Low appetite problems

breakoutyear

Awards
Hey all, simply put I suffer from an extremely low appetite and this isn't normal because I'm an athlete that burns a ton of calories. I was wondering what you've taken in the past or present that really has skyrocketed your appetite or at least made you significantly hungrier. I know there's no wonder pill out there but its kinda hard to bulk when your not eating enough because your simply not hungry and there's not enough space in my stomach lol

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many kcals are you consuming a day?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you notice you are losing or gaining weight faster then normal or?

breakoutyear

Awards
Do you notice you are losing or gaining weight faster then normal or?
I keep losing a little bit of weight at a time. I no longer gaining muscle really at all. Feel like I'm loosing some due to lack of food I'm consuming because of low appetite you know?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya I know what you mean. Have you tried consuming higher calorie foods to reach a higher overall kcal?

A few supplements you could try which may help from my experience:

AnaBeta Elite
Arachidonic acid (X-Gels or X-Factor)

I've heard Prime has lead to hunger increases.

breakoutyear

Awards
Ya I know what you mean. Have you tried consuming higher calorie foods to reach a higher overall kcal?

AnaBeta Elite

Oh ok thanks! Never heard of prime but i'll look into it and as for ArA and ABE I'm already planning to take those in the near future so that's great to hear they help with hunger. I've been trying to eat as clean as I can staying away from foods with to high of calories but I might have to go on and eat a little dirtier come to think of it. Really higher calories might help my performances too, higher energy levels.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Oh ok thanks! Never heard of prime but i'll look into it and as for ArA and ABE I'm already planning to take those in the near future so that's great to hear they help with hunger. I've been trying to eat as clean as I can staying away from foods with to high of calories but I might have to go on and eat a little dirtier come to think of it. Really higher calories might help my performances too, higher energy levels.
What's your interpretation of a 'clean' food?

I make my own weight gainers and that really helps.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

When I struggled with severely decreased appetite due to medical circumstances I also did this.

An example would be oats, milk, protein powder, peanut butter and a banana in a blender.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This isn't due to any sort of psychological ailment (depression, etc), correct?

Like other said, calorie dense foods will be your friend.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
As its been metioned, calorie dense foods should help. Also something that helped me is taking roughly a week off of my regular diet and just going nuts with food. Seemes to be easier to chow down on food that is "forbiden" than food that I make in mass quantities due to schedule. I also took Intimidate and Tropinol which all seemed to help increase my appetite.
Good Luck!

breakoutyear

Awards

I'm mostly talking about slow digesting carbs such as sweet potatoes, brown rice, etc. and lean protein such as a lot of chicken, turkey, and fish. Basically not a lot of fat sweets. As you and others mentioned I will start making shakes. Making shakes should help me get more calories down because its easier for me to drink a lot than eat anyway.

breakoutyear

Awards
This isn't due to any sort of psychological ailment (depression, etc), correct?

Like other said, calorie dense foods will be your friend.
I do suffer from depression and have to take medicine for it but I've been taking medicine for it for a while now but I asked the doctor if the medicine would surpress appetite and he said no. People usually gain a few pounds from the medicine I take...

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
as every one else mentioned, higher calorie-density foods are going to be your friend here. Add some EVOO to your shakes too if you want. Handfuls of almonds, pecans or walnuts pack a lot of cals in a small volume. Don't be afraid to eat fattier meats too, especially fatty fish like salmon is really good for you and has like 50% more calories than cod or tilapia. I don't think you need a supplement here, just a menu adjustment.

Good luck!!

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards

AnaBeta Elite

All great options, I've heard Prime is the best supplement for increasing appetite, not speaking from experience though...

So great advice in here. Some other options would be trail mix (1cup = 640cal), adding a glass of whole milk to each meal (1cup = 160cal), making gainer (or purchasing them), peanut butter (2tbsp = 190cal)

GL man, try increasing your calories though.. I've found it difficult consuming my caloric needs (currently eating 5,300cal/day) initially, but after 3-7 days I find it MUCH easier to consume, and also VERY hungry if I don't.

Timing is very important too (not because you'll go "catabolic" or w/e), but if you're consuming a lot of cals (or a lot to you for that matter), spacing your meals out @ the right times, will make them much easier to consume. If you eat 1000cal every three hours, you'll easily be able to have down 4000cal in 12hrs (or whatever calorie/time interval you wish; 500cal every 1.5h = 4000 in 12h, 800cal every 2hr = 4000cal in 10h, etc)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PB and almonds really help when my appetite used to be lower, they pack a lot of calories in a small amount that wont kill your overall appetite

and more of them aren't good but i've used weight gainers too....mass gains a cleaner weight gainer shake that may be easier to down than whole foods

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm mostly talking about slow digesting carbs such as sweet potatoes, brown rice, etc. and lean protein such as a lot of chicken, turkey, and fish. Basically not a lot of fat sweets. As you and others mentioned I will start making shakes. Making shakes should help me get more calories down because its easier for me to drink a lot than eat anyway.
You need your fats my friend. Sweets, no but fats, yes.

This "fat is evil" society is going to be the death of us. When you read how important fat is for proper hormone functioning and other things, you will wonder why so many people suggest you limit it.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldnt look into a supplement to help with this, but would rather seek a doctor if this is becoming problematic and focus on heavily caloric foods, gainer shakes, etc to help meet your caloric requirements.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All these guys have it nailed.

micro2000

Awards
For real appetite simulation, nothing touches ghrp-2 & 6. They will make you so hungry you'll punch your momma.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All great options, I've heard Prime is the best supplement for increasing appetite, not speaking from experience though...

So great advice in here. Some other options would be trail mix (1cup = 640cal), adding a glass of whole milk to each meal (1cup = 160cal), making gainer (or purchasing them), peanut butter (2tbsp = 190cal)

GL man, try increasing your calories though.. I've found it difficult consuming my caloric needs (currently eating 5,300cal/day) initially, but after 3-7 days I find it MUCH easier to consume, and also VERY hungry if I don't.

Timing is very important too (not because you'll go "catabolic" or w/e), but if you're consuming a lot of cals (or a lot to you for that matter), spacing your meals out @ the right times, will make them much easier to consume. If you eat 1000cal every three hours, you'll easily be able to have down 4000cal in 12hrs (or whatever calorie/time interval you wish; 500cal every 1.5h = 4000 in 12h, 800cal every 2hr = 4000cal in 10h, etc)

Prime is garbage and will not help you unless you have problem with digestion.
people who feel increased appetite from prime is the one who have digestive issues.
i have tried prime even at 15 caps at day and only thing i was impressed was incredible digestion somethingi have problem with usualy.
Chebulic myrobalan found in prime is good digestive support..

OP,
You said you are taking medicine for the depression. Those medicines can actually cause loss of appetite .in some people increase

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
My appetite is cyclical. Sometimes, I have a hard time hitting my cals and sometimes I'll go to bed hungry, while bulking. Lol. When my appetite is lower, Peanut Butter is my friend. I love eating it from a spoon.

That said, Anabeta made me hungrier. It seemed to wear off after a couple weeks, or maybe I got used to it.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
My appetite is cyclical. Sometimes, I have a hard time hitting my cals and sometimes I'll go to bed hungry, while bulking. Lol. When my appetite is lower, Peanut Butter is my friend. I love eating it from a spoon.

That said, Anabeta made me hungrier. It seemed to wear off after a couple weeks, or maybe I got used to it.
PB spoon brah too. Usually have 4-8tbsp a night straight out of the jar w/ some milk (if my fats are low)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The secret bulking food is whole milk. It's very easy to put away over one thousand calories a day from several glasses of whole milk

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless you have milk allergies :(

Does no one else find it strange were the only animal that drinks milk as adults? And on top of that it's not even from our own species? Yuk

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For real appetite simulation, nothing touches ghrp-2 & 6. They will make you so hungry you'll punch your momma.
lmao, I think ghrp isn't going to be strong enough of a solution for him. hahaha (obviously joking)

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Intimidate SRT and Tropinol XP could help increase your appetite.

breakoutyear

Awards

Thank you for this! I will definitely check out my timing and spacing of my meals. This is all info I had very little knowledge about thanks a lot man!

breakoutyear

Awards
You need your fats my friend. Sweets, no but fats, yes.

This "fat is evil" society is going to be the death of us. When you read how important fat is for proper hormone functioning and other things, you will wonder why so many people suggest you limit it.
Thanks everyone for your advice! This has been an extremely helpful thread to me and sorry for the late responses because I was getting my laptop fixed. I've started spacing my meals out better and trying to increase the frequency of my meals. Also I've easily increased calorie intake already by adding peanut butter to my shakes and nuts and things like that. Homemade weight gainers have been helping too as someone mentioned before. I should be starting ABE in the near future and that should also help too. Thanks guys.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
as every one else mentioned, higher calorie-density foods are going to be your friend here. Add some EVOO to your shakes too if you want. Handfuls of almonds, pecans or walnuts pack a lot of cals in a small volume. Don't be afraid to eat fattier meats too, especially fatty fish like salmon is really good for you and has like 50% more calories than cod or tilapia. I don't think you need a supplement here, just a menu adjustment.

Good luck!!
Adding EVOO to shakes is so stupud.

1.) Down a spoonfull of EVOO and THEN drink your shake.

Vs.

2.) Having to gulp down an entire nasty ass shake because you put oil in it.

Derp

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adding EVOO to shakes is so stupud.

1.) Down a spoonfull of EVOO and THEN drink your shake.

Vs.

2.) Having to gulp down an entire nasty ass shake because you put oil in it.

Derp
Um ever heard of different strokes for different folks? I used to put evoo and raw eggs in my shakes regularly, never had an issue.

Maybe you should consider moderating your stance a bit so you don't sound like such a cocky tool

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Unless you have milk allergies :(

Does no one else find it strange were the only animal that drinks milk as adults? And on top of that it's not even from our own species? Yuk

Clearly Milk is responsible for our evolution as a species!

That, and alien DNA... :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

aceroni

Awards
OP, the only thing I can add that hasn't been said : go smoke a few joints, wait a few hours, and tell me you don't have an insatiable hunger.