Curcumin - Longvida vs Meriva

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by jarrellt67 View Post
    I've never used theracumin or curcuwin. However, for the other 3 my rankings are as follows:

Anti-Inflammatory Effects (for me, lower back pain) - from best to worst
    1. BCM-95
    2. Meriva
    3. Longvida

Mental/Nootropic Effects (for me, antidepressant/mood benefits) - from best to worst
    1. Longvida
    2. BCM-95
    3. Meriva

I realize this post is old but lím conflicted while doing my research to determine the best supplement for me. I have a variety of inflammatory issues: GI, depression, lower back, arthritis and most recently inflamed cartilage in my ribs. My family has a history of Parkinsonís and Alzheimerís. Iím hoping to effect both brain and general inflammation. Is it ok to take two types of Curcumin? Thinking both Longvida and BCM-95?

2. Quote Originally Posted by JWCo View Post
    I realize this post is old but lím conflicted while doing my research to determine the best supplement for me. I have a variety of inflammatory issues: GI, depression, lower back, arthritis and most recently inflamed cartilage in my ribs. My family has a history of Parkinsonís and Alzheimerís. Iím hoping to effect both brain and general inflammation. Is it ok to take two types of Curcumin? Thinking both Longvida and BCM-95?
    I know I'm not the person you were quoting; however, if I were you, I would use longvida along with whole plant turmeric and piperine
    •   

3. Appreciate your insights and makes sense. I haven’t heard anything very positive about supplementing with Piperine though?

4. I just ordered a wide spectrum of curcumin. BCM-95, CurcuWin, Curcumin Phytozome and Longvida. Going to see if it really does what is claimed...
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.
    Try Rise and Swell, the most advanced testosterone booster on the market!
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...nd-and-muscle/

5. Quote Originally Posted by JWCo View Post
    I realize this post is old but l’m conflicted while doing my research to determine the best supplement for me. I have a variety of inflammatory issues: GI, depression, lower back, arthritis and most recently inflamed cartilage in my ribs. My family has a history of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. I’m hoping to effect both brain and general inflammation. Is it ok to take two types of Curcumin? Thinking both Longvida and BCM-95?
    I don’t know why there would be any issues with taking both but maybe others could chime in if they do. If using two types, then I'd use the two you mentioned. However, that's just personal preference based on my experience. As an alternative you could combine longvida curcumin with another anti-inflammatory substance like boswellia.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by JWCo View Post
    Appreciate your insights and makes sense. I havenít heard anything very positive about supplementing with Piperine though?
    Piperine is to increase absorption. Nothing else really.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jarrellt67 View Post
    I donít know why there would be any issues with taking both but maybe others could chime in if they do. If using two types, then I'd use the two you mentioned. However, that's just personal preference based on my experience. As an alternative you could combine longvida curcumin with another anti-inflammatory substance like boswellia.
    Boswellia could make his GI issues worse.

8. Thanks for the info. I’m going to start with Longvida and give it a month to see how I feel. I think by starting with just one I can better judge how to attribute the results.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 05:38 AM
  2. Ergopharm vs. IDC
    By true_c in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 09:14 AM
  3. Formasin vs. 6-oxo
    By scotty2 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 09:32 PM