Stim-Junkie Strategy's

TrainPsycho

Awards
Hey AM bro's,

I (as a stim junkie) was searching for ways to keep my beloved stims effective.
Didn't find much, so thought: why not make a list
of tactics to get your hit when you want it.
For example: cycling, switching up pre's, on/off schedules during the week.
Please tell how many stims you can use during the week without building a tolerance.

STIM-JUNKIE STRATEGY LIST

-Cycle off all stims for 1-2 weeks every 2-3 weeks, or increase dose until you reach the maximum recommended dose, and cycle off after that. (rome32, TyMan14)

-Over the course of a few weeks, adjust 1 stim (Ex. Caffeine) down and another up (Ex. DMAA). (squirtguns89)

-MAYBE consider using Adderall.
Appears to help focus, energy, staying organised, alpetite suppression and lifting motivation. But be careful. (LilAce)

-When using a stim heavy pre, adjust stim intake during the day to match. (rome32)

-Get enough f*cking sleep.
If your'e chronically sleep deprived it doesn't matter how many stims you take. Your'e going to end up both tired AND overstimmed. (KrisL)

-Even 1 day a week off can make a big difference. If using a Pre, it helps to avoid other stims on rest days.
When using a Stim-Based Fatburner, maybe take a Caffeine-free product on rest days. (such as Alpha-T2, Adipose Annihilation V2, etc. Those still contain Yohimbine and Higenamine)

Stim Synergy

WHAT TO TAKE WHEN CYCLING OFF

Energy/Focus Herbs
-coming soon

Raws (Single Ingredient Products)
Theacrine (Works like caffeine, doesn't cause tolerance buildup
ErgoGenix NMT (Beta-Agonist. I found it gives slight and clean energy.)

Stacks

If you have used any product, share your experience and contribute to this list! Help us defeat lethargy!!!!
LOL

And lastly...
LIST OF HARDEST HITTING STIMS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
(so no dmaa, ephedrine, craze, etc. Paying $150 dollar for 1 tub of OG Craze ain't gonna do it.)

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
I use a lot of stimulants throughout the day.

Every 6 months I take 4-6 weeks off all stimulants.

I usually so 2-3 heavy stim weeks followed by 1-2 low stimulant weeks to keep them fresh.

I switch my preworkout from Heavy, moderate, none every so often as well.

If I'm using a heavy stim pre I tend to taper the rest of the day down and vice versa.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Whatever stim I'm using I taper up slowly and when tolerance gets to the max dose, I turn to focus xt caffeine free for a week and then slam the stims again. During school i use stims every day but vacations I take a little time to recover. Works well for me and I have a high tolerance

Lil Ace

Awards
I don't know how you feel about Rx stims. I told my doc I have ADHD and got a script for adderal. It helps me do everything better (focus, stay organized, motivated, etc.) So maybe I really do have adhd but its a godsend in the gym. When it loses effectiveness I mix with stacker 3 and or green tea. Considered a performance enhancing substance and banned in some sports organizations without script. Miracle med in my eyes, increased performance, motivation, focus, endurance, reduced appetite, increased pain tolerance, and if you have insurance a script of 60 pills 2 month supply is cheaper than a bottle of caffeine pills. Not encouraging drug use or doc shopping but its really easy to acquire and has helped me tremendously. Haven't noticed many adverse affects except some anxiety jitteryness and makes it harder to eat big meals. These all help me though, makes me feel like superman in the gym and makes the pump feel incredible. Be careful with the stims though, used jack3d and stacker for a couple years and later got diagnosed with high blood pressure.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use a lot of stimulants throughout the day.

Every 6 months I take 4-6 weeks off all stimulants.

I usually so 2-3 heavy stim weeks followed by 1-2 low stimulant weeks to keep them fresh.

I switch my preworkout from Heavy, moderate, none every so often as well.

If I'm using a heavy stim pre I tend to taper the rest of the day down and vice versa.
^ this is a good strategy

I usually use high stimulants like Dexaprine or something when cutting, or something Moderate to low like Conquer for a bit, and sometimes just black coffee...however I love my coffee so I don't usually ever go completely eliminate all stimulants

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards

I usually use high stimulants like Dexaprine or something when cutting, or something Moderate to low like Conquer for a bit, and sometimes just black coffee...however I love my coffee so I don't usually ever go completely eliminate all stimulants
After all this time I have still yet to use Dexaprine... maybe ine day

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After all this time I have still yet to use Dexaprine... maybe ine day
it's very strong on stimulants....to be honest, i don't think i'd go completely from zero stimulants and just straight into Dexaprine, i might get my tolerance up a bit and even then probably start at half a cap

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
it's very strong on stimulants....to be honest, i don't think i'd go completely from zero stimulants and just straight into Dexaprine, i might get my tolerance up a bit and even then probably start at half a cap
Good looking out. Definitely have to try it out before vacation at the end of June.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards

Just like you, I cant go completely stim free. Love my coffee to much. Especially since I started adding Coconut Oil to it.

Great write up OP. Took me a while to figure it out myself. I was on Dexaprine, finished out the bottle, than wondered why I wasnt getting the same effect from Conquer as I use to.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Anyone know of good caffeine alternatives for when cycling off?
I've heard Theacrine doesn't build up a tolerance. If there is interest I'll put up a list as well.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Anyone know of good caffeine alternatives for when cycling off?
I've heard Theacrine doesn't build up a tolerance. If there is interest I'll put up a list as well.
Post it up. You caught my attention.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just like you, I cant go completely stim free. Love my coffee to much. Especially since I started adding Coconut Oil to it.

Great write up OP. Took me a while to figure it out myself. I was on Dexaprine, finished out the bottle, than wondered why I wasnt getting the same effect from Conquer as I use to.
You guys are killing me with the dexaprine! I need to get that and some AMPilean to try.

I got the fiancè in AMPilean & Hyper T2 stack and she's loving it. She said she doesn't need to drink energy drinks or coffee the rest of the day.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys are killing me with the dexaprine! I need to get that and some AMPilean to try.

I got the fiancè in AMPilean & Hyper T2 stack and she's loving it. She said she doesn't need to drink energy drinks or coffee the rest of the day.
haha Dexaprine is def something you'd enjoy if your a fan of stimulants......even though i love coffee, it's kind of nice when i can take a fat burner and not need coffe like your fiance said, might have to look into those products as well

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I never get off caffiene. No point. That street is miserable both ways and does nothing useful that I notice.
As for er'day, I like stimmed fatburners. Lately, I've had success with 1 bottle of stimmed fatburner, then 1 bottle no/lo-stim simple system, no calendar, no confusion.
I use preworkouts as necessary - which winds up being frequent since I lift at 10pm. If I'm out of preworkouts, coffee does the trick, nbd.
Napping and getting more sleep makes stims more effective for me for longer - If I haven't gotten enough, it doesn't matter how many pills I choke down - I'll still be a slug.

TrainPsycho

Awards
I never get off caffiene. No point. That street is miserable both ways and does nothing useful that I notice.
As for er'day, I like stimmed fatburners. Lately, I've had success with 1 bottle of stimmed fatburner, then 1 bottle no/lo-stim simple system, no calendar, no confusion.
I use preworkouts as necessary - which winds up being frequent since I lift at 10pm. If I'm out of preworkouts, coffee does the trick, nbd.
Napping and getting more sleep makes stims more effective for me for longer - If I haven't gotten enough, it doesn't matter how many pills I choke down - I'll still be a slug.
Thanks, forget to add the obvious sleep point.
I however notive a great increase in stim effectiveness after 1 week off caffeine.

TrainPsycho

Awards
What I personally notice is that even one day a week off stims decreases tolerance immensely in the long term.
Also, daily stim usage is much more important than single dosage amount.

Taking our friend caffeine as an example:

6 days on 1 day off at 300mg in the morning

vs

7 days a week 200mg in the morning and 200mg in the afternoon.

Option 1 is gonna result in much less tolerance buildup than option 2.

sina

Banned
Awards
Good ideas here..

I personally think that someone should use a Stimulant only when needed. Say you work 10 hours daily and one day of the week you are just exhausted but have to get in a workout, then I can see where stimulants play effect. Some kids take pre-workouts for the taste, jitters, feelings and what not. I only thing 2x a week maximum when you need some focus/energy sure..

Otherwise I think concotion of such would be better.

Citrulline Malate
Agmatine Sulfate
Vegetable Grade Glycerol
Betaine
KNO3

and perhaps throw in caffeine tablet when need a push otherwise I would like to incorporate nootropics maybe

ALCAR
Tyrosine
CDP-Choline

Otherwise Hemavol + Focus-XT :)

TrainPsycho

Awards
Good ideas here..

I personally think that someone should use a Stimulant only when needed. Say you work 10 hours daily and one day of the week you are just exhausted but have to get in a workout, then I can see where stimulants play effect. Some kids take pre-workouts for the taste, jitters, feelings and what not. I only thing 2x a week maximum when you need some focus/energy sure..

Otherwise I think concotion of such would be better.

Citrulline Malate
Agmatine Sulfate
Vegetable Grade Glycerol
Betaine
KNO3

and perhaps throw in caffeine tablet when need a push otherwise I would like to incorporate nootropics maybe

ALCAR
Tyrosine
CDP-Choline

Otherwise Hemavol + Focus-XT :)
Good point.
Some people just like the kick though.
And fatburners are supposed to be taken everyday.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Had your blood pressure check lately people? ;)

I just have breaks every month for 1 week

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
what about taking things to potentiate the effects of caffeine? ive heard multiple things people take that people say made caffeine effects last longer/hit harder...any legit things to use as that? racetams/fruit extracts/adaptogens? ive been searching the web far and wide trying to figure out what makes a great stim stack that has lasting potential. thoughts on any potentiating ingredients? i know that its been touched on, but thought it might be worth expanding on a decent amount more.

week 1-2 high caffeine (300+)
week 3-4 low caffeine (100-200) + potentiating ingredient x (ideas)
ect ect

now my question is, IF there is any good potentiating ingredients, and you can get a kick off 200mg caffeine while using them, then come off X potentiator...will your stim tolerance still be moderate, ie if you boosted your caffeine while off any potentiating substances will you get that kick? or are you essentially mimicking excess amounts of caffeine if you use something to potentiate it leaving you with the same tolerance issues if you were using high amounts of caffeine in the first place?

not sure if im making much sense, i may need some caffeine its getting late :D

also thoughts on theacrine thats mentioned for those who have used it? i believe mr.cooper69 said it was a short burst of energy and gave a abrupt crash, unsure if those effects would be altered in conjuncture with another stimulant like caffeine.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Interesting idea. I might remplace the list of stim free pre-Workouts with a list of things that potentiate caffeine.

Naringin increases it's half life.
Xanthine Oxidase inhibitors like Milk Thistle, Curcumin and Quercetin may increase circulating caffeine levels.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
how much of an impact will improved circulating levels or half life really have in a weight training atmosphere though? (unless thats not what youre looking for of course), seems to me that would be more beneficial for longer lasting effects where as i only need them for an hour or so...perhaps im not understanding/under estimating the effects. will look into.

what about thoughts on adaptogens? ginseng, ashwagandha ect.

any thoughts on why stim tolerant folks end up getting hit so hard with the like of (RIP) enhanced?

ive heard choline affecting stims i believe although im sure its not as simple/or correct to assume thats what it is.
Xanthine Oxidase inhibitors that are in enhanced?
another thing ive heard for stim synergy: peracetam or such things like that.

cmon cooper and the great minds of AM, give us some feedback on this stuff, when your not too busy creating awesome products and discussing things i dont understand of course. lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Squirtguns:

1. Potentiating caffeine just results in quicker tolerance development because the receptors are just exposed to caffeine for longer.
2. Theacrine with caffeine didn't change the story...same thing

TrainPsycho

Awards
Squirtguns:

1. Potentiating caffeine just results in quicker tolerance development because the receptors are just exposed to caffeine for longer.
Didn't know that... Thanks.
Will update first post in a few hours.
I did have a very good experience with Omega Sports Shred XT, slight clean energy increase that lasted almost a whole day and didn't build up a tolerance...
But I suppose this is not because of the Theacrine then.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Squirtguns:

awesome thanks. recently its been helping me to write down interesting things i read, as theres lots of different conflicting information out there..this is def going in the notebook.

i know youre a stim freak coop, what are your strategies to defeat lethargy, what stims need to be added to the list, any that work different receptors than caffeine even in a mild manner? thoughts on the ergobolic supp in the op, is nmt bs? i think it was PA among others who werent fans.

...this is where i silently wait and hope you tell me AS is about to release a novel stimulant ingredient for never ending stim tolerance....

inb4 stim junkie letdown.
inb4 i buy 3 of the next product anyways.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I'm enjoying this thread. I cycle off preworkouts when I deload. I follow a 6 week 5/3/1 template so I try to keep caffeine low when I deload, but it is never completely eliminated. This usually works pretty well for me.

What is the general consensus on some of these supplements that are supposed to help reboot your tolerance (I.e. revamp on sale at NP, and BPS upcoming AdrenoSurge).

Thanks!

-Matt

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm enjoying this thread. I cycle off preworkouts when I deload. I follow a 6 week 5/3/1 template so I try to keep caffeine low when I deload, but it is never completely eliminated. This usually works pretty well for me.

What is the general consensus on some of these supplements that are supposed to help reboot your tolerance (I.e. revamp on sale at NP, and BPS upcoming AdrenoSurge).

Thanks!

-Matt
I was looking in to Revamp and the new AdrenoSurge as well. In for some insight.

TrainPsycho

Awards
I know there are mixed opinions on them.
As far as I know you can't just "cleanse" receptors, but I have heard of people who claimed that they had a good experience from them.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
I know there are mixed opinions on them.
As far as I know you can't just "cleanse" receptors, but I have heard of people who claimed that they had a good experience from them.
this. as im typing this out, i keep hearing cooper in my head saying theyre worthless for resetting stim tolerance...then im looking at that price and im trying very hard not to spend a measly ten dollars for personal research purposes lmao. probably wont bother to be honest. if there was a way to reset/subdue stim tolerance youd think a lot more companies would make them to make their pre workouts/fat burners more effective.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
this. as im typing this out, i keep hearing cooper in my head saying theyre worthless for resetting stim tolerance...then im looking at that price and im trying very hard not to spend a measly ten dollars for personal research purposes lmao. probably wont bother to be honest. if there was a way to reset/subdue stim tolerance youd think a lot more companies would make them to make their pre workouts/fat burners more effective.
My thoughts exactly man... although, for 10 bucks I may just give one a go... I need protein anyway. BPS makes good stuff so I may even try AdrenoSurge when it comes out.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Also, next week is deload week so no Stimul8 or Uncut this week :(... sad stuff, lol.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
And lastly...
LIST OF HARDEST HITTING STIMS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
(so no dmaa, ephedrine, craze, etc. Paying $150 dollar for 1 tub of OG Craze ain't gonna do it.)
If your looking for the hardest hitting stim you must check out HyperMax. When it comes to powerful stim effect and feel, HyperMax will be in a league of its own. Launching this Tuesday at Nutraplanet!

hyperfacts.jpg

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Also, next week is deload week so no Stimul8 or Uncut this week :(... sad stuff, lol.
how do you like stimul8? have you tried mr. hyde in comparison (current formula), i didnt like it. have a bottle of stimul8 sitting next to my pes enhanced and white flood reborn among other things lol. ive been really thinking about making my own pres but then i have such a good stash ill just have to add some things to them for now.

white heat by vpx looks to be some pretty potent stuff but havent tried that out yet either.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
how do you like stimul8? have you tried mr. hyde in comparison (current formula), i didnt like it. have a bottle of stimul8 sitting next to my pes enhanced and white flood reborn among other things lol. ive been really thinking about making my own pres but then i have such a good stash ill just have to add some things to them for now.

white heat by vpx looks to be some pretty potent stuff but havent tried that out yet either.
Ive never used Mr. Hyde, but I do love me some Stimul8... I usually use about 3/4 scoop and it does the job just fine... a full scoop if I wanna feel cracked out Haha. I also really like Uncut because I usually get a great focus from it, and it puts me in a great mood.

I loved Enhanced too when it was out... How is White Flood Reborn??

-Matt

TrainPsycho

Awards
Ive never used Mr. Hyde, but I do love me some Stimul8... I usually use about 3/4 scoop and it does the job just fine... a full scoop if I wanna feel cracked out Haha. I also really like Uncut because I usually get a great focus from it, and it puts me in a great mood.

-Matt
+1 On the Stimul8.
Mr. Hyde is very strong as well, but I like Stimul8 better. I'm much more interested in Hyde V2.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Also, after seeing an ad for the new LG Sciences EPIC, I did some research.
It appears that Caffeine (and maybe Synephrine as in EPIC too) gets quickly absorbed through the mouth lining. I'm out of Stimul8 right now, but once I get my next bottle in I will try dumping a scoop in my mouth and just letting it sit there for a few minutes. And now that I'm talking about unusual ingestion methods, has anyone tried snorting his concentrated pre?

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established

-Matt
im surprised none of use have tried the white heat in a stim junkie thread. white flood roborn is a solid pre, and i got it on sale so i couldnt pass it up, cleaner energy imo than mr.hyde, but wont hit you like enhanced unfortunately. what really does though, serious question. i just want to make my own poverty version of enhanced.lol

^^never railed any pres lmao. inb4 someone has heated it up on a spoon or smoked craze.

i think thats where i draw the line. you know you need a stim break when youre thinking about doing anything other than drink it lol. have never heard of letting it sit in your mouth. should chew up a caffeine tab and let us know how that goes.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently using revamp at 3 caps a day and my 1 scoop enhanced still has me ready to go and I've been on stims for around 10 weeks. Yesterday I had loads of caffeine (probably too much, but it was a cheat meal and I wanted a monster to go with it! Plus I used 2 scoops c4 yesterday from some samples I have and I drank a diet Pepsi), so I can handle a good amount of Stims. Revamp has the job done for me at 3 caps. I bought 3 bottles so if It dies down I might experiment with 4-5 caps

TrainPsycho

Awards
If your looking for the hardest hitting stim you must check out HyperMax. When it comes to powerful stim effect and feel, HyperMax will be in a league of its own. Launching this Tuesday at Nutraplanet!

View attachment 100591
That's pretty HNNNNNNGGGGG brah.
Is there a possibility to sample it?

TrainPsycho

Awards
Interesting... Maybe I'll pick up a bottle too and report back.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Trust me when i say its STRONG!!

We noticed something with pre workouts, theres those pre workouts that are really strong stimulants and hit you hard but are usually prop. blends and dont provide much else. On the opposite side of the spectrum theres those pre workouts that are open label and provide everything you need but generally cannot come close to comparing to those high stim products!

With HyperMax, it will easily compete with the leaders in the high stim category, again this stuff is strong! But still per 2 scoops your getting 3 grams of Magnesium Creatine Chelate/Mono Mix, 3.2g Beta-Alanine a full 1000mg Agmatine and half a gram of choline bitartrate.

We should have samples available soon!

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards

We noticed something with pre workouts, theres those pre workouts that are really strong stimulants and hit you hard but are usually prop. blends and dont provide much else. On the opposite side of the spectrum theres those pre workouts that are open label and provide everything you need but generally cannot come close to comparing to those high stim products!

With HyperMax, it will easily compete with the leaders in the high stim category, again this stuff is strong! But still per 2 scoops your getting 3 grams of Magnesium Creatine Chelate/Mono Mix, 3.2g Beta-Alanine a full 1000mg Agmatine and half a gram of choline bitartrate.

Need to try this!

TrainPsycho

Awards

Yeah surely looks cool.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Took 2 scoops this afternoon and had an insane workout, 2 scoops is too much for me i think 1.5 will be perfect!

TrainPsycho

Awards
Shishing PreSurge in my mouth as I type this.
Definetely not the strongest pre out there, but the focus and clarity of this stuff are crazelike.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Holy ****!

Myth: CONFIRMED

Time to edit OP.

Any happy friends who wanna swish some Redline White Heat?