Vitamin K, How much is too much?

aquareef

Awards
Amazon.com: Life Extension Super K with Advanced K2 Complex Softgels, 90-Count: Health & Personal Care

Is it dangerous to take on a daily basis the vitamin from life-extension that i linked above? I've read about possible hemorrhaging and clotting issues but can't get a clear consensus on what an appropriate dosage would be for vitamin K, yet this supplement seems to be a fairly comprehensive complex for the price...

A couple of threads gave me some ideas about supplementing certain vitamins to protect heart/prostate among the other benefits as orals can be harsh, such as this one: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/advanced-discussion-dr/186366-testosterone-vitamin-k2.html

BlackWinging

Awards
From the thread you linked;

In the articles reviewed, however, there was no evidence of toxicity associated with the intake of phytonadione or menaquinone even at a daily dose of the latter of 45 mg (some unexplained skin lesions BUT few and far between).
Which is far more than what's in that supplement. The only likely danger with vitamin k is if you're taking warfarin or other blood thinners since they work against each other. This is also the product I use to get my vitamin k, the large doses and different forms are great for the price.

aquareef

Awards
From the thread you linked;

Which is far more than what's in that supplement. The only likely danger with vitamin k is if you're taking warfarin or other blood thinners since they work against each other. This is also the product I use to get my vitamin k, the large doses and different forms are great for the price.
Awesome, glad to hear it works for you. Thanks for all the replies

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 2
horizons Supplements 62
Supplements 16
Nis1 Supplements 36
Jonbero Supplements 14