of HyperMax even though it has only been 2 days...no jitters, good focus & pumps are decent. I probably should go stim free for a week or 2 and try HyperMax again to see how it hits me....but I NEED my stims daily!!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you dose at 2 scoops, you'll get 1 gram of agmatine which could intensify your pump, but if you are feeling good on a single scoop, I probably wouldn't go for a double. Also, depending on how you train, that can effect the pump. On my heavy days, 3-5 and 6-8 reps at 3-5 and 2-3 minutes rest periods, my pumps are not that great, even with a pre workout supplement. On my hypertrophy days, reps 8-12 and 60-90 seconds rest, my pumps are very good. If you squeeze the weight and control it will affect your pump as well.

Fitmax is weaker than Hypermax. It is geared more towards focus and provides a thermo effect while Hypermax is more of your traditional pre workout.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get same way with pumps. High reps blow me up like crazy.

I'm curious what 1 scoop HyperMax, 1 scoop Fitmax would be like lol

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would work your way to 2 scoops and not jump to it, the difference between 1 and 2 scoops is night and day

How many scoops of c4 do you take

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
I would work your way to 2 scoops and not jump to it, the difference between 1 and 2 scoops is night and day
Maybe but if I have to take 2 servings to get the same effect of 1 serving of C4 I might as well stick with C4....more cost effective. Now don't forget...it's only been 2 days on Hypermax. The first day I had a great pump training back...which was VERY heavy T-Bar Rows (but still doing 10-12 reps) along with other heavy exercises. Today was also heavy with arms. There was a pump just not as strong. There are many factors that could cause the difference...body temp, blood pressure, intensity or workout, length of rest between sets, etc...don't forget this is just my preliminary review of HyperMax...it will take a few weeks for me to really get a handle on what it can do for me. Focus is the main thing along with energy...and it has given that so far. But I wish I could do a side by side comparison with C4...do the same workout with each PWO & log the effects...but I'm not that motivated LOL!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Maybe but if I have to take 2 servings to get the same effect of 1 serving of C4 I might as well stick with C4....more cost effective. Now don't forget...it's only been 2 days on Hypermax. The first day I had a great pump training back...which was VERY heavy T-Bar Rows (but still doing 10-12 reps) along with other heavy exercises. Today was also heavy with arms. There was a pump just not as strong. There are many factors that could cause the difference...body temp, blood pressure, intensity or workout, length of rest between sets, etc...don't forget this is just my preliminary review of HyperMax...it will take a few weeks for me to really get a handle on what it can do for me. Focus is the main thing along with energy...and it has given that so far. But I wish I could do a side by side comparison with C4...do the same workout with each PWO & log the effects...but I'm not that motivated LOL!
I was not suggesting you need 2 scoops of hypermax to equal 1 scoop of c4, not even close, i doubt many people can handle a full 2 scoops, stuff is strong! I was referring to ANTs post about 2 scoops, i just wanted to make sure if you do move up, move up slow, because again the difference between 1 and 2 scoops is night and day!

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
OK guys...I tried 4oz of water this time & the flavor just keeps getting worse!!! I'm sorry but this stuff tastes BAD! I MUST have a bad batch if others say theirs tastes good because I can't see how ANYONE can like the taste of this! I hate to be this honest but this tastes NOTHING like fruit punch. I'll even offer to send a couple servings to a Performax rep to compare what I have to theirs. I would also like to taste any sample from someone who says their Hypermax tastes good. I honestly believe this is a quality control issue...I purchased mine from NutraPlanet so maybe we can compare any batch numbers to see if a bad batch was released...as of now I am going to have to see if NutraPlanet will refund my money because I won't be able to finish this container...Sorry guys!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We recommend 6-8oz per scoop, i believe you commented you tried 16oz and then this last tim 4oz?

Plenty of other people say theres taste great.

A review was just posted using 1 scoop is 8oz of cold water and said it tasted much better with 8oz then with 10oz. I know you mentioned mixing it with 16oz of water, and then this time was 4oz? have you tied 6-8oz?

I can assure you there is no quality control issue, however you may just be extremely sensitive to this flavor.

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
We recommend 6-8oz per scoop, i believe you commented you tried 16oz and then this last tim 4oz?

Plenty of other people say theres taste great.

A review was just posted using 1 scoop is 8oz of cold water and said it tasted much better with 8oz then with 10oz. I know you mentioned mixing it with 16oz of water, and then this time was 4oz? have you tied 6-8oz?

I can assure you there is no quality control issue, however you may just be extremely sensitive to this flavor.
PLease re-read what I JUST wrote...I tried again with 6oz of water...and the taste got worse. I'm not about to try 4oz as was recommended but one of the other reps I like the product but the taste is bad. LIke I also mentioned I'd be more than happy to send some samples of my batch to a rep to try...chemical taste is bad & taste like Petmol Bismol....I am sorry you don't like my review but it's honest...

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
OK...just to make sure I don't get accused of not following the directions I JUST tried it with 7oz of water and I am SORRY but it's not a fruit punch taste. I'm not trying to start trouble or piss anyone off. I am NOT sensitive to the flavor since I have tried MANY fruit punch products...I am just being honest. I did chest today and the pump was as it was the first time I tried it. I am happy that others like the taste. But I would hope that company reps would understand that SOME people just won't like their product. I WANT HyperMax to taste good because I like how it works.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Mike i am not trying to discredit you opinion of the taste, we were just trying to hopefully help find an amount of water that may make the flavor taste better for you.

There are plenty of people who do enjoy this flavor, on the other hand there are a few who don't enjoy it at all, flavors tend to be very subjective as we can tell.

Good news! HyperMax already has a second flavor ready to go, and i can whole heartily say this will taste amazing. Now this flavor is more obscure and not your average fruit punch, grape, lemonade flavor so because of that we chose to launch it second. When it does launch i will personally send you 5-10 scoops so you can thoroughly review the new flavor!!

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Mike i am not trying to discredit you opinion of the taste, we were just trying to hopefully help find an amount of water that may make the flavor taste better for you.

There are plenty of people who do enjoy this flavor, on the other hand there are a few who don't enjoy it at all, flavors tend to be very subjective as we can tell.

Good news! HyperMax already has a second flavor ready to go, and i can whole heartily say this will taste amazing. Now this flavor is more obscure and not your average fruit punch, grape, lemonade flavor so because of that we chose to launch it second. When it does launch i will personally send you 5-10 scoops so you can thoroughly review the new flavor!!
THANK YOU!!! That's how you keep customers! LOL And sorry if you took my last post as negative. I am a very direct & honest person...which I do know in text form can be taken as argumentative...but I feel honest reviews are lacking on MANY products...not just sups....Amazon is LOADED with people who get paid to do reviews. Unfortunately there is no way to police it. I refuse to kiss anyone's a$$...but at the same time, when I like a product and/or get good customer service I will promote that company EVERYWHERE...

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Np, we really apprecaited your review, sounds like the product really did what it was suppose to and worked well for you. Once this second flavor comes out youll be a happy camper!

Warthog13

Awards
Today was my 2nd day using HyperMax...taste hasn't changed for me...LOL...It's definitely not my favorite part of taking it!
FWIW, for the supps I use that have a taste I don't care for using water, I use a similar tasting PowerAde Zero to mix in the supplement. That usually goes a long way to helping make it more palatable.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FWIW, for the supps I use that have a taste I don't care for using water, I use a similar tasting PowerAde Zero to mix in the supplement. That usually goes a long way to helping make it more palatable.
That is actually a clever idea, I have never thought of that.