Looking for a new whey protein. Any suggestions?

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Just simple answer will do. Looking for a new whey protein. Have tried many before, but just wanted some input from the rest of the people here. What is your favorite and MOST EFFECTIVE whey protein that you've taken. I usually just take NOW Whey Protein Isolate or Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.

Torky

Torky

Awards
Elite from dymatize or ISO100 from the same company, mayo fusion isn't bad as well

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What do you mean by MOST EFFECTIVE?
This.. Whey is just Whey its meant to hit your protein intake you do not get from whole food

Do you like blends?
Straight Whey?
Are you lactose and need an isolate?

I would suggest:

XF Whey/2.0
Pronom by CL
Cellucor Cor Performance
USP Labs Oxy Elite Protein
BIOX
Scivation Whey
PES Select

Pretty good companies and good flavoring that have 0 fillers in their product.

jwsnowman

jwsnowman

Awards
The best proteins I've tried with regards to flavour, ingredient profile, and digestion would be:

Isolate - Dymatize ISO100
Concentrate - Dymatize Elite, Cellucor Cor Whey
Blend - PES Select, Magnum Quattro

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whey Concentrate: San Titanium Whey (cost effective/good macros/Chocolate Graham Cracker tasted good)
Blend: Pronom, USP OxyElite Protein, PES Select

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Already a lot of good proteins listed.

The only one I'd probably add that I liked was Hexapro.

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
For Whey Isolate I usually get Prosource.net's 4lb tub (have one being delivered today)...But I've really been getting into Carnivor beef protein...the fruit punch is awesome!!! I am lactose intolerant so I can't drink regular whey....however, many here have recommended PES Select & several who are also lactose intolerant have said it doesn't bother their stomachs...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just simple answer will do. Looking for a new whey protein. Have tried many before, but just wanted some input from the rest of the people here. What is your favorite and MOST EFFECTIVE whey protein that you've taken. I usually just take NOW Whey Protein Isolate or Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.
Is there any particular reason for just whey?

I've always given more preference to casein/whey blends. If your open to the idea of a blend I'd give the write up on Selectprotein.com a read. The blend of MPI, WPC, and additional Leucinr was chosen after quite a bit of exhaustive research on various protein types. :)

Not to mention those who mentioned it in this thread can probably attest to the great taste. ;)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IsoFlex and Beverly Muscle Provider are the best options on the market for whey.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Is there any particular reason for just whey?

I've always given more preference to casein/whey blends. If your open to the idea of a blend I'd give the write up on Selectprotein.com a read. The blend of MPI, WPC, and additional Leucinr was chosen after quite a bit of exhaustive research on various protein types. :)

Not to mention those who mentioned it in this thread can probably attest to the great taste. ;)
^great post

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I would assume most effective means best profile. With MPI, WPC80, and leucine peptides, I'm not sure you can find something better than select protein, profile-wise.

Read more here: selectprotein.com

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
PES Select
Isotean
and for me just recently got Mass Gainz which tastes crazy good.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
PES Select, Isotean (check sportsnutritiononline.com for a great deal on this), and RawFusion are good choices.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dymatize Elite Whey for straight whey.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
There are better choice than Whey, high quality blend is the way to go

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I have tried 'them all'. OxyElite Protein is the best working protein (other than PES select IMO) and I have never tasted a better protein. 21.00 for 2lbs at NP.

Swolljaboi

Awards
Isoflex is fantastic if you have cash hanging out of your anus. I usually just use gold standard or dymatize elite.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
OxyElite Protein is the best working protein.
wow - that is the epitome of "opinion"
but just in case you base it on something else, could you please enlighten us on a point-by-point basis as to why you would come to such an emphatic and point-blank conclusion? and when the protein is not "working", what does it do in its spare time for fun?
enquiring minds want to know

cash hanging out of your anus..
what a strange place to bank your $
:blink:

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
wow - that is the epitome of "opinion"
but just in case you base it on something else, could you please enlighten us on a point-by-point basis as to why you would come to such an emphatic and point-blank conclusion? and when the protein is not "working", what does it do in its spare time for fun?
enquiring minds want to know

what a strange place to bank your $
:blink:
Try it for yourself finflex pimp....and maybe read the hundreds of positive threads and reviews before shooting your mouth off. Why pimps like you give your companies bad names buy making idots of themselves in front of the very folks that put food in your families mouth, the real folks (non pimps) that have been on this forum for years will never know. Class it up bud.....or get another job.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try it for yourself finflex pimp....and maybe read the hundreds of positive threads and reviews before shooting your mouth off. Why pimps like you give your companies bad names buy making idots of themselves in front of the very folks that put food in your families mouth, the real folks (non pimps) that have been on this forum for years will never know. Class it up bud.....or get another job.
lol...wut?

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I like Protean personally, and while I might be biased I have tried a crapload. My favorite is the newish Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie - it tastes ridiculously good. Lots of other good options out there, XF is always top notch, and my other favorite.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap! A lot of responses. I'm gonna review them all and get back to you guys on what I like from that list

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Im pretty sure snags was just wondering how you notice if a protein is "working" or not

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Im pretty sure snags was just wondering how you notice if a protein is "working" or not
always interesting to view the array of responses some ppl on here have to very simple and harmless questions..
wow, that one was definitely out there tho, lol

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
the only thing I really got out of all that gibberish is that you do not consider yourself a pimp
thanks for the off-the-wall response to my simple request for you to clarify your bold statement
I can see now that you have no basis for your claim, other than anecdotal pimping you have read by others
shrewd of you

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like Protean personally, and while I might be biased I have tried a crapload. My favorite is the newish Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie - it tastes ridiculously good. Lots of other good options out there, XF is always top notch, and my other favorite.
XF any flavor for sure.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
USP oxyelite is definitely one of the best tasting I've had so far and many others seem to agree. I was using NOW unflavored whey protein isolate to avoid the artificial sweeteners and stuff for a while. I think overall WPI made me feel less bloated than the others I've tried but if your going for taste def give oxyelite a try. And before anyone jumps all over me this is an opinion only, not fact.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
the only thing I really got out of all that gibberish is that you do not consider yourself a pimp
thanks for the off-the-wall response to my simple request for you to clarify your bold statement
I can see now that you have no basis for your claim, other than anecdotal pimping you have read by others
shrewd of you
Well my answer was for OP not what s/b a well educated pimp.
So here is my answer for you: OxyElite has one of the best profiles out there. What's important is that I notice greater recovery and less GI issues than the so called best ones out there today (i.e. Select, Isotean). Best taste bar none and best (currently) price at NP. I have been using protein powder since most likely before you were born. So I am comparing this too all the great ones and crappy ones that I have tried for past 38 years of buying protein. I am supp junkie and that's my opinion. You have to remember that as a company rep, you are representing your company. Best to always take the high road. I don't think your suited for this role. Best to take a close look at how reps at PES for example respond.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
USP oxyelite is definitely one of the best tasting I've had so far and many others seem to agree. I was using NOW unflavored whey protein isolate to avoid the artificial sweeteners and stuff for a while. I think overall WPI made me feel less bloated than the others I've tried but if your going for taste def give oxyelite a try. And before anyone jumps all over me this is an opinion only, not fact.
fantastic, nicely put

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I have been using protein powder since most likely before you were born.
lol..
probably not, but you are so far off in la-la-land right now with all of your assumptions, keep on going dude
You have to remember that as a company rep, you are representing your company. Best to always take the high road. I don't think your suited for this role. Best to take a close look at how reps at PES for example respond.
full of all sorts of opinions, aren't you?
but -- short on factual relevancy, always
carry on sir, don't have yourself a heart attack or stroke or some such thing...

I am supp junkie and that's my opinion..
and FINALLY! there we have it
wonderful....see, was that so hard?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
And lol....I must have 20-25 cans of OxyElite in the basement.....got to hord when the price is right.

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Well my answer was for OP not what s/b a well educated pimp.
So here is my answer for you: OxyElite has one of the best profiles out there. What's important is that I notice greater recovery and less GI issues than the so called best ones out there today (i.e. Select, Isotean). Best taste bar none and best (currently) price at NP. I have been using protein powder since most likely before you were born. So I am comparing this too all the great ones and crappy ones that I have tried for past 38 years of buying protein. I am supp junkie and that's my opinion. You have to remember that as a company rep, you are representing your company. Best to always take the high road. I don't think your suited for this role. Best to take a close look at how reps at PES for example respond.
lol..
probably not, but you are so far off in la-la-land right now with all of your assumptions, keep on going dude
full of all sorts of opinions, aren't you?
but -- short on factual relevancy, always
carry on sir, don't have yourself a heart attack or stroke or some such thing...

and FINALLY! there we have it
wonderful....see, was that so hard?
***Popcorn ready...looking forward to the show!***

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
who are you?
careful man, cheering from the sidelines when you are not a participant on the field, can be dangerous

Not cheering brother...just bought a ticket to the show & waiting for the matinee! :beerchug:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Not cheering brother...just bought a ticket to the show & waiting for the matinee! :beerchug:
ahh I see..no worries man
no drama going on here, at least not on my part
I honestly was simply curious to the rationale of someone who states "xyz protein is the BEST working protein out there" -- regardless of what protein is being talked about, whether I like said protein or not, etc etc
sometimes it's just nice to see how ppl think, what "makes it" for them
certainly, I received more in response than what I was searching for

But how much steak do you have in your freezer?
ahh, a man among my own frame of mind here
real food, ftw

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, I'm seeing a lot of love for Oxyelite here, def gonna have to check it out! But yes, steak for the win, just wish it was cheaper. I love steak! Steak, eggs, chicken, turkey, bison, tuna, fish, shellfish, if it's got protein, I'll eat it. I'm definitely a protein junkie, as well as a stim junkie haha

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This.. Whey is just Whey its meant to hit your protein intake you do not get from whole food

Do you like blends?
Straight Whey?
Are you lactose and need an isolate?

I would suggest:

XF Whey/2.0
Pronom by CL
Cellucor Cor Performance
USP Labs Oxy Elite Protein
BIOX
Scivation Whey
PES Select

Pretty good companies and good flavoring that have 0 fillers in their product.
Whey Concentrate: San Titanium Whey (cost effective/good macros/Chocolate Graham Cracker tasted good)
Blend: Pronom, USP OxyElite Protein, PES Select
I have tried 'them all'. OxyElite Protein is the best working protein (other than PES select IMO) and I have never tasted a better protein. 21.00 for 2lbs at NP.
Isoflex, Giant, USP oxyprotein, Trutein, Select
For whey, nothing beats Cor-Performance from Cellucor with the deals, price, and flavors

For a blend it's a toss up between Select and Oxy Elite Protein
Thanks for all the OxyELITE Protein love!

Hmm, I'm seeing a lot of love for Oxyelite here, def gonna have to check it out! But yes, steak for the win, just wish it was cheaper. I love steak! Steak, eggs, chicken, turkey, bison, tuna, fish, shellfish, if it's got protein, I'll eat it. I'm definitely a protein junkie, as well as a stim junkie haha
Look forward to hearing what you think, man. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the flavors. It's a great time to give it a shot as well (or stock up), with the current price at NP.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/search?query=oxyelite+protein

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just mix the powder with water to create fluffy consistency and them microwave?
I mixed 1 scoop protein, 1/4 cup almond milk, and 1tsp baking powder. Spread the sludge on a plate and microwave at 60% power. Cooking time can vary, depending on the microwave, but mine was perfect after 2 minutes.