Ashwagandha experiences

Kamara

Kamara

Awards
Hi

I would like to know, if any of you guys have experiences with ashwagandha. Im interested in the advantages it does for bodybuilding and also anxiety. I would also like to know, if anyone have experience on long term use, and if you guys know, if there are any withdrawal symptoms regarding ashwagandha, as I have read somewhere that i may have an effect on the GABA-receptors. I mean Im pretty interested in the herb, but wont use it, if it has withdrawal symptoms like benzodiazepines.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha is hands down one of the best supplements for anxiety and mental energy. I would recommend stacking it with Bacopa. There are numerous threads about it and I personally have experienced the change.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
LOVE it!!! I combine it with relora for sleep. Sleep great, and don't wake up at 4AM unable to get back to sleep like I used to.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I've personally had better results with Rhodiola but I do like Ashwaganda.

Kamara

Kamara

Awards
How do you gues experience tolerance and withdrawal-symptoms ?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive used it in BioForge, Abyss and Accelerant. All great products in part due to this ingredient.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ive used it in BioForge, Abyss and Accelerant. All great products in part due to this ingredient.
the reviews of bioforge are great, but i never bought it because i didn't see anything that interested me in it's profile.....i might have to rethink this.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the reviews of bioforge are great, but i never bought it because i didn't see anything that interested me in it's profile.....i might have to rethink this.
REALLY solid product, second to X-Factor for strength gains in my experience (of anything natural that Ive ever used).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
REALLY solid product, second to X-Factor for strength gains in my experience (of anything natural that Ive ever used).
i hear that a lot....i am going to try it to see for myself, but the profile just doesn't impress me.

actually i was going to order some on last order...but it was sold out everywhere, lol.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
i'm using it since 10 days , since i'm suffering from anxiety/social phobia , no differences atm

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been using it off and on for years along with rhodiola. Highly recommended.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking ashwaganda (with bacopa) for a little while now and really like it. However, I've also wondered about its longterm use since it may act as both a gaba agonist and acetylcholine erase inhibitor.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking ashwaganda (with bacopa) for a little while now and really like it. However, I've also wondered about its longterm use since it may act as both a gaba agonist and acetylcholine erase inhibitor.
I take a break every 4 months just in case. I don't think this is necessary, but the only things I don't cycle off of are fish oil, super cissus, and food supps like bcaas and protein

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm using it since 10 days , since i'm suffering from anxiety/social phobia , no differences atm
But let's be real here, based on your other posts, you are really suffering from more than just anxiety. There is a lot more going on. Ashwagandha is incredible and works for most, but there are some that may need to look another route.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take a break every 4 months just in case. I don't think this is necessary, but the only things I don't cycle off of are fish oil, super cissus, and food supps like bcaas and protein
Even though I do question its longterm use, I probably won't cycle it (or bacopa) unless I physically feel the need or find published information indicating it must be cycled. It (with bacopa) just works so well for my social anxiety.

Kamara

Kamara

Awards
Even though I do question its longterm use, I probably won't cycle it (or bacopa) unless I physically feel the need or find published information indicating it must be cycled. It (with bacopa) just works so well for my social anxiety.
How much do you use ED?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much do you use ED?
I'm still playing with the dosage. I was taking 250 mg (5% extract), three times a day. However, I recently reduced it to just twice each day and so far the effects are just as positive. This is combined with bacopa though (250 mg of a 45% extract, also recently reduced to just two times a day). So, I don't know if it would work as well for my anxiety alone.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
But let's be real here, based on your other posts, you are really suffering from more than just anxiety. There is a lot more going on. Ashwagandha is incredible and works for most, but there are some that may need to look another route.
Ok , what am i suffering from ? tell me please .

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How would I know? You mention lack of confidence, anxiety, not wanting to meet people, etc.. Ashwagandha is only an adaptogen, it can't cure a disorder.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
How would I know? You mention lack of confidence, anxiety, not wanting to meet people, etc.. Ashwagandha is only an adaptogen, it can't cure a disorder.
Yea , as i said : social phobia . And what is social phobia ? anxiety from meeting people , talking in front of a crowd , feeling insecured in the street , like everyone 's watching you negatively.
Every anxious people has quite the same effects .
I never said it would cure a disorder , i just said it didn't help me for the moment.
If it was really working , i can tell you that i would have seen the effects , cause some other things worked for me already .
Maybe it will work on some people , and not on others , like everything

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Just said i'm suffering from social phobia , and you're telling me that i'm suffering from more than just anxiety , you're just repeating what i'm sayin

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Lol, can we wrap this up?
oki doki. lol.

What worked for my anxiety was DHEA ( yea i self medicated for 2 weeks , looked like anxiety was TOTALY gone the first days ).
I've tried so many plants , none of them worked , or maybe a liitttlle , but so little that it's not worth .
People with real anxiety disorders , our only chance is to see a psychiatre + taking medications drugs ( i won't take , don't want to lose my feelings ).
That sucks :(

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't remember if we talked about it, but did you ever look into pregnenolone? That has studies and tons of real life proof that it is very beneficial for GA, especially SA.

Ephedraboy

Ephedraboy

Banned
Awards
Can't remember if we talked about it, but did you ever look into pregnenolone? That has studies and tons of real life proof that it is very beneficial for GA, especially SA.
No never, i'll make some research on it , thanks :)

stan08

Awards
Has anyone used the Gaia Herbs brand of ashwagandha? Wondering how it would compare to the Now brand?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have and still have a 1/2 bottle in the closet. I love Gaia, but feel that it doesn't come close to the NOW brand. I have tried 4 different brands and keep coming back to NOW.

stan08

Awards
I have and still have a 1/2 bottle in the closet. I love Gaia, but feel that it doesn't come close to the NOW brand. I have tried 4 different brands and keep coming back to NOW.
Thanks. Hoping I have better luck with ashwagandha than I did with bacopa. It seemed to make me very irritable for a few hours after taking it. Might try stacking ashwagandha and aniracetam.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What brand of bacopa did you take? That is a very odd reaction to it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, I was just going to recommend that brand. Sorry it didn't work out because I find it to be the best available. It is very strong though.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good thread with some data. There are several other threads if you search around for more info.

I love the ingredient though. I use Sensoril quite often during times when my work and life are more stressful and it does seem to allow me to continue to make improvements in the gym despite this.
Agreed this and rhodiola improved my sleep and stress.

stan08

Awards
Interesting, I was just going to recommend that brand. Sorry it didn't work out because I find it to be the best available. It is very strong though.
Maybe I was taking too much. Was taking 3 to 4 capsules spread throughout the day. Regardless, thanks for the ashwagandha recommendation.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
You know, I got sensoril expecting it to surpass the NOW brand by far, but after the first week or two, I think I will switch back to the NOW brand unless something changes in the next few months. It's not bad at all, but the NOW brand was at least as sedating; probably more.