Source of Raws

SNOman

SNOman

Awards
Yes there are some...but those raws probably originate in China or India. Testing is the key as you can get crap ingreds from Europe or the US as well

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
As such I can no longer support the purchasing of any supplement unable to prove origin outside of China. COAs are not even to be trusted from there. This is sad because a few new supps intrigue me but I will stick with the no supps approach I have been on (with the exception of Canadian sourced Hemp protein)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
As such I can no longer support the purchasing of any supplement unable to prove origin outside of China. COAs are not even to be trusted from there. This is sad because a few new supps intrigue me but I will stick with the no supps approach I have been on (with the exception of Canadian sourced Hemp protein)
Why wouldnt you trust chinese raws?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned, as long as it is properly tested, than Creatine from China will be the same as Creatine from Germany.

What I think OP is trying to say is impurities found in the raw materials. Creatine will be creatine on a molecular level, but how much contamination with other substances is the real question.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
OP, are you referring to the recent Olympus Labs testing screw up?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quality raws can come from many countries, as can bunk raws. Country of origin shouldnt be your primary concern. Things to look for are brands that are well trusted on the forums, patented raw materials, etc if concerned that your product isnt meeting label claims or is contaminated.