Antaeus Labs Achilles 2.0

sina

Banned
Awards
Key improvements:

- The dose of Heteropterys Aphrodisiaca has been increased to 1200mg/day. H. aphrodisiaca has been described as “a potential aid to optimize tendon remodeling [strengthening] in athletes.”
- The amount of Cissus Quadrangularis extract has been doubled to 2g/day. This should eliminate the need for users to “double up” by adding a separate Cissus supplement.
- The Kirenol content has been increased substantially to approximately 27mg/day. Kirenol is a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic compound.
~
β-Boswellic acid
- We’ve added Boswellia Serrata extract, standardized to 60% boswellic acid triterpenes. Boswellic acids are found naturally in frankincense (the gift of the Magi), have been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine, and have recently attracted attention as potential treatments in chronic inflammatory conditions.
- Achilles still contains the same effective dose of palmitoylethanolamide (PEA), the naturally-occurring pain-modulating and anti-inflammatory fatty acid.

Source: Antaeus Labs: Achilles Upgrade

sina

Banned
Awards
I love this product... However it just seems from the regular Achilles they just upgraded minor things such like

4 caps original Achilles contained:
1. Heteropterys Aphrodisiaca Extract 1000mg
2. Cissus Quad. 1000mg

So guessing just a extra 200mg on Heteropterys Aphrodisiaca Extract and 2 grams of Cissus?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interested in giving this a shot as my joints have seen better days. Timeline?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nutraplanet's label, or my label, does not reflect 2g of Cissus, only 1g.

It's also 180 caps, not 120, so that's good.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just guessed seeing the blog entry was from December 2013.
I figured that too when I read the OP but checked the labels. Maybe I've been having older lots.

Still a good product though.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dunno but I pop a couple Cissus XT to fulfill the typical dosage of Cissus anyways.

Reactions: mw1

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What % Cissus is used?
Unextracted I believe.Honestly, all improvements are great. I will continue to use this product...when it goes on those killer NP sales :DThanks for the aware sina

sina

Banned
Awards
You're welcome bro..

Also apparently they will increase it to 180 caps in a bottle instead of 120.. Wish they do 240 capsules :)

This coupled with SNS Cissus-XT dosed at 6 grams Cissus would be nice!

Unextracted I believe.Honestly, all improvements are great. I will continue to use this product...when it goes on those killer NP sales :DThanks for the aware sina

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Better cissus extract is all that's missing.

I get 1800mg at a 40:1 extract right now.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Better cissus extract is all that's missing.I get 1800mg at a 40:1 extract right now.
40:1 doesn't mean anything in the context of cissus since we don't know the bioactive that's needed for joint support...

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
40:1 doesn't mean anything in the context of cissus since we don't know the bioactive that's needed for joint support...
It makes me feel better. Your science is no match for my placebo.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It makes me feel better. Your science is no match for my placebo.
Well I'm sure it works lol, I'm just saying don't go out of your way or pay more for a "40:1" extract when a regular one will do the same thing

sina

Banned
Awards
I would agree...

Taken SNS Cissus XT being 5% Ketosteroid compared to 20-30% Primaforce Cissus or Super Cissus RX I felt the effects better with CNS dosed lower than mega-dosing prima force/ super cissus.

What would you guys couple/stack with Achilles Tendon...

I think the 5% and 10% have consistently produced better results than the 20-40%

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I think the 5% and 10% have consistently produced better results than the 20-40%
Yeah, I'm saying 40:1 isn't even 40%. It's essentially saying it is concentrated 40 times for a certain active...but since we don't know the active, it's silly

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, the question is what version is up on NP?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't believe so because the label directions remain the same as the 120 count.
So bizarre. Well, at least the bottle would last an entire month with 6/day dosing.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ordered mine just over a month ago and it was the old version, except 180 caps.
How do you know it was the old version though?. Did you compare it to what is suppose to be in the new version?. Seems strange it would be 180 cap but not be the new version.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you know it was the old version though?. Did you compare it to what is suppose to be in the new version?. Seems strange it would be 180 cap but not be the new version.
I'm saying what I've recieved is not the new ingredient profile on my bottle. I've been ordering Achilies periodically over the last 6 months, each bottle labled 180 caps, with the same dosing instructions and same ingredient profile as the label posted on Nutraplanet's website. I emailed Nutraplanet in regards to it and never got anything back.

If it were the new profile, wouldn't either the label or dosing directions be changed?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm saying what I've recieved is not the new ingredient profile on my bottle. I've been ordering Achilies periodically over the last 6 months, each bottle labled 180 caps, with the same dosing instructions and same ingredient profile as the label posted on Nutraplanet's website. I emailed Nutraplanet in regards to it and never got anything back.If it were the new profile, wouldn't either the label or dosing directions be changed?
I would think so, maybe a AL rep could help you out.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great to see boswellia in the mix, my personal favorite joint support ingredient.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
To clarify things, there should only be two versions.

Old version:

Current version:

If you have a 180 count bottle, it should have the current formula above.

TGB1987

TGB1987

Awards
  • Established
Yes the new version can be found at TGB supplements.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
I believe all Achilles questions in this thread have been answered but feel free to post any more questions.

I also wouldn't put much sake into the percentage as far as the cissus extract as anecdotally it seems to be a worthless measure. I have tried a few different cissus extracts and I noticed different results without much correlation in extract strength, so it likely seems to be linked to the quality of the raws. Fortunately, Antaeus Labs quality control is absolutely wonderful, so you know you're always getting a quality product. I would always go to trusted brands like Antaeus Labs and SNS when it comes to cissus products.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I got v2.0 -- wonderful stuff
of course, I thought v1.0 was just dandy too..

huge fan, great product
keeping nailing things, AL!

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
Sorry to bump this thread but what's is the current version of achilles ? on nutraplanet I see 200mg of cissus per caps, on strongsupp I see 333mg

The current version is 180 caps ? any link to the real label would be nice

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to bump this thread but what's is the current version of achilles ? on nutraplanet I see 200mg of cissus per caps, on strongsupp I see 333mg

I believe this is the correct label for the current version:

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
You're a rep and you " believe " this is the current version ?

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
Correct on both counts.
Thanks.

Lol...he is a lot more than just a rep. I suggest google....

Show some respect;)
Who are you to say " show some respect ". I was not disrespectful, I was asking if he is sure about his answer or not, as a rep he should be able to tell me which one is the current version.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
As a rep he should be able to tell me which one is the current version.
I should, but unfortunately I can't right now. I'll have a definitive answer for you tomorrow though. We'll have to check the batch records, as it may have changed (e.g. due to cap space) since I was last informed.

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
I should, but unfortunately I can't right now. I'll have a definitive answer for you tomorrow though. We'll have to check the batch records, as it may have changed (e.g. due to cap space) since I was last informed.
Thanks men, and don't take what I say in the wrong way. Most people here are grown men acting like little girls trying to start drama in every thread

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks.

Who are you to say " show some respect ". I was not disrespectful, I was asking if he is sure about his answer or not, as a rep he should be able to tell me which one is the current version.
Lol....I was joking...hence lol and ;)

henryv

Awards
  • Established

The most recent batch has 200mg of cissus. Nutraplanet's listing is correct. Sorry for the confusion.

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
The most recent batch has 200mg of cissus. Nutraplanet's listing is correct. Sorry for the confusion.
So why doing a updated with 2gr of cissus to have 1,2gr at the end?