Leave your opinion on Nootropics you have taken

mrmello

mrmello

Awards
Whats up AM community!?

Last year I decided to ''improve'' brain function for studying purposes and to finish the final essay for my post graduate course (Masters in Governmental Administration)

Anyways after many hours of research and forum opinions I opted for the very basics: Piracetam.

For 5 months me and my wife supplemented with Piracetam in all sorts of doses and timing reaching up to 4 grams a day. For 2 out of those 5 months we stacked it with Focus Xt - Caffeeine free.

Aside from ''coca-cola piss'' a few awesome dreams and a very mild anxiety - that manifest when taking Piracetam right before bed we couldn´t tell we were taking anything. Focus XT was like the weather.. sometimes It felt like it was doing something.. but too little to notice anything at other we actually got ''cloudy or foggy'' thoughts. Sometimes it felt like I had better focus during class.. but never not even once either product manifest it self in a solid no doubt form.

There are so many others out there such as Aniracetam, noopts, subultiamine, ahswagnda? Bacopa... even Lions mushroom. So has anyone tried some that worked without a doubt? Like you could def tell it improved brain function???

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
SauceMonkey has some great suggestions, however nootropics tend to be individualistic in effects.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1)Bacopa and ashwaganda
2)Bacopa and ashwaganda and Alpha GPC
3)Aniracetam and AGPC

In that order of greatness.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT is great for memory recall and formation but acute improvements in Focus didnt occur for me.

I never "notice" FXT working, but for one exam I ran out of time to study properly and just spent a week reading 80 single spaced,size 10 pages of word documented notes to prepare.

By the end of the week, i could practically recite and draw facts out at will. Nailed the exam on functional anatomy and rehabilitation.

I think people assume that FXT will have an acute feeling of tunnel vision and that they would become a superhuman but this is an OTC supplement, not the clear drug from that movie.

Also bare in mind that too much choline can have the opposite effect on focus.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Focus XT is great for memory recall and formation but acute improvements in Focus didnt occur for me.

I never "notice" FXT working, but for one exam I ran out of time to study properly and just spent a week reading 80 single spaced,size 10 pages of word documented notes to prepare.

By the end of the week, i could practically recite and draw facts out at will. Nailed the exam on functional anatomy and rehabilitation.

I think people assume that FXT will have an acute feeling of tunnel vision and that they would become a superhuman but this is an OTC supplement, not the clear drug from that movie.

Also bare in mind that too much choline can have the opposite effect on focus.
I thought FXT actually worked pretty well but I did use it in combination with piracetam and a-gpc. The only thing I didn't like about it was the overly sweet cotton candy flavor lol.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I thought FXT actually worked pretty well but I did use it in combination with piracetam and a-gpc. The only thing I didn't like about it was the overly sweet cotton candy flavor lol.
I prefer pink lemonade and pina colada myself. Fruit punch is quite tasty too

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I prefer pink lemonade and pina colada myself. Fruit punch is quite tasty too
Yea I think pink lemonade is what I'll go with next time around. That cotton candy one was just to much, guys at the gym thought i was drinking pepto bismol lol... I probably should have used more than just a 16oz water bottle though.

A

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Piracetam and Sulbutamine didn't do anything for me either, Adrafinil made me wanna go to sleep... I was excited at first but now I kinda gave up finding something good...

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Piracetam and Sulbutamine didn't do anything for me either, Adrafinil made me wanna go to sleep... I was excited at first but now I kinda gave up finding something good...
How did you dose them? All these products can widely vary in effective dose from person to person. I had to use 4-5g of piracetam for it to be effective and used it this way for about a month straight before I noticed some memory improvements.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I have been using Piracetam, Aniracetam, ALCAR, and Centrophenoxine consistently for well over a year now. Pramiracetam is great but it gets expensive I use Sulbutiamine a few days out of the week as well.

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Noopept, Caffeine, and L-Theanine stacked together has pretty noticeable effects for focus and memory from what I've experienced

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT - two thumbs up
AMPitropin - two thumbs up

A

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
How did you dose them? All these products can widely vary in effective dose from person to person. I had to use 4-5g of piracetam for it to be effective and used it this way for about a month straight before I noticed some memory improvements.
Dosed them as directed, but I didn't not have patience to do as long as you did though, after a few weeks of nothing I stopped...
I do get a little effect from Sulb+Caffein but not as much to justice its horrible taste.
Adrafinil I tried in a prop blend, I mix up the dosing and tried up to 300mg Adrafinil but it just made me more tired and I ended up not function at all and just wanted to stay in bed the whole day...

I think I'm done with Noots... :(

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Dosed them as directed, but I didn't not have patience to do as long as you did though, after a few weeks of nothing I stopped...
I do get a little effect from Sulb+Caffein but not as much to justice its horrible taste.
Adrafinil I tried in a prop blend, I mix up the dosing and tried up to 300mg Adrafinil but it just made me more tired and I ended up not function at all and just wanted to stay in bed the whole day...

I think I'm done with Noots... :(
Adrafinil isn't as potent as its modafinil counter part but I've used it as low as 150mg with 5mg of yohimbe hcl, 4g piracetam, 300mg of a-gpc and a cup of coffee. That definitely got me rocking and rolling at work a few times.

lpfleiderer

lpfleiderer

Awards
Phenylpiracetam + CDP Choline+ caffeine.
I could "def tell" it was working.
I have used it the past 2-3 weeks for exams.
It provides intense focus, but more importantly, memory retention and recall seem to have significantly improved from my normal capacity.

U

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
modafinil=zero effect in me
phenibut=very subtle effect in me
phenylpiracetam=not noticing much besides anxiety
noopept+caffeine=best combo so far

SkyWeasal

SkyWeasal

Awards
Phenylpiracetam, L-Tyrosine and A-GPC have worked well for this 62 year old brain for over a year now. (Going to give F-XT a try pretty soon as well.)

S

sanguine

Awards
2.4 grams piracetam
20 mg noopept sublingual
choline phospholipid source
cup of coffee
cannabis vapor

makes for some intense and fun training

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Phenylpiracetam, L-Tyrosine and A-GPC have worked well for this 62 year old brain for over a year now. (Going to give F-XT a try pretty soon as well.)
Let us know how it treats you when you get a chance to use it.

Dopamean1

Dopamean1

Awards
Sunifiram- Great mood/music anhancer. True Ampakine. Reverses caffeine tolerance. Multi-tasking abilities like no other.
Aniracetam- Most anxiliotic racetam. Stims Dopamine D2/Serotonin 5ht2a and nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Good for cognitive reasoning, decision making.
Alpha-GPC- Great GH booster, can cause depression if ingested without a racetam.
Phenylpiracetam_ Insane, n'uff said.
Phenibut- I know they're arguments as to whether or not this is truly a nootropic, it does increase intrahemisphere communication thus qualifying it as one.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Alpha Brain by Onnit Labs will make you a straight up genius, but it will burn a hole in your pocket. If you can afford it, yuo will reap the rewards.

Best thing to use when trying to be creative or study; nothing comes close

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For pure recall and and focus Noopept is where it is at.

For an extra edge in social situations I like Aniracetam.

They both stack extremely well with Caffeine and L-Theanine.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alpha Brain by Onnit Labs will make you a straight up genius, but it will burn a hole in your pocket. If you can afford it, yuo will reap the rewards.

Best thing to use when trying to be creative or study; nothing comes close
It's a generic mix of ingredients for a high price. You'd be much better off putting together your own.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
It's a generic mix of ingredients for a high price. You'd be much better off putting together your own.
No doubt. Its just convenience for when I'm studying - I dont mind spending the extra $$ when it really helps me smash my exams

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you are after study help, look into Piracetam. I personally don't take it because it slows me down, but it is great to study on.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
If you are after study help, look into Piracetam. I personally don't take it because it slows me down, but it is great to study on.
Never been able to revise ever. Im 99% certain I had ADHD pretty damn badly as a kid but never got any treatment for it, but then at the same time, I get addicted to things which require huge amounts of concentration like online gaming/poker , so im not sure whats up with me haha

Ill have a look into it; thanks dude!

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oxiracetam may be up your alley because it has been shown to improve reaction times and focus, so it might be a good gaming addition.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Oxiracetam may be up your alley because it has been shown to improve reaction times and focus, so it might be a good gaming addition.
Only thing which slows down my reaction time is age unfortunately, its insane how much you lose as you get older

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's an excuse. You should be on top of your game in your mid 20s.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
That's an excuse. You should be on top of your game in your mid 20s.
When I was 14-18, that was my highlight. Was in the top ranked in the world on Ultima Online, My lvl 60 Paladin twink in TBC in WOW was top of the server. I was a beast.

Now I just get crushed playing Heroes of Newerth & Hearthstone, haha

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Um, I have no idea what you are talking about. LOL Are you saying your mid teens was your peak because you were good at games??

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I've used noopept + choline bitrate for 1.5 months and nada.
Adrafinil gets me going but most of the time I feel like **** on it.
The best thing I've tried so far is phenylpiracetam. Antaeus carries a high quality pp product called Demiurge. Too bad it can't be taken daily :(

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
I do enjoy Focus XT and have some quite often. I would normally take Demiurge (phenylpiracetam) about 1-2 hours before an exam while still studying and that always made the most noticeable difference to me. I also find that Hup A makes a fairly significant difference in recall. Phenibut helps a bit with anxiety and social situations. Never got much out of any other 'racetams nor noticed all too much from Noopept.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do enjoy Focus XT and have some quite often. I would normally take Demiurge (phenylpiracetam) about 1-2 hours before an exam while still studying and that always made the most noticeable difference to me. I also find that Hup A makes a fairly significant difference in recall. Phenibut helps a bit with anxiety and social situations. Never got much out of any other 'racetams nor noticed all too much from Noopept.
yeah I really enjoy focus xt and Antaeus products. We have both of those and your modular series at strong. I won the 7,8-dihydroxyflavone and will pop that open soon :) it's pretty good with queen bee acid?

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
yeah I really enjoy focus xt and Antaeus products. We have both of those and your modular series at strong. I won the 7,8-dihydroxyflavone and will pop that open soon :) it's pretty good with queen bee acid?
I haven't tried QBA yet as production got delayed, but I'm very interested to give it a go. 7,8 dihydroxyflavone worked pretty significantly as far as overall mood.

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
They should be a good nootropic combo, both apparently being BDNF mimetics - and queen bee acid might have ergogenic effects too, as it's an AMPK-activator (like AICAR).
PMID: 23754629

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Razor's Edge is quite good, very well dosed.

Dopamean1

Dopamean1

Awards
If you're looking for some serious BDNF potentiation, anxiliotic, anti depressant, motivating and just down right blissful Tianeptine, Sunfiram with Phenibut F.A.A. about 2 hours in. Highly recommend it. Liftmode is the only supplier to my knowledge of Phenibut F.A.A. and Newmind has the best Tianeptine I've tried so far. Thur Suni is superb too.

Dopamean1

Dopamean1

Awards
Anyone have any experience with SEMAX? I'm placing an order Monday from Cereotropic based on 100% amazing reviews. Also a huge BDNF booster.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
The best anxiolitic? I already tried a lot of supplements and unfortunately they seem a little weak or placebo effect.. Never tried nootropics.

Any Nootropic that works "amazing" against anxiety, agoraphobia and panic attacks?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aniracetam without question from a noot perspective. It works wonders, especially paired with Alpha GPC. I like it stacked with bacopa and ashwagandha. What I have been reading has great anxiolytics effects and have just started taking, is amentoflavone. Too soon to say, but the mood impact is very positive.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply.

In fact after reading your answer i was reading a while and it seems Aniracetam is in fact a good anxiolytic. I think i´ll try it with Alpha GPC.

Unfortunately, i can only try them in some weeks (or months who nows), because i can´t find them here in Europe..