Is my USP Super Cissus fake???

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I looked for a USP company forum but I guess there isn't one.

I have been using Super Cissus for years. I opened a new bottle today, and the pills are all white with no lettering on them. I have never seen that before. The ink on the bottle is also a darker blue than the other bottles I have. I opened a cap and the powder inside is a whitish-tan color (much lighter than I remember the bulk super cissus powder being). The exp. date is later than other bottles, so I don't know if this is a new change to the bottle and pill design, or if I might have gotten fake pills.

USP reps, please let me know if this is the way the pills are supposed to look now (blank white, no writing at all), or if I got a fake bottle. Thanks!

Best,
Tyler

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Hi, I looked for a USP company forum but I guess there isn't one. I have been using Super Cissus for years. I opened a new bottle today, and the pills are all white with no lettering on them. I have never seen that before. The ink on the bottle is also a darker blue than the other bottles I have. I opened a cap and the powder inside is a whitish-tan color (much lighter than I remember the bulk super cissus powder being). The exp. date is later than other bottles, so I don't know if this is a new change to the bottle and pill design, or if I might have gotten fake pills. USP reps, please let me know if this is the way the pills are supposed to look now (blank white, no writing at all), or if I got a fake bottle. Thanks! Best, Tyler
Most importantly..where did you buy the bottles from?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi,

I looked for a USP company forum but I guess there isn't one.

I have been using Super Cissus for years. I opened a new bottle today, and the pills are all white with no lettering on them. I have never seen that before. The ink on the bottle is also a darker blue than the other bottles I have. I opened a cap and the powder inside is a whitish-tan color (much lighter than I remember the bulk super cissus powder being). The exp. date is later than other bottles, so I don't know if this is a new change to the bottle and pill design, or if I might have gotten fake pills.

USP reps, please let me know if this is the way the pills are supposed to look now (blank white, no writing at all), or if I got a fake bottle. Thanks!

Best,
Tyler
Hey Tyler. Did you purchase the SuperCissus® from a reputable distributor? It would be hard for me to tell if you've received legitimate product without seeing a picture. Either way, our Customer Service department would be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry. Please contact them by calling 1-800-890-3067 (9am - 5pm EST Monday-Friday) or using the link below.

http://usplabsdirect.com/contacts

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the heads up, Ben. :)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hey Tyler. Did you purchase the SuperCissus® from a reputable distributor? It would be hard for me to tell if you've received legitimate product without seeing a picture. Either way, our Customer Service department would be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry. Please contact them by calling 1-800-890-3067 (9am - 5pm EST Monday-Friday) or using the link below.

http://usplabsdirect.com/contacts

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the heads up, Ben. :)
Thanks man, and thanks to Ben as well for pointing you here. I get most of my supps from Nutraplanet, but I occasionally get from other distributors. Should I post a pic here, or should I email/PM you? I don't know if PMs can have pics, but if you prefer email, please let me know. Thanks!

If it helps the lot # is N08460-B or H08460-B (the first letter is on the seal so hard to tell N from H) and exp is 09/2016

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that seemed really strange is that the pills don't say "Super Cissus" on them. The other bottles I have contains off-white caps that say "Super Cissus in green letters. This one has blank white caps that are a bit easier to open. The powder inside seems to be the same or close to it. Did USP change to that type of cap?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No problem, Tyler. The best way to handle this would be by speaking with Customer Service directly, as they handle these types of inquiries regularly. If you provide them the lot #, exp. date, where it was purchased, etc. they will get you squared away.

Thanks!

Matt

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
No problem, Tyler. The best way to handle this would be by speaking with Customer Service directly, as they handle these types of inquiries regularly. If you provide them the lot #, exp. date, where it was purchased, etc. they will get you squared away.

Thanks!

Matt
Thanks so much for the speedy reply (again). Is there an Email for customer service (I'm out of the US most of the time)?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks so much for the speedy reply (again). Is there an Email for customer service (I'm out of the US most of the time)?
You can send them a message using the link provided in my first response. I believe the "1-800" Customer Service number should be free of charge, regardless of your location; however, I've never lived outside of the US.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
You can send them a message using the link provided in my first response. I believe the "1-800" Customer Service number should be free of charge, regardless of your location; however, I've never lived outside of the US.
Haha, my bad I did not see that link at first (800 numbers are only toll free inside the US). Thanks!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, my bad I did not see that link at first (800 numbers are only toll free inside the US). Thanks!
No problem, Tyler!

GH247

GH247

Awards
The only thing that seemed really strange is that the pills don't say "Super Cissus" on them. The other bottles I have contains off-white caps that say "Super Cissus in green letters. This one has blank white caps that are a bit easier to open. The powder inside seems to be the same or close to it. Did USP change to that type of cap?
Tyrub42, just thought I'd let you know that I recently bought a bottle from nutraplanet and the caps are all white as well.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look for the hologram on the bottle. The new bottles now have unprinted caps inside of them. The last 6 bottles I've used have been that way. I just assume it was a cost-cutter to be able to give us the bigger bottle without raising the cost too much. I would say that if you got it from Nutraplanet, you've got no worries!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Tyrub42, just thought I'd let you know that I recently bought a bottle from nutraplanet and the caps are all white as well.
Look for the hologram on the bottle. The new bottles now have unprinted caps inside of them. The last 6 bottles I've used have been that way. I just assume it was a cost-cutter to be able to give us the bigger bottle without raising the cost too much. I would say that if you got it from Nutraplanet, you've got no worries!
OK awesome, thanks guys! Between the darker color blue on the bottle and blank caps I was a little bit weary of it, but if they switched to blank caps I'm sure it's fine. Thanks again!

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Phone call to CS will get it all worked out for ya!

Miek