Why does anything yohimbe make me feel like crap?

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi all,Long time since I've posted. Been training for 10 years and have tried virtually every supplement under the sun. One that has always been a staple is any type of stim. I am a stimulant whore. I have a very large tolerance to stims and try to rotate pre workouts and what not so that I can still feel effects. One thing that has bothered me is that since 1,3 dimeth has been discontinued, it seems that every company is now throwing some type of yohimbine whether it be a certain alkaloid or Rauwolscine, into their pre workouts. No matter what type of yohimbe it is and dosage, any time I have ever taken anything that contains it, I feel like crap mentally and physically. I'm aware that there are many sides that people experience from it but mine have always seemed extreme. I literally get flu like symptoms, cold sweats, and mentally feel depressed or just uncomfortable. Anybody else experience this? Anybody know why?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Many, many people get these sides.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yohimbine and derivatives are well known for this. I'd guess they throw it in formulas lately because it's such a cheap ingredient. It was extremely popular years ago, and then it sort of phased out. Lately there has been some sort of resurgence.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one. It's interesting cuz like literally every other stim works great for me.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Truth. It's like any new fatburner or pre that comes out and I look at the ingredient profile and see some sort of yohimbe, its automatically ruled out.
Same here..I don't get as bad of sides as you describe, but they can be unpleasant, esp if I try to take y preWO...about the only version I can tolerate is what PES uses in norcodrene...

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, it's very common, but fortunately for me I don't fall into this category.
No negative side effects from taking it.

Jakey

Awards
I'm like this for most yohimbe, except really low dosed such as Uncut, which works well for me.

infraredline

Awards
I love yohimbine! I can down upwards of 10mg a day a feel great, I'm one of the lucky ones though I guess. It works great in combination with any sort of beta agonist (albuterol, ephedrine, clen ect.)

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible you have an allergy?

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same here..I don't get as bad of sides as you describe, but they can be unpleasant, esp if I try to take y preWO...about the only version I can tolerate is what PES uses in norcodrene...
Same. One pill of norcodrene isn't bad. Two is too much. PES products are always top notch

infraredline

Awards
I love yohimbine! I can down upwards of 10mg a day a feel great, I'm one of the lucky ones though I guess. It works great in combination with any sort of beta agonist (albuterol, ephedrine, clen ect.)

Shocker279

Awards
Me too man. I started a thread where i posted about it in uncut. Yohimbine is like toxic poison to my body even in the smallest doses. Even the types they claim are side-effect free still horribly affect me. I refuse to take ANY supplement that has it in it. Why supplement companies keep putting this garbage in preworkouts I don't know. They're losing so many potential customers.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Nothing but fear and loathing for Yohimbine. It ruins some good stim products, IMO.

Younglifter16

Awards
I and all my friends love it, we all respond great to it. Ill use 15mg of YHCL and then whatever else I get from yohimbe bark extract (alpha mine and norco). When you first add it in , it gives lovely energy and boost. Once youre used to it, it doesnt do a whole lot in terms of stim feeling but still gives good boners :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Norcodrene has a built in anxiolytic agent that attenuates most if not all yohimbine sides. That'd be my recommendation if you're set on yohimbine. Alpha-T2 also has bacopa, an anxiolytic adaptogen, to combat yohimbine sides among other benefits

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Norcodrene has a built in anxiolytic agent that attenuates most if not all yohimbine sides. That'd be my recommendation if you're set on yohimbine. Alpha-T2 also has bacopa, an anxiolytic adaptogen, to combat yohimbine sides among other benefits
Is that the amentoflavone in Norcodrene?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get this from yohimbe, maca, and huperzine-A. All 3 make me feel anti-social, weird physically, and kind of agitated.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I throw up from it any time I have taken it.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used to be ok on it but for some reason I now feel awful when I use it. My body seems to be this way with most stim. Alphamine was great for like 4 jugs. I took breaks inbetween each one as well. Now a single serving makes me feel irratible, tired and sick. It still has a great thermogenic effect but the feel good days are gone. Not sure if it is me getting older, now 31, or what.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The literature on fat loss with Yohimbine supplementation is great, however it's certainly not for everyone.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yohimbe is an ingredient that I tend to avoid. Slightly increased anxiety, restlessness and blood pressure arent effects that I want to pay money for haha.

I will say, it works well for fat loss and some tolerate it quite well and even thoroughly enjoy it.

GH247

GH247

Awards
I have a love/hate relationship with yohimbine. The effect on fat loss and energy I get from yohimbine is great. Most of the time I can take it and be fine, but occasionally it messes with my stomach quite a bit.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbe gives me the kinda energy that makes me want to claw my own skin off...so uncomfortable.

A good Yohimbe hcl is much better , AlpHa-Y even better.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DMAA works much better for fat loss with zero side effects. For me anyway. Yohimbine is most well known for its side effects.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
DMAA works much better for fat loss with zero side effects. For me anyway. Yohimbine is most well known for its side effects.
Actually, DMAA has no little to no effect on fat loss. I agree the energy with DMAA is great, but you weren't losing fat on it. There's no "for me" in this case because DMAA acts through the same mechanism in everyone...as a norepinephrine releasing agent.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, DMAA has no little to no effect on fat loss. I agree the energy with DMAA is great, but you weren't losing fat on it. There's no "for me" in this case because DMAA acts through the same mechanism in everyone...as a norepinephrine releasing agent.
Well then, maybe indirectly as a result of lowered appetite.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
And increased BMR. And being too cracked out to eat or sleep;)

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I avoid all products with Yohimbe. The cold sweats and flu like symptoms I feel instantly. I tried it numerous times and it's clear that Yohimbe does give me nothing but the unwanted sides.

You are not alone! LOL

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find that after not taking yohimbe for awhile that the first couple days using it are death. i feel like trash but as I go my body seems to adapt.

I'm personally happy the Iforce doesn't use regular yohimbe in their products

Cheranine

Cheranine

Awards
I call it the dark stimulant. I get the same sides for the first day or 2 of use. I have hydroxycut and lipo6x formulas with Yoh that I just cannot finish. I do eventually tolerate it but I usually stop after a few days coz once I get past the anxiety then I get the upset tum tum.

I can't imagine using it in a pre workout yet some of the highest rated products contain it. Luckily, being that my country banned it outright, we get international versions of products that don't contain it such as Uncut and BPI 1mr vortex.

Luckily most companies actually compensate for the missing ingredient by upping the caff or adding something else.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the male enhancement industry blew up and yohimbe reappeared after we decided it was worthless only good for circulation but very few got good results. It's a MAOI inhibitor and sucks. Go with the arginine derivatives for circulation benefits

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It just means you are very sensitive to the pathway being activated...and perhaps your alpha-1 receptors are reacting more than your alpha-2