Rhodiola Rosea/Bacopa Monnieri/Aswhaganda

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
I have on hands those 3 products , i'm suffering from social phobia/anxiety disorders since i'm like 12.

I've tested Aswhaganda , without success , didn't feel any reduce anxiety , or better mood, i'm on it since 2 weeks now.

Do you have great effects from Rhodiola and Bacopa ? if one of you suffer from social anxiety , or other anxiety disorders , and had some results with those plants , tell me , could be interesting.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Have you sought the advice of a Doctor? It won't necessarily mean you have to take Rx-Drugs, but at least you will have more options. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can be extremely effective in this realm.

The last thing I would suggest is trying to fix the problem by yourself.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Have you sought the advice of a Doctor? It won't necessarily mean you have to take Rx-Drugs, but at least you will have more options. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can be extremely effective in this realm.

The last thing I would suggest is trying to fix the problem by yourself.
Yes , i've seen a psychologist etc , it didn't help me sadlly.. or i had to continu for years , to maybe help me a little.
I don't know what to do , seriously , that's why i'm trying all kind of plants.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
What did you try with the Psychologist if you don't mind me asking? Just Rx or did you try different Therapy sessions/methods?

To be completely honest, if other things didn't help, I wouldn't put a huge amount of stock in the aforementioned herbs. Yes, they can be extremely effective for a lot of things, but with ongoing issues there are most likely certain predisposing/underlying factors that must be solved. Herbs by themselves rarely do that.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
What did you try with the Psychologist if you don't mind me asking? Just Rx or did you try different Therapy sessions/methods?

To be completely honest, if other things didn't help, I wouldn't put a huge amount of stock in the aforementioned herbs. Yes, they can be extremely effective for a lot of things, but with ongoing issues there are most likely certain predisposing/underlying factors that must be solved. Herbs by themselves rarely do that.
Yea i know , it can only help a little , if i'm lucky.

Well , they ask you questions about your childhood etc , about how i'm feeling , why i'm anxious etc etc , and they write everything on a paper , then bye.
No exercices or anything

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I've tested Aswhaganda , without success , didn't feel any reduce anxiety , or better mood, i'm on it since 2 weeks now.
I found it effective somewhere inside a couple weeks using 2.5g at breakfast and another 2.5g with dinner. Stuff's cheap enough, if you're not already dosing that high.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
I found it effective using 2.5g at breakfast and another 2.5g with dinner. Stuff's cheap enough, if you're not already dosing that high.
i was using like 500-750 mg / day , do you suffer from high anxiety / social phobia? maybe i can try to dose it like you do

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I intended to use it as a test booster, actually (5g is a day is tested dose for T). I found myself more inclined to stoicism when using it. I don't know if using less would be as effective as I didn't use less, I just know 5g had a positive effect on mood for me. Besides... if it's not working at a low dose, may as well burn through it faster.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I intended to use it as a test booster, actually (5g is a day is tested dose for T). I found myself more inclined to stoicism when using it. I don't know if using less would be as effective as I didn't use less, I just know 5g had a positive effect on mood for me. Besides... if it's not working at a low dose, may as well burn through it faster.
I have never heard Aswhaganda being used for that purpose. I did a quick search and found the link below. I'm assuming there is a conflicting study somewhere?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12508132

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Psychologists aren't what you want. Look for qualified psychiatrists, esp. For cognitive behavioral therapy
Please listen to this man.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hey Jimbuick,

On the Adrenosurge are the Bacopa/Ashwaghanda standardized to a certain amount of Bacosides or Withanolides? The Rhodiola extract is NICE at 8% for sure. I like some of the other stuff in there as well, although I admit I need to do further research on a few. Should be a solid product.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Jimbuick,

On the Adrenosurge are the Bacopa/Ashwaghanda standardized to a certain amount of Bacosides or Withanolides? The Rhodiola extract is NICE at 8% for sure. I like some of the other stuff in there as well, although I admit I need to do further research on a few. Should be a solid product.
Hmm, I'm not sure honestly.