Just how bad are ara DOMS?

pgno23

Awards
Hey guys,

I have been looking into getting some ara for when I bulk. I have noticed that they will increase your DOMS. Have seen terms like "DOMS from hell"

My question is just how bad are these DOMS and are they bad enough to effect athletic performance after warming up?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DOMS is referring to soreness you feel the day after you workout, not after a warmup.

You shouldn't notice any increased soreness within the context of your workout.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I barely noticed any DOMs and I do high intensity strength training. I don't know about those who do high volume.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm half way thru my run and haven't seen any increase in soreness. I've been lifting for 15 years, so don't know if that has any bearing on that.

pgno23

Awards
DOMS is referring to soreness you feel the day after you workout, not after a warmup.

You shouldn't notice any increased soreness within the context of your workout.
Sorry may have worded that wrong. I mean in the days after if I compete in an athletic event. I'm a pro wrestler and am familiar with DOMS. The warmup I was referring to is after the DOMS kick in. Previously if I am ever experiencing DOMS, if I give myself a good warmup and stretch, the feeling subsides long enough to perform at a high level. (of course adrenaline play a factor here as well) Was wondering how much worse it can be than your average DOMS or if people tend to exagerate.

bdybldnaam

Awards
To be honest I didn't notice any increase in DOMS.
But some people do.

I didn't have joint issues either - even stacked with EP.
But some people do.

So you will probably need to try it to see how much it affects you personally.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry may have worded that wrong. I mean in the days after if I compete in an athletic event. I'm a pro wrestler and am familiar with DOMS. The warmup I was referring to is after the DOMS kick in. Previously if I am ever experiencing DOMS, if I give myself a good warmup and stretch, the feeling subsides long enough to perform at a high level. (of course adrenaline play a factor here as well) Was wondering how much worse it can be than your average DOMS or if people tend to exagerate.
I think it's a combination of people exaggerating, and also partly people over-reaching.If you're a well-trained athlete, I wouldn't see it being an issue, certainly not to the extent that you would suffer hampered performance.

pgno23

Awards
I think it's a combination of people exaggerating, and also partly people over-reaching.If you're a well-trained athlete, I wouldn't see it being an issue, certainly not to the extent that you would suffer hampered performance.
Good enough for me. Look like I'll be giving it a try.

Thanks all for the quick answers

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get doms from ArA...no doubt about that, but they are more in line with when I first started lifting or when someone takes some time off....i thought i'd be in a ton of pain

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went up to 2 grams and had close to zero DOMS.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The DOMS for me isn't that bad at all, but I've been training for a while.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I second this. It's worth trying. I have elbow tendonitis and was hesitant, but ended up having zero issues.
I did as well, tendonitis in my right elbow and and both knees and had no issues with aggravation.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ive noticed increases in DOMs only when lifting really heavy (1RM). I do larger volume workouts all the time and haven't seen any ill effects yet. With that being said I also had very good recovery withing 2 days and strength is shooting up quite nicely. Eating more helps me out alot, but preparation is definitely a much larger factor when looking to recover from and prevent DOMs all together IMO.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I take X-Factor Advanced and I definitely notice it's positive effects. Strength is up and so is muscle fullness. I haven't gotten any DOMS.

And I work dat ****..

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
i have had some really killer doms at times, with it using both xgels/x factor. but really nothing that bad, if you train everything twice a week it will be harder to get sore anyway. and i do feel that slight soreness but its not full on doms. so really not what you think it would be

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So, the consensus appears to be that the DOMS from ArA are sometimes exaggerated, however it's all individualistic.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ive noticed increases in DOMs only when lifting really heavy (1RM). I do larger volume workouts all the time and haven't seen any ill effects yet. With that being said I also had very good recovery withing 2 days and strength is shooting up quite nicely. Eating more helps me out alot, but preparation is definitely a much larger factor when looking to recover from and prevent DOMs all together IMO.

You might be the only person on earth who gets DOMS from a 1RM :D

pgno23

Awards
Thanks guys. Definitely going to give the product a try

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
I dont get doms at all even at 2 grams but I'm using biotest Plazma which completely eliminates muscle soreness so there's that.

1kerry

Awards
2 weeks into XGELS/ABE/DAA/GMS/CREATINE/AMINOIV stack, and after the first 7 workouts, DOMS were intense, way up more than normal, and for more days ... bruises, cramps within the next 2-3 hours on arms or lats are normal for me….

Usually 12-13 hours after workout I start feeling some muscle soreness, since ARA, it takes no more than 9 hours.

Yesterday was my 8th workout, was a back/bicep where I hit a PR on deadlift, and right now almost no soreness =)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very tolerable and welcome in my experience, it's nice to get DOMS again once they become harder and harder to come by the longer you've trained.

The DOMS are couples with some intense fullness... great feeling!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very tolerable and welcome in my experience, it's nice to get DOMS again once they become harder and harder to come by the longer you've trained.

The DOMS are couples with some intense fullness... great feeling!
I will attest to that!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I rarely get DOMs but I must say that I do not really seek to avoid them. I kinda like the pain.

Is that weird?

pgno23

Awards
I rarely get DOMs but I must say that I do not really seek to avoid them. I kinda like the pain.

Is that weird?
Yeah it can be fun. When I first started training and adapting I thought I plateaud at like age 15 when they started going away lol. Thank god I didn't know about this board then cause I probably would have gotten torn a new one from the stuff I would have been posting about that.

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established

Is that weird?
Not weird. I love doms in my chest for some reason. Everybody else probably thinks im weird cause im always poking at my chest the next day.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not weird. I love doms in my chest for some reason. Everybody else probably thinks im weird cause im always poking at my chest the next day.
Absolutely, I use DOMS as one of many gauges of how effective my workout was.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't had DOMs from ArA since my first or second cycle.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't had DOMs from ArA since my first or second cycle.
Interesting feedback, the DOMS is highly individual.

I've more than likely used more X-Factor than any single other person on the forums, and even at 500mg I get wicked DOMS no matter what muscle I train or what program I'm currently following. They are prominent the next morning, but not at all debilitating once I'm warmed up for my next training session.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting feedback, the DOMS is highly individual.

I've more than likely used more X-Factor than any single other person on the forums, and even at 500mg I get wicked DOMS no matter what muscle I train or what program I'm currently following. They are prominent the next morning, but not at all debilitating once I'm warmed up for my next training session.
I have probably used it more than any other not MN rep. Probably ran like 7 XF cycles. When the bulk ArA came out I bought like 5 tubs haha

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A little worse than the norm, but just like normal, you get use to em over time.

Mike

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have probably used it more than any other not MN rep. Probably ran like 7 XF cycles. When the bulk ArA came out I bought like 5 tubs haha
7 X-Factor cycles is impressive!! I used a lot of that bulk powder too.

A little worse than the norm, but just like normal, you get use to em over time.

Mike
Well said, certainly doesnt hinder anything.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like criticalbench said, it's a little worse than normal but like average workout DOMS, they tend to subside. I got them most significantly on my first cycle of them when I used the old school Max-Out. I also got a good full pump with it during my workout in conjunction with my preWO. Each subsequent use has not been as much for DOMS afterwards but I still feel the effects. I've also changed up my usage pattern from the first time as well, from 1g ED to 1-1.5 g before WO only. Seems to work well for me.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So yesterday I played some ball with people instead of the gym, took my hemavol and whatever preworkout i have from muscletech in conjunction with 1.5 grams of Ara....probably not the smartest idea, from moving in all the weird movements that I wasn't used to i am super sore today. my shoulder feels like i pitched a 9 inning game and that was probably just from throwing the basketball....my legs are also super sore, parts of my quads that i'm not even sure existed

the pump during the games too was crazy, like a really solid leg workout

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So yesterday I played some ball with people instead of the gym, took my hemavol and whatever preworkout i have from muscletech in conjunction with 1.5 grams of Ara....probably not the smartest idea, from moving in all the weird movements that I wasn't used to i am super sore today. my shoulder feels like i pitched a 9 inning game and that was probably just from throwing the basketball....my legs are also super sore, parts of my quads that i'm not even sure existed

the pump during the games too was crazy, like a really solid leg workout
Interesting feedback, sports always hit all of those small muscles that we dont concentrate on when hitting the major movements again and again.

I've known a few NCAA athletes who love X-Factor, but only use it during their off season strength and conditioning programs. Rather than during the season.