X-Gels

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
Hey guys, new to the forum.

I am 5'8, 200 lbs, roughly 14% bodyfat. Been cutting from about 210 at 17% bf. Used to be assisted, over a year ago, no longer am. I am currently just trying to slowly lean out and retain as much size as possible.

So, I just received an order of X-gels and am excited to give them a try. Just a few general questions for those that have used them.

Recommended dose on bottle is 4 caps pre-workout, however I have seen many users on multiple forums stating that they have been finding better results with eight caps, hitting the 2 gram mark. Should I just start with 4?

Also, I can't seem to find the post, but I seem to remember someone saying that fish oil would negatively interact with the x-gels? I haven't been good about my fish oils or multis, but wanted to start lol. Is this a real thing or was someone just full of it?

Finally, what were your results?!?

thanks guys

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Start out with the label recommendation of 1g, 1 hour preworkout for now just to make sure you aren't one of the people who gets joint pain or headaches from arachidonic acid.

Did you pick up some ALCAR or GMS to take along with your X-gels?

Regarding Fish oil. take your Fish Oil as many hours away from your X-gels in the day as you can to avoid any interactions there.

Thanks for picking up X-gels and I hope you enjoy the product, let me know if you have any more questions!

Reactions: mw1
flexfit

flexfit

Awards
Start out with the label recommendation of 1g, 1 hour preworkout for now just to make sure you aren't one of the people who gets joint pain or headaches from arachidonic acid.

Regarding Fish oil. take your Fish Oil as many hours away from your X-gels in the day as you can to avoid any interactions there.

Thanks for picking up X-gels and I hope you enjoy the product, let me know if you have any more questions!
Thanks for the prompt and informative reply man!

I picked up Glycophase about a week ago, been taking one before breakfast and one before my afternoon pre-workout meal. TBH, haven't noticed much from it as of yet...was really hoping for an extra boost during this grueling cutting phase lol. I hate the ugly duckling part of cutting, where you go from big and pumped to flacid but not that lean yet haha.

So does fish oil take away from the efficacy of the X-gels? And what is the benefit of adding ALCAR?

Thanks agian.

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

^ What he said

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the prompt and informative reply man!

I picked up Glycophase about a week ago, been taking one before breakfast and one before my afternoon pre-workout meal. TBH, haven't noticed much from it as of yet...was really hoping for an extra boost during this grueling cutting phase lol. I hate the ugly duckling part of cutting, where you go from big and pumped to flacid but not that lean yet haha.

So does fish oil take away from the efficacy of the X-gels? And what is the benefit of adding ALCAR?

Thanks agian.
It could take away from the effects if taken at the same time, yes. A great deal of the effects of fats are based on omega 6:3 ratio. Taking X-gels is increasing that ratio, taking fish oil is reducing that ratio.

Some of arachidonic acids (undesirable) effects are on platelet aggregation and vasoconstriction.

Carnitine can reduce arachidonic accumulation in platelet phospholipids minimizing those effects(1), this lets you both assure that more arachidonic acid is available to tissues you want it reaching (muscle), while also increasing the net vasodilation effect of arachidonic acid.

Let me know if that makes sense.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great purchase, you'll surely love the gains on arachidonic acid!

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
Thanks everybody!

Wait, I'm confused though. I thought ARA was a vasodialator? but you're saying Some of arachidonic acids (undesirable) effects are on platelet aggregation and vasoconstriction.

I figured if anything this stuff would potentially lower blood pressure slightly, but if it's a constrictor it has the potential to raise it?

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everybody!Wait, I'm confused though. I thought ARA was a vasodialator? but you're saying Some of arachidonic acids (undesirable) effects are on platelet aggregation and vasoconstriction.I figured if anything this stuff would potentially lower blood pressure slightly, but if it's a constrictor it has the potential to raise it?
Okay, so arachidonic acid has affects on pathways that induce both vasodilation and vasoconstriction. Overall, there is a net effect of vasodilation. By reducing the vasoconstriction component you can make the effective vasodilation greater

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
Okay, so arachidonic acid has affects on pathways that induce both vasodilation and vasoconstriction. Overall, there is a net effect of vasodilation. By reducing the vasoconstriction component you can make the effective vasodilation greater
ahhh...ok that makes more sense lol. thanks for the clarification!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
ahhh...ok that makes more sense lol. thanks for the clarification!
De__eB has it covered.

Fish oil also fights for metabolism with Ara so thats another reason to avoid it around Ara dosing times

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
For your next run with ArA you should really consider purchasing some carnitine + GMS to run alongside it. Really makes a big difference IMO (esp with teh pumpz)

As far as dosing as said, stick with four for atleast a week or so before considering moving the dose around (unless you are moving it down then do so when you feel needed). A lot of people actually prefer 1.5g to 2g (so 6 caps) and I feel you will as well

GL man, I'm sure you'll enjoy it

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I hate the ugly duckling part of cutting, where you go from big and pumped to flacid but not that lean yet haha.
Lol I hate that too and I'm right there with you.
Agmatine helps with that a little though.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had great pumps on ArA

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
I had great pumps on ArA
Yea I'm actually getting pretty good pumps as well on 1 gram. Particularly on chest day, solid titties.

I am getting a headache and general unwell feeling during the workout though. Not sure if I can truly attributes it to the ARA or combination of allergies and being on restricted calories. Anyone else experience anything like that on ARA?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yea I'm actually getting pretty good pumps as well on 1 gram. Particularly on chest day, solid titties.

I am getting a headache and general unwell feeling during the workout though. Not sure if I can truly attributes it to the ARA or combination of allergies and being on restricted calories. Anyone else experience anything like that on ARA?
Were you experiencing the headaches and such before starting ArA?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I would probably attribute this to the restricted calories, but it might be the ArA. I always feel like ****/have head aches when dieting. At least for the first week or two until my body adjusts.

J

jumpin jack

Awards
TBH I can't be sure lol. I'll see how it goes after a couple more days.
I started out with 1g per day and notice some very rough headaches. Backed it down to 2 caps for a couple workouts and then 3 caps for a couple and am now back to 4 caps (1g) and the headaches are no longer there. Going to bump to 5 then 6 caps slowly.

Might give that a shot to see if that helps. .

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
I started out with 1g per day and notice some very rough headaches. Backed it down to 2 caps for a couple workouts and then 3 caps for a couple and am now back to 4 caps (1g) and the headaches are no longer there. Going to bump to 5 then 6 caps slowly.

Might give that a shot to see if that helps. .
Thanks man I will give that a shot! Allergies and everything has been tough enough lol, certainly don't need anything adding to the headaches.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man I will give that a shot! Allergies and everything has been tough enough lol, certainly don't need anything adding to the headaches.
I seem to deal with headaches all the time, but I didn't notice any increase in frequency, intensity, or duration when running x-gels at 2g/day. But there's not harm in backing it down for a bit and then gradually stepping it back up.

Good luck with the allergies. They've been killing everyone this year it seems.

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
I seem to deal with headaches all the time, but I didn't notice any increase in frequency, intensity, or duration when running x-gels at 2g/day. But there's not harm in backing it down for a bit and then gradually stepping it back up.

Yea, I'm wondering if I'm just having headaches simply because lol. It's so frustrating when I'm trying to get all my **** straight and that's just one more thing to deal with. I graduate with my bachelors in August so I'm super busy with school right now (actually writing a 8,000-10,000 word paper for my senior seminar at the moment lol), so I've been kind of hit or miss in the gym lately. I'd really like to step it back up and then some, which is why I went out and bought some new supps haha.

Thanks for the support!

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I'm wondering if I'm just having headaches simply because lol. It's so frustrating when I'm trying to get all my **** straight and that's just one more thing to deal with. I graduate with my bachelors in August so I'm super busy with school right now (actually writing a 8,000-10,000 word paper for my senior seminar at the moment lol), so I've been kind of hit or miss in the gym lately. I'd really like to step it back up and then some, which is why I went out and bought some new supps haha.

Thanks for the support!
If you can, find some time and get a nice deep massage. I find that my headaches are always relieved once I can get the muscles to loosen up a bit. And staring at a computer all day (especially depending on the angle) is a good way to exacerbate that.

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
If you can, find some time and get a nice deep massage. I find that my headaches are always relieved once I can get the muscles to loosen up a bit. And staring at a computer all day (especially depending on the angle) is a good way to exacerbate that.
It's funny you mention the massage...I got one the other day with my fiance. The dude didn't do it nearly hard enough though lol.

And I spend entirely too much time sitting in front of the computer researching and writing. I think I may sit too low from the screen. Maybe I should try raising the seat to be more level, or even above the monitor slightly.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you never used it before, I'd do an 8 week run at 4 caps pre-workout to start.

Mike

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
Totally off topic, but have any of you tried alphamine? I've never been a big fat burner guy but might want to try a nice thermogenic as long as it does not make me jittery and **** lol.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
It's funny you mention the massage...I got one the other day with my fiance. The dude didn't do it nearly hard enough though lol.

And I spend entirely too much time sitting in front of the computer researching and writing. I think I may sit too low from the screen. Maybe I should try raising the seat to be more level, or even above the monitor slightly.
A good massage therapist is hard to find. Next time, don't be afraid to provide feedback during the massage. The only way they know if it's deep enough for you is if you tell them, because everyone is different.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Totally off topic, but have any of you tried alphamine? I've never been a big fat burner guy but might want to try a nice thermogenic as long as it does not make me jittery and **** lol.
Its good man. Prob the best all in one fat burner on the market

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pretty sure everyone on this forum has. I'm not into stims at all but I like it. Smooth energy, no jitters

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cool! How about its fat burning properties? Noticeable?
I can't comment on that since I've on been using it for 3 days but others around here rave about it's fatloss effects which is what sold me on it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Cool! How about its fat burning properties? Noticeable?
Yeah it's good at that :D

The Yohimbine + Caffeine combo is the star of that formula WRT fat burning and the added HICA helps with muscle sparing. I just recently started using Yohimbine 2.5 + caffeine instead though as Yohimbine isnt techincally allowed in NZ but the bottles are smaller so they get through :D

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
Yeah it's good at that :D

The Yohimbine + Caffeine combo is the star of that formula WRT fat burning and the added HICA helps with muscle sparing. I just recently started using Yohimbine 2.5 + caffeine instead though as Yohimbine isnt techincally allowed in NZ but the bottles are smaller so they get through :D
It always boggles my mind as to what each individual country deems legal or not lol.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It always boggles my mind as to what each individual country deems legal or not lol.
I know, right? It's silly. I can kind of see why it would be restricted, given that it induces anxiety, but being banned? Sigh. Everything gets banned here.

I'm surprised fish oil is still available OTC :p

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
I caved and bought some fruit punch Alphamine. Going to replace my morning coffee with it. Stoked!

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
I know, right? It's silly. I can kind of see why it would be restricted, given that it induces anxiety, but being banned? Sigh. Everything gets banned here.

I'm surprised fish oil is still available OTC :p
Shhh...PETA might hear. I mean, FISH oil...

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Seems like most people I'm around are suffering from allergies right now.

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
Seems like most people I'm around are suffering from allergies right now.
Yea man its rough this year. I am so tired and lethargic, even with adequate sleep. Granted I'm on restricted calories and unbelievably stressed from my heavy class load lol...but still. Doctor gave me some free Nasinex so I'm going to give that a shot.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The pumps on Ara should be pretty noticeable.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Didn't notice **** honestly lol. Maybe a higher dose would have worked better.
I use 2g pre workout for awesome results. Try it on an empty stomach

S

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
I will. Hopefully i get more than dry joints and DOMS. :)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established