Best recovery supplement?

DaLegend4445

Awards
I was wondering what the best recovery supplement is. I lift hard and heavy and play sports. I need a supplement that will let me lift hard and play the next day. Thanks

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Suggest Mass Pro Synthagen.

Google any review you'd like, is tops for recovery/mitigating DOMS.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Instantized BCAA

5g Pre workout
5g Post workout

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A few months ago I had good success with NMDA from Intimidate SRT

other than that, simple Bcaa's, Proteins and even though ppl hate it, I find glutamine helps with DOMS

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Before looking at supps for recovery, I would look at other issues.

How is your nutrition and sleep? Are you bulking, cutting, maintaining? What is your protein intake? Do you do any type of active recovery?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
LCLT and Beta Alanine can help with mild soreness but they are no replacement for rest and nutrient consumption.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
gonna be tough to find an all-in-one type otc product...
we like a triumvirate product approach here at FINAFLEX:

BCAA+SAA for periworkout needs (or anytime thru the day)
Max Pump for preworkout (to power the workout and aid in active-recovery while exercising)
G8 for the deep rest & rehabilitative effects that repair while you are sleeping

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
MyoBuild from MT is probably number 1. LCLT, Betaine, Creatine HCL, BCAA's, Adaptogens... Tough to beat.

I think Growth Factor XT from SNS is up there. LCLT + improved sleep quality = better overall recovery.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're getting adequate protein and having recovery issues, looking at your sleep is probably one of the first places you should look.A combination GH/Sleep product such as the brand new Growth Factor XT should do nicely, or a more purely sleep aimed product such as Nimbus Abyss might be very helpful for you.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
If you're getting adequate protein and having recovery issues, looking at your sleep is probably one of the first places you should look.A combination GH/Sleep product such as the brand new Growth Factor XT should do nicely, or a more purely sleep aimed product such as Nimbus Abyss might be very helpful for you.
Magnesium alone can even do the trick.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
First things first,

Consume adequate protein during the day and focus on peri-workout nutrition. I myself like a pre-workout meal, intra workout carb or amino source and a post workout meal. I've done almost every type of diet currently available to some degree (the ones most commonly parroted on forums) and by far the best ones for recovery and growth, even if just anecdotal, are those than focus on peri-workout nutrition.

If you have that done, then ensure you are getting adequate sleep, and good quality sleep. Recently i've made my room to be only about sleeping (removed my TV and weights gear and put them in the adjoining room) and limit watching TV close to bedtime; light stimulates the mind and may hinder your sleep.

I often turn on my fan at night or have some sort of constant noise in the background (i.e. listen to soundtracks of the ocean or some****). This should help sleep quality.

Once you have done all of these things, a supplement may be useful to help induce an even better sleep or at least complement these things. For that, I like L-dopa, GABA as other goodies like those found in Growth Factor XT.

However recovery begins with your diet and sleep and ensuring you have enough rest days.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was wondering what the best recovery supplement is. I lift hard and heavy and play sports. I need a supplement that will let me lift hard and play the next day. Thanks
I like my creatine patch post workout for soreness and I like my amino patch. Helps with doms!!

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Karbolyn+10-25g of pepto pro. Slip throughout your workout.

no shotgun has peptopro in it and it tastes pretty good (WAY better than what plane peptopro taste like) plus it has stims for energy (they make a no stim version also for intra-workouts).

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Before looking at supps for recovery, I would look at other issues.

How is your nutrition and sleep? Are you bulking, cutting, maintaining? What is your protein intake? Do you do any type of active recovery?
This...

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Definitely add some growth factor Xt. Nothing will help recovery like a good nights sleep. Also it helps with mood, libido, and of course gains :) it's very affordable at lockout supplements right now! Check it out.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
This is only the 6th full review in that form ...
I think it helps a lot of people who have had positive experiences as well, heck, it might not even inspire people to implant themselves in that field or start studying. :D
you might want to hire a proof-reader, if you are going to have these reviews be all professional-looking and blemish-free
just some .02

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blog pics reminded me of

amarula

Awards
Thanks man! This is only the 6th full review in that form, I've been toying with different designs, so the blog still has a lot of work! Right now it looks better on your typical mobile device, but this is sure to change. I will be writing more review's as well, the research part is very important, I think it helps a lot of people who have had positive experiences as well, heck, it might not even inspire people to implant themselves in that field or start studying. :D
Honest question: you say that ABE helped you put 6lbs of muscle in 4 weeks (that is alot). What other supps were you taking, if any, and were you passing from a cut to a bulk?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I heard their really high in protein...
some dude recently on that show Shark Tank was trying to get his company off the ground -- they specialized in organic grasshopper protein bars or something off the wall like that..
and one of the investors bought in -- true story

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
some dude recently on that show Shark Tank was trying to get his company off the ground -- they specialized in organic grasshopper protein bars or something off the wall like that..
and one of the investors bought in -- true story
Organic market is big nowadays - surely it has potential.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Syntha-6, Amino Acids, nothin else. Eating high protein diet; alligator meat, bison steak twice a day, bagged pre-packaged insects. Crazy ****. :pMantaining high EFA/Omega intake.
Modern day paleo to the extreme.

SNOman

SNOman

Awards
Growth Factor , Amino IV, COP should be on the top of the list

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

amarula

Awards
Syntha-6, Amino Acids, nothin else. Eating high protein diet; alligator meat, bison steak twice a day, bagged pre-packaged insects. Crazy ****. :pMantaining high EFA/Omega intake.
Are you na experienced lifter? More than 3/4 years of training?

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Great review daAMx

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
For some reason I can only see the first couple posts, yet it shows 3 pages worth. So incase it hasnt been mentioned, and if you are still looking I had success with Intimidate SRT. Helped me sleep which helps a lot with recovery.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Lights Out for sleep and Compete for intra-workout needs. Should combine to help with recovery, although as has been mentioned there aren't really any all in one recovery supps. It would be more of a combination of factors to reduce recovery time and soreness. Hydration is also key, but the most paramount is sleep.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bulk ALCAR, Bulk LCLT, Formutech Endurance pre-workout, Formutech Perform intra and/or post workout. Also, DOMS get better with time, the longer you've been lifting the (typically) less sore you tend to get unless you just started doing something totally new. Just ride it out and have patience, but LCLT and properly timed BCAA supplementation definitely help

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Used two bottles when I was cutting. Very good results in terms of recovery, energy, well being
Thanks brother. This kind of feedback is typical for Mass Pro Synthagen, very consistent and I'm glad you did well with it. Great deal going on right now for it too, 15% off...

amarula

Awards
Thanks brother. This kind of feedback is typical for Mass Pro Synthagen, very consistent and I'm glad you did well with it. Great deal going on right now for it too, 15% off...
No problem, this product deserves more recognition

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No problem, this product deserves more recognition
Yeah I know. There are no flashy labels, "pro" endorsements etc, LOL. It has an uncanny ability to recover you FAST, with that "feel good" quality to it. If OP is really interested in mitigating DOMS/recovering lightening quick - this is it. To be fair, there are other quality products in this thread. Once somebody tries Synthagen though, they become repeat customers.

One of the measuring sticks IMO, of a quality/effective product...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I know. There are no flashy labels, "pro" endorsements etc, LOL. It has an uncanny ability to recover you FAST, with that "feel good" quality to it. If OP is really interested in mitigating DOMS/recovering lightening quick - this is it. To be fair, there are other quality products in this thread. Once somebody tries Synthagen though, they become repeat customers.

One of the measuring sticks IMO, of a quality/effective product...
Repeat customers tell the whole story, we see people stocking up with a half dozen bottles of X-Factor each when we run sales.

I've been meaning to try MPS, looks like a terrific product and the feedback has been stellar.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Repeat customers tell the whole story, we see people stocking up with a half dozen bottles of X-Factor each when we run sales.

I've been meaning to try MPS, looks like a terrific product and the feedback has been stellar.
Yep, they stack exceptionally well together too.

Odd given XFA's purported MOA. Not so odd, after you study localized vs. systemic inflammation! :)