AlphaMax, L-Dopa, and caffeine..

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So what's the scoop on taking AlphaMax (which contains l-dopa) with caffeine pre-workout? I've heard that you don't want to take l-dopa with caffeine...

BUT a couple years ago I did a stack of Erase + Endosurge (contains l-dopa), took caffeine pre-workout and had great results. So...

What's the word?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can't get article. All I can read is the abstract.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
In for answer.

Realized I took Mucuna P, Tyrosine, Caffeine and A-Y the other day, preworkout.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stop linking to abstracts lol

Not enough information for an answer. I'm on an old phone. If there is a way to read the entire article, I can't figure it out.

And the AM app doesn't have advanced search. Which is lame because that's the most useful feature any forum has.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Sorry man, aside from being busy at work, I didn't want to be doing any deep searches into the wrong topic for you. Since you haven't told me I'm wrong, I'll guess I'm on the right path there?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Macuna is often in stimulant products actually, I find it to make stims smoother when they are used in conjunction.

I use AlphaMax w stims daily, with no adverse reactions.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, there should be no problem using a caffeine product with L-Dopa. I used Fitmax and Alphamine while on Alphamax.

I think the studies being cited were for ADHD studies, showing that L-Dopa improved the stim effect of caffeine, without causing any issues. Or caffeine improved the L-Dopa levels, sorry I am on phone, so hard to research. But either way no worries.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would avoid L-Dopa + Caffeine pre-workout. May see an increase in heart rate, not sure on BP.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ran two caps of DopaDex pre-workout with caffeine and other stims and was completely fine.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can have caffeine and l-dopa. If your heart rate dose seem a little faster, try to cut back on the caffeine. Or you could dose Alphamax with your pre workout meal.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've found the opposite is true. Something I noticed during cardio while monitoring heart rate.
Sorry, I was thinking more along the lines of HIIT (unless you were referencing this as well).

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm on alphamax, growth factor and pre workout no problems

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
l-dopa lowers bp for many, Ive never tracked my heart rate during training but it does always make my stims feel smoother and make me feel more relaxed/less stimed out during my workout.