Making your own pre-workout, workout drink.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used water only for years and then BF Creatine and now make a 500ml concoction incorporating:

Gatorade powder, (the G2 stuff),
Creatine mono
BCAAs,
Iced black coffee(not super strong perhaps 70mg caffeine)

I admit I am concerned taking a prepackaged PWO stuff as even small does of beta-alanine gave me uncontrollable energy.
Did enjoy the extra focus from Taurine/Tyrosine.(Damn I cannot remember which one it was)

Am I leaving anything off which would help in one of those sessions working towards the next level of weight or endurance?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would add Agmatine, Betaine Anhydrous, and Citrulline Malate. Maybe GMS too. I would drop the BCAA unless you are training fasted or are training 4+ hours after your last meal.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Cit mal, SNS offers it in bulk at great pricing,

Otherwise any of: TMG, agmatine, COP, ALCAR or LCLT.

It was Tyrosine you were thinking of btw. Although Taurine is always a good option for hydration and other benefits

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agmatine is my favorite of any of the ones I've tried. Citrullene Malate is nice too. I love X-Gels (ArA) but that's not everytime, more of cycled. Lots of options out there depending on your own personal preferences.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I prefer l citrulline over citrulline malate. Currently considering adding amentoflavone. Though I am not sure what OP means when he says smalls doses of beta alanine gave him uncontrollable energy,

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I prefer l citrulline over citrulline malate. Currently considering adding amentoflavone. Though I am not sure what OP means when he says smalls doses of beta alanine gave him uncontrollable energy,
I was wondering that too. Maybe BA was just part of a blend he used

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
I would add Agmatine, Betaine Anhydrous, and Citrulline Malate. Maybe GMS too. I would drop the BCAA unless you are training fasted or are training 4+ hours after your last meal.
Holy pumps. I've looked into making my own, having all 3 of the agmatine/citruiline/gms just isn't worth the $, not to mention the pumps wouldn't even be enjoyable assuming you dosed it right.

Out of beta alanine and citrulline what would you guys pick for weight lifting?

Current stack I'm considering:
Agmatine
Caffeine
Dmaa
Tmg
beta alanine or citrulline or gms. I got to make a choice and cut it off somewhere unfortunately before it gets expensive as chit.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Holy pumps. I've looked into making my own, having all 3 of the agmatine/citruiline/gms just isn't worth the $, not to mention the pumps wouldn't even be enjoyable assuming you dosed it right. Imo op, your pre isn't real great, you don't need creatine preworkout and most people don't "need" bcaas either.

Out of beta alanine and citrulline what would you guys pick for weight lifting?

Current stack I'm considering:
Agmatine
Caffeine
Dmaa
Tmg
beta alanine or citrulline or gms. I got to make a choice and cut it off somewhere unfortunately before it gets expensive as chit.
Assuming you have a good dose of agmatine I would go with BA.

Only because you seem to not want too much pump. Myself I would pile in citrulline

alexay

Awards
you good

you good with you drink
how long do you work out?
what to drink/eat after?

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Assuming you have a good dose of agmatine I would go with BA.

Only because you seem to not want too much pump. Myself I would pile in citrulline
I'm pretty much just looking for the best performance enhancer i would dose daily while keeping it at/around (preferably under) 1.50 a day. I know citrulline has other benefits, just not sure if they are accumalitively better than ba and yeah 1g agmatine. Obviously creatine is in there too, and could dose that with BA whenever, but I was thinking about blending it all in a tub minus the stims for convenience sake. Adding ba and citrulline just seems to be the tipping (price)point even if I love pumps as much as anyone

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
CM would translate to better acute performance effects.

BA everyone knows. For benefits outside of the gym this will get the edge.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Aka as a daily supp and long term usage BA is typically more useful, but you'll notice citrulline more abruptly...I realize they arnt the same, which is why i have a hard time deciding as it's more about price point than anything about comparing direct benefits.

Would you cut out anything else in my stack before the cit/BA?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Aka as a daily supp and long term usage BA is typically more useful, but you'll notice citrulline more abruptly...I realize they arnt the same, which is why i have a hard time deciding as it's more about price point than anything about comparing direct benefits.

Would you cut out anything else in my stack before the cit/BA?
BA is maybe $25 for 500g last time I purchased
http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/iforce-nutrition-beta-alanine-3000.html

That's over 100 days of use.

SNS citrulline malate 100 servings is about $25 as well
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/citrulline-malate-325-grams.html

Getting both of them you're looking at just under 50 cents a day

Otherwise its your call which you prefer

rsoldham

Awards
My bulk pre-workout (look at hardrhino or bulksupplements)
5g Creatine
2g Betaine
2g Beta Alanine
10g BCAA (fasted workouts only)
200mg Caffeine
900mg PEA (this stuff tastes terrible is the awesome)
5g Citrulline Malate
1g Agmatine
2+g Taurine (more for Back pumps)
3g DAA in there as well
Crystal light flavoring (fasted) or Gatoraid

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Agmatine sulfate
Beta alanine
Creatine hydrochloride
L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate
Russian tarragon extract
Taurine
L-Tyrosine
Acetyl L-Carnitine
Caffeine
Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine)
Creatinol-o-phosphate
Bioperine
Potassium nitrate
Vitamin c
Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian Ginseng)
Bcaa's

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
My bulk pre-workout (look at hardrhino or bulksupplements)
5g Creatine
2g Betaine
2g Beta Alanine
10g BCAA (fasted workouts only)
200mg Caffeine
900mg PEA (this stuff tastes terrible is the awesome)
5g Citrulline Malate
1g Agmatine
2+g Taurine (more for Back pumps)
3g DAA in there as well
Crystal light flavoring (fasted) or Gatoraid
No offense but PEA is useless.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I just use focus xt + ephederine + leucine + agaminte or arginine

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
I just use focus xt + ephederine + leucine + agaminte or arginine
Do you take ephedrine always pre workout? Also do you know anything about betaine? Potassium nitrate? Beta alanine? And btw agmatine is about 7x more effective than Arginine.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was wondering that too. Maybe BA was just part of a blend he used
Thanks everyone looking at a few of those mentioned above.

My experience regarding uncontrollable energy.

Used 500mg of Beta Alanine on two occasions (along with 2000mg of Citrulline Malate) No other Pre-workout drink. Empty stomach. I weigh 175lbs. First occasion had a wonderful workout + post-WO cardio.(1.5hrs total time) Felt the tingle and enhanced endurance. Had a bit of nervous energy extending about 2 hours after the workout. Second occasion repeated the above.(except I had 8oz of coffee with milk about 30minutes prior to the BA/CM) Another impressive workout + post-WO cardio. But had much more nervous energy post-workout. It was very uncomfortable. Next morning I felt fine after a good sleep. I had 8oz of coffee with milk. Within a few minutes...BAM! Massive nervous energy. It was incredibly uncomfortable. Appears caffeine simulates the nerve receptors. I could not work. Ate two 1/2 cup servings of rolled oats(carbs will deaden the tingle) + 1 liter of water + two 8oz glasses of milk. That settled me down. About 3 hours total to return to normal.

You see why I am leery of using prepackaged PWO or Intra-workout combos.

I do workout fasted.

Swolljaboi

Awards
Definitely Betaine and agmatine. Throw some ALCAR in there too. I'm loving those 3 lately.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Did 4 potassium nitrate caps preworkout today and WOW, felt like it was my second week into a var cycle, strength and endurance were off the charts

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Did 4 potassium nitrate caps preworkout today and WOW, felt like it was my second week into a var cycle, strength and endurance were off the charts
do you have any hemavol or agmatine laying around ? try it with one of those its crazzzy.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
im stacking it with 1-1.5g agmatine, 3g beta alanine, 3g Creatine, 2.5g betaine, and a few other little things for focus and energy
You got it covered lol !

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
My pre-workout combo:

COP
Caffeine
Yohimbine 2.5
Agmatine
Betaine

Das ist all.

Outside of pre-workout I like beta alanine, creatine and other saturation type products.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Been doing this for awhile:

CMO
BCAA
Citrulline malate
Beta alanine
Caffeine
B12

JD261985

Banned
Awards
The only pre work out I ever made was combining OG jack3d with hemavol

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My pre-workout combo: COP Caffeine Yohimbine 2.5 Agmatine Betaine Das ist all. Outside of pre-workout I like beta alanine, creatine and other saturation type products.
I still need to give COP a try.

Deadgame

Awards
Agmatine 1g before workout
Citrulline malate before workout 6-9g
Caffeine 200mg before workout
Glycerol Monostearate 4-6g
Beta alanine before workout
Tribulus 2pills before workout
Yohimbe 3 pills before workout
LcLt 1g before workout and 1g post meal
Alcar 1g before workout
Xtend bcaas during workout (only when fasted workout, cutting or in between meals)

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Agmatine 1g before workout
Citrulline malate before workout 6-9g
Caffeine 200mg before workout
Glycerol Monostearate 4-6g
Beta alanine before workout
Tribulus 2pills before workout
Yohimbe 3 pills before workout
LcLt 1g before workout and 1g post meal
Alcar 1g before workout
Xtend bcaas during workout (only when fasted workout, cutting or in between meals)
So the only time you aren't using bcaas is when you're eating?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So the only time you aren't using bcaas is when you're eating?
Nah he sprinkles it on meals as seasoning. Can't be going catabolic.