Nootropic For Energy and Focus

AndrewMagnum

Awards
I'm looking for a nootropic or a stack for focus and energy for competitive video game tournaments and for finals in the coming weeks. I have used 1 serving FocusXT and 1 scoop ~50mg of Noopept for about a little under a month and have not felt a thing. Am I just a non responder or do I need something a little stronger? FocusXT was purchased through their website and Noopept was from LiftMode. Appreciate all the help!

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Some don't love Noopept. For me, the best stack has been something along the lines of:

CDP Choline: (Or Alpha-GPC - Although Coop as convinced me of the utility of CDP Choline) - Individual in dosing, but I use between 500mg-1g per day
ALCAR: - 2-3 Grams per day
Oxiracetam or Aniracetam: - 800-1600mg per day (I will say that I personally like Oxiracetam more, but many prefer Aniracetam, so this could be a very individual thing)
Caffeine: Obviously this is very individual
Bacopa: 300-600mg of 45-50% Bacosides per day (This will take longer to kick in, but is a FANTASTIC supplement)

Occasional Use:
--Sulbutiamine: I use this as needed when I need an extra kick.
--Phenylpiracetam: Again, I feel this is best used when an extra kick is needed. I wouldn't overuse it.
--Galantamine: I really enjoy this, but it can get expensive. Certainly worth a shot at some point though.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Adrafinil for alertness. I agree with on phenylpiracetam...really good for a boost in alertness and focus but extended use seems to sour my mood.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Noopept isn't very stimulatory OP, if at all. It could also cause some moodiness which is one of the reasons I stack it with pramiracetam (it seems to reduce the level of agitation one may experience).

However, racetams in general, if you're expecting a kick in the pants stimulant type focus, look elsewhere.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT is great for memory recall and formation and won't be best used for the situation you want it for. For me, it isn't a product I feel, but one that has improves, rather notably, my ability to recall facts and information.

I haven't yet found a supplement that gives me tunnel like focus but instead if I take enough stims, my mind seems to just focus on one thing. The offset is that my hands start shaking. If you're good enough at your game, you should be able to focus enough without a supplement. I recommend horse blinkers so you can only look forward :D

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Focus XT is great for memory recall and formation and won't be best used for the situation you want it for. For me, it isn't a product I feel, but one that has improves, rather notably, my ability to recall facts and information.
I agree. The acute, mild stimulatory effects are nice (caffeine + tyrosine), but it's the products ability to help with recall and just overall cognition with prolonged usage that make it one of my favorite supplements.