Pregnenolone long-term use...safe?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    You don't take it for test reasons, you take it for recovery and rest. This can have a direct effect on test levels as sleep is one of the biggest culprits of lowered test.

But, I am confused. What does ZMA, remembering if you had anxiety, and pregnenolone have to do with one another?
    I think he was referring to your comment to check his mag levels for anxiety purposes (he took ZMA but didn't think to monitor his anxiety when he took it as he didn't realize mag could impact anxiety).

Dude, you have lots of great info about under-appreciated supps. Between this thread and an ashwagandha thread awhile ago, you have really helped me a lot with your info (and probably others as well). FYI after trying sensoril I actually had better sedative results from the NOW ash for some reason and I have switched back to that. Weird, but I didn't question it and went back to what worked the best.

2. Regarding preg, for some reason it seems to work best for me just taking it a couple of days a week. I took it several days in a row and stopped getting much from it. Then I took several days off and took it upon waking for my 12-hour day today and WOW. Between that and rhodiola (1g bulk powder), all day energy with almost no stims (75 mg from my green supplement first thing AM and a cup of milk tea with lunch and that actually felt like more of a kick than I wanted).

And my wife is STILL not bitchy at all and is thrilled to be feeling great and in better control of her emotions. She is taking it daily, so I guess she has more of a need for it than I do.

Best 10 bucks I ever spent
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Dude, you have lots of great info about under-appreciated supps. Between this thread and an ashwagandha thread awhile ago, you have really helped me a lot with your info (and probably others as well). FYI after trying sensoril I actually had better sedative results from the NOW ash for some reason and I have switched back to that. Weird, but I didn't question it and went back to what worked the best.
    That's awesome, man, I appreciate that feedback. I am kind of a weirdo with how much I research and investigate things, and I tend to learn about things that kind of fly under the radar. Glad to be of any assistance.

4. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Regarding preg, for some reason it seems to work best for me just taking it a couple of days a week. I took it several days in a row and stopped getting much from it. Then I took several days off and took it upon waking for my 12-hour day today and WOW. Between that and rhodiola (1g bulk powder), all day energy with almost no stims (75 mg from my green supplement first thing AM and a cup of milk tea with lunch and that actually felt like more of a kick than I wanted).

And my wife is STILL not bitchy at all and is thrilled to be feeling great and in better control of her emotions. She is taking it daily, so I guess she has more of a need for it than I do.

Best 10 bucks I ever spent
    That is great. I tend to be like you with preg and eod seems to work best. Lately I have been under heavy stress at work and find that taking it every day is helping cope and not be bogged down mentally. I'll end up going back to eod soon, though.

About your wife- isn't it the greatest thing in the world? We are lucky to have wives that are open to learning more about this and not shutting down or just wanting to mask things with a script.

5. I have to say, pregnenolone and rhodiola are a great combo. Talk about a lot of energy, good mood and focus.
    •   

6. Has anyone tried the micronized lipid matrix tablets (sustained release)? I'm curious as to how it compares to sublingual and transdermal.

7. another option is dermacrine....transdermals have always worked better for me than sublinguals, and dermacrine contains both preg and dhea + the estrogen balancers trans-resveratrol and 7,8-benzoflavone.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

8. For those that use (or have used) both pregnenolone and Ashwagandha - have you noticed a reduction in Ashwagandha's calming effects? I recently read that pregnenolone may inhibit or block the GABA receptor.

9. No, I use them together and love it. I have not noticed any reduction in the calming ability.

10. Started taking 50 mg/day of pregnenolone as a slow release, micronized tablet and so far like it more than sublingual tablets. The focus, energy and mood benefits seem to last all day for me (versus the sublingual tablets which tended to fade in the early afternoon).

11. What brand for those looking for something like that?

12. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    What brand for those looking for something like that?
    I bought Mcpherson Labs brand. It seemed to be the most recommended on various sites (it's also pharmaceutical grade). I've read Nutricology might be a good (and cheaper) alternative.

13. Well, it appears the McPherson Labs 50mg tablet (which is the only dosage they sell) is a little too much for me. I started getting acne pretty bad a couple days ago. I've also noticed that while my sleep has greatly improved, it's almost too good. I have trouble waking up in the morning and am really groggy for a little while. However, I still really like the slow release action since the energy and mood benefits are very steady for me. Unfortunately, based on information provided by McPherson, their tablets can't be split without losing the slow release action. So, I'm going to order the Nutricology micronized lipid matrix, slow release tablets. Their lowest dosage tablet is also 50 mg but it's scored. So, it can be split without losing the time release action.

14. The switch to micronized lipid matrix tablets was a failed experiment. I kept decreasing the dose but still had problems with waking up in the morning and feeling tired/groggy most of the day. I'm not sure why I had better energy and mood benefits at the beginning (placebo?). Well, back to sublingual tablets. They seem to be the best way to go.

15. Quote Originally Posted by jarrellt67 View Post
    The switch to micronized lipid matrix tablets was a failed experiment. I kept decreasing the dose but still had problems with waking up in the morning and feeling tired/groggy most of the day. I'm not sure why I had better energy and mood benefits at the beginning (placebo?). Well, back to sublingual tablets. They seem to be the best way to go.
    have you tried dermacrine? td is by far the best, imo.

16. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    have you tried dermacrine? td is by far the best, imo.
    When I said sublingual was the best way to go, I meant the best way to go for me (in comparison to mlm oral tablets). I haven't tried transdermal creams. So, I can't say if that would be better or not. I've stuck with tablets because of price, convenience and that they seem to work well (at least, the sublingual ones do). Also, I don't want to take DHEA (which is included with pregnenolone in most transdermal creams). So, in my case, sublingual tablets make more sense.

17. Quote Originally Posted by jarrellt67 View Post
    When I said sublingual was the best way to go, I meant the best way to go for me (in comparison to mlm oral tablets). I haven't tried transdermal creams. So, I can't say if that would be better or not. I've stuck with tablets because of price, convenience and that they seem to work well (at least, the sublingual ones do). Also, I don't want to take DHEA (which is included with pregnenolone in most transdermal creams). So, in my case, sublingual tablets make more sense.
    lol...you can take a horse to water....

18. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    lol...you can take a horse to water....
    While I do appreciate the recommendation, based on my doctors advice I should stay away from anything with DHEA due my increased risk of breast and prostate cancer (BRCA-2).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need some help. Concerns with long term use of Lipo 6.
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 01:32 AM
  2. Picamilon Long-term use
    By havoc07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 12:59 PM
  3. Long term use of HCG safe?
    By rick055 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 09:47 PM
  4. t3 long term use Question