Do you have to come off ArA

breakoutyear

Awards
What would happened if you just simply didn't come off ArA? Has anyone tried this? Can you take it everyday months on end just like creatine or something?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can take it indefinitely but you're just wasting money after a certain point because you've reached saturation (your cells can only store so much ArA, you are limited by physics here).

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can take it indefinitely but you're just wasting money after a certain point because you've reached saturation (your cells can only store so much ArA, you are limited by physics here).
yep.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We recommend that you cycle off of ArA every 50 days, as that is the duration of safety data available.

--

However, personally I don't cycle off of it, and if you're following the current pre-workout w/ GMS & ALCAR dosing scheme I don't think you really need to.

Taking it in a manner that is directing it to skeletal muscle tissue, and then undergoing strenuous exercise induced lipid oxidation you are turning over a significant amount of your cellular phospholipid pool and probably no accumulating a great deal of ArA in the muscle.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
plus you give SNS more money if you dont cycle it!!

breakoutyear

Awards
We recommend that you cycle off of ArA every 50 days, as that is the duration of safety data available.

--

However, personally I don't cycle off of it, and if you're following the current pre-workout w/ GMS & ALCAR dosing scheme I don't think you really need to.

Taking it in a manner that is directing it to skeletal muscle tissue, and then undergoing strenuous exercise induced lipid oxidation you are turning over a significant amount of your cellular phospholipid pool and probably no accumulating a great deal of ArA in the muscle.
SO is it much more potent when you take it with GMS, agmatine, ACLAR, etc...? And I pretty much take it for the pre workout pump. Why wouldn't be safe if its essentially natural?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SO is it much more potent when you take it with GMS, agmatine, ACLAR, etc...? And I pretty much take it for the pre workout pump. Why wouldn't be safe if its essentially natural?
Well, if you have any sort of preexisting inflammatory condition it would be contraindicated.

And if you have a few different types of cancer it might make your cancer worse if you happen to have cancer. But I think you have some other issues to worry about if you have cancer.

breakoutyear

Awards
Well, if you have any sort of preexisting inflammatory condition it would be contraindicated.

And if you have a few different types of cancer it might make your cancer worse if you happen to have cancer. But I think you have some other issues to worry about if you have cancer.
Don't have cancer, just a desire to grow lol

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, if you have any sort of preexisting inflammatory condition it would be contraindicated. And if you have a few different types of cancer it might make your cancer worse if you happen to have cancer. But I think you have some other issues to worry about if you have cancer.
Most men have cancerous prostate cells ( and they probably don't know it). I'm wondering how safe ARA is for men..

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know since all the people I've seen take it are females.
Do you think because it's safe for 50 days it's safe cycle after cycle? Even with unknown/undetected prostate cancer?

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
I'm of the opinion that everything should be cycled. Even really basic supplements like creatine, BA, etc.
I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable not cycling something like ArA.
Just my opinion, though.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I would say cycle off. One should be cycling off everything at some point anyway or have some sort of inbuilt cycling going on (i.e. workout days only).

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would not recommend taking ArA cycle after cycle. I'm a believer that everything should be cycled, it's a good idea to come off all supplements once in awhile as well.

breakoutyear

Awards
I would not recommend taking ArA cycle after cycle. I'm a believer that everything should be cycled, it's a good idea to come off all supplements once in awhile as well.
Ok thanks guys, I will be cycling off.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could take a low dose for extended periods of time, such as 250mg. For high dosed anabolic cycles however, cycling is recommended.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Another vote to cycle off. I'd run 2 bottles. Take a few weeks off and start it up again considering you like it, and you WILL like it ;)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Most men have cancerous prostate cells ( and they probably don't know it). I'm wondering how safe ARA is for men..
This is overtly false. This statement would apply to the elderly population (~>65 y/o)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do you think because it's safe for 50 days it's safe cycle after cycle? Even with unknown/undetected prostate cancer?
No, if you have prostate cancer it's clearly not ok, but you are beeeeeeeeeeeyond stretching by just assuming that you are a cancer patient right now lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

--

I'd tend to disagree here. There is certainly phospholipid turnover with exercise, but if each session was enough to come close to depleting a full days worth of supplemental ArA + everything in your diet (including ArA precursors since it's non-essential), we'd be in a world of trouble.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
As many have said, I believe cycling of is the best bet. I wonder if you would see more of the common side effects (thinking along the lines of joint pain) if someone used ArA in a prolonged fashion.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd tend to disagree here. There is certainly phospholipid turnover with exercise, but if each session was enough to come close to depleting a full days worth of supplemental ArA + everything in your diet (including ArA precursors since it's non-essential), we'd be in a world of trouble.
I'm just saying that it's not like you're going to have this infinitely accumulating stockpile of Ara in phospholipids.

Even at 2g/day, It's still a fraction of the persons overall fat, and specifically omega 6 fat intake.

Your phospholipids will generally store fats based the ratio of your overfall fat intake, no? If you're eating a healthier than standard western diet, then I'm not seeing the issue here.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is overtly false. This statement would apply to the elderly population (~>65 y/o)
I think you are over optimistic. it is usually recommended to start prostate cancer screening around 40 45 years old.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I check my own prostate daily by putting a finger up my ass. My finger smells like **** every time. That's a good sign, right?
Nothing better than self screening. Specially if you enjoy it. Lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm just saying that it's not like you're going to have this infinitely accumulating stockpile of Ara in phospholipids.

Even at 2g/day, It's still a fraction of the persons overall fat, and specifically omega 6 fat intake.

Your phospholipids will generally store fats based the ratio of your overfall fat intake, no? If you're eating a healthier than standard western diet, then I'm not seeing the issue here.
Because as you saturate tissue stores, you push the pathway to plasma ArA elevation (which is typically low). And then come the sequelae like killer headaches and such from excessive vasodilation

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I think you are over optimistic. it is usually recommended to start prostate cancer screening around 40 45 years old.
Really? I had no idea!

In all seriousness, I'm not overly optimistic. I literally just spit medical facts at you. The #1 risk factor for prostate cancer is cumulative lifetime exposure to testosterone. Maybe you should stop all tboosters too...and efforts to naturally raise your levels.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really? I had no idea! In all seriousness, I'm not overly optimistic. I literally just spit medical facts at you. The #1 risk factor for prostate cancer is cumulative lifetime exposure to testosterone. Maybe you should stop all tboosters too...and efforts to naturally raise your levels.
I agree with you regarding risk factor number one. But you can't say that PC appears suddenly at 65 years old over night. You know that PC is a very slow growing cancer. If you are diagnosed with PC at age of 60 it is probable because you have it in you 5, 10 or even more years before diagnosis. You spit medical fact to me regarding age related risk, but you are denying that men can be diagnosed with PC at a much younger age and the number of these patients are not marginal (especially after 45 years old).

Why are you talking about T booster here? I'm not talking about t boosting potential of ArA. Or the effect of T on PC. Just that ArA is a food for cancer and if someone has already PC it's not a good idea to take it without interruption (I'll not even cycle it in this condition). And that PC can start much earlier than most people believe.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I agree with you regarding risk factor number one. But you can't say that PC appears suddenly at 65 years old over night. You know that PC is a very slow growing cancer. If you are diagnosed with PC at age of 60 it is probable because you have it in you 5, 10 or even more years before diagnosis. You spit medical fact to me regarding age related risk, but you are denying that men can be diagnosed with PC at a much younger age and the number of these patients are not marginal (especially after 45 years old).

Why are you talking about T booster here? I'm not talking about t boosting potential of ArA. Or the effect of T on PC. Just that ArA is a food for cancer and if someone has already PC it's not a good idea to take it without interruption (I'll not even cycle it in this condition). And that PC can start much earlier than most people believe.
I'm not denying anything. You need to be realistic. And right now, it seems like you're just here to argue. If you don't want to take a basic fatty acid because you think you're walking around with prostate cancer, that is your decision.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not denying anything. You need to be realistic. And right now, it seems like you're just here to argue. If you don't want to take a basic fatty acid because you think you're walking around with prostate cancer, that is your decision.
I am realistic.
Just as a reminder I was not the one starting about PC in this thread. The only thing I'm arguing is that there are more men waking with PC and that it doesn't appear overnight at 65.