Is there any otc supplements that help a broken heart?

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I dont have any interest in taking antidepressants.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I dont have any interest in taking antidepressants. Is there any natural supplements that help you turn your head off when your heart is broken? I tried 5htp, didnt like. Take fish oil and probably everything out there to burn fat, I need something that will help. Im trying l dopa also.
Whats up with people and looking to medication to amplify or drown out certain emotions? This makes me sad.

Learn from it and work through it rather than try mask your pain. Talk to friends and whatnot. Stop looking to medication to fix problems in life

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
A consultation with a psychiatrist is a start. No, I'm not being clever, if you're constantly depressed you need a medical workup

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with cooper. But take some Alphamine. Lol always makes me happy

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing wrong with seeing a shrink. Self medicating will only lead to more problems making your situation worse.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your no help. Im too sad all the time, so i want something besides alcohol and drugs. Thats how I feel,so I want something.

So based on this and your other thread about l-dopa where you said you are taking too many supplements to list I would come to the conclusion that you are self medicating. Both with alcohol, drugs, and even supplements. Supplements are not to be thrown in the same category as recreational drugs and they shouldn't be combined. If you want to stay healthy stop with the drugs and alcohol and re-evaluate your life decisions. You take supplements to contribute to a proper diet and exercise program. If you're not using them properly you are just wasting your money.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
To be honest, i was not depressed before i had a broken heart.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Your no help. Im too sad all the time, so i want something besides alcohol and drugs. Thats how I feel,so I want something.
Listen to coop on this one. Seek medical help and talk to someone who can help you work through your issues. Masking problems is only a temporary fix; and once ou stop medicating, the problem will resurface.

Look at how many people medicate daily and are almost dead inside now; an old friend of mine has literally medicated himself to the point where i no longer recognise him or can have a coherent discussion with him.

Going to cause rather than trying to mask the symptoms will protect your mental health moreso than simply trying to block out the pain.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or really just having a few healthy relationships with various friends and family is enough to help u thru a broken heart.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You should really talk to somebody, whether that is a psychiatrist, counselor, family, or friend. What may help is taking your mind off of things and focusing your energy on something else besides this person that broke your heart. Possibly start a training log on here and let others give you positive feedback. Keep your mind busy with that :)

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like me tbh, i probably shouldnt get too in depth being as my real name is my account name (kind of want to change that lol) . I was gonna say hop on the vitamin T but you're a female so probably not a good idea. I think agmatine is supposed to have mood enhancing properties but I really don't think any supplement is gonna cure depression. I take a lot of supps that theoretically should help, B12, agmatine, 5htp, and I'm still not very happy most of the time. And I refuse to take anti depressants because I read they cause weight gain and when I took them I think they made me worse.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the above post. If I wasnt a woman id just take juice.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should really talk to somebody, whether that is a psychiatrist, counselor, family, or friend. What may help is taking your mind off of things and focusing your energy on something else besides this person that broke your heart. Possibly start a training log on here and let others give you positive feedback. Keep your mind busy with that :)
Yeah, I have my own reservations about the whole depressed situation but turning to drugs of any sort is not the answer.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats up with people and looking to medication to amplify or drown out certain emotions? This makes me sad.

Learn from it and work through it rather than try mask your pain. Talk to friends and whatnot. Stop looking to medication to fix problems in life
Just had to quote this for being so point on.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Having experience with some depression following trauma (we all have and will continue to face trauma), there is, at least, a two pronged approach to this.

1. Deal with the emergent issues. That probably means seeing an MD. That may or may not involve something like Wellbutrin or Paxil, but let the MD discuss that. I am no big fan of Paxil. The sides SUCK. But at the same time it allowed me to get some much needed relief for a period of time. Oh, I was one of those "no meds" guys, too. Guess what? If you are taking supplements in doses large enough to have pharmacological effect, you are taking meds - they just don't require a script.

2. Deal with the chronic issues. This is a much more difficult and much longer term effort. Guys tend not to "do emotions" very well. Just about everything comes out as anger; a secondary emotion. The real deal is to deal with the primary emotion and what is driving that.

Most people will not do step #2. It is too darned hard and you have to face things we'd rather ignore or rationalize.

But step #2, is the process by which long term benefits arise.

Oh, those who "don't do meds" also probably "don't do counseling". I was one of those. A good counselor can really help. A bad counselor is worse than dysentery.

But there are also a lot of books available. One I have used with some buddies is the "Grief Recovery Handbook".

Its about $10. I would argue it may be the best $10 investment one might make.

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
If you mean takotsubo cardiomyopathy, then definitely see a doctor. If you're hoping for a way to ignore emotions or drown them out instead of dealing with them then you're cheating yourself out of the opportunity for personal growth. Anyone here will tell you that strength and growth come from working against resistance in increasing amounts over a prolonged period of time. That doesn't apply to muscles alone. Life can be hard, but you can choose how you deal with it and there are almost always friends and loved ones who will be there to help you through the worst moments.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Time. Time is the only thing to heal a broken heart (I actually believe there's a quote like that :p) But honestly, no amount of anti-depressants, alcohol, supplements are going to fix it.

I'm assuming this is a break up, if so define your real intentions. Are you trying to move past the breakup, or are you hoping to get back with your ex? You won't move on until you've accepted that the relationship is over.

Use this as an opportunity to really appreciate your friends/family. Sometimes you can't get over being hurt until you know you've been heard. Give yourself permission to express your anger and sadness, vent to your friends

Sometimes the relationship you need to rescue is the one with yourself. Moving past a breakup is about you, not your ex

Good luck!

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I was wanting a book to help. I know you guys don't have a big deal with emotions that even compares to being a woman. The only think is going to the gym that helps. I don't feel like working so that's my main issue. When I'm at work, it's hard to not cry, so I need something, I do notice I'm being extremely anti social and it don't like it, but I just don't feel like talking.
Try out some niacin and inositol.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The best supplement for a broken heart is human contact. Someone once told me that the best way to get over a girl was to go F@#$ another girl. They were right.

I think that the society we live in is ironically dis-connected. We have so much interaction through the internet and cell phones, but people never actually get together and DO things. When we finally meet someone we can interact with, they seem like our only option and then we focus on them. If it doesn't work out, that doesn't fit our expectations because it HAS to work out - they are our only option.

I am in sales and I knew a guy once that would go to a bar and ask for her number. If she denied him, no big deal - there were plenty more to ask. He could get denied 100 times until he found one that would say yes. He knew SOMEONE would eventually say yes. If there was only one girl in the bar, he would have looked at it much differently. He would have HAD to have got that girl to say yes, or go home empty handed.

The good news is, there are tons of people out there and you have met one that had SOME qualities that you like. There is another that is even better, I promise. Just get out there and realize YOU HAVE OPTIONS!

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Been trying different things that only make me feel worse.

D

dbenj7

Awards
5htp/l-tryptophan and DLPA can help, though the advice given previously about professional help is a great idea if the depression is that bad. I've been through a really bad break up where I barely ate and couldn't sleep for a while and I can sympathise with how you're feeling but like the guy said above, time really does heal everything. I went through a really rough time for a while and came out stronger, and now I have the mindset I will never let a woman f*** me over like that and things have been far better. Concentrate on yourself, now is the time to be selfish. All the best bro

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
When I was dealing with depression I used SAMe. It helped quite a bit. But I also had some close friends I talked to and made a private blog to get out what was on my mind for only certain people to access. Now I'm much better. It took a year, but I'm finally almost back on track. With just the help of some people and some SAMe(not sure how much it did, but I did feel really good on it. May have been placebo)

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
now I have the mindset I will never let a woman f*** me over like that and things have been far better. Concentrate on yourself, now is the time to be selfish. All the best bro
interesting advice -- since you are speaking to a woman there, and not a bro

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love SAMe with a heavy dose of vit D3 but I do agree that getting out and finding things that you like to do is most beneficial. Time is all that heals a broken heart, people suck it is just the way it is. Sadly sometimes the one you love may not be the right one for you so finding inner strength to pick yourself up is important.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I dont have any interest in taking antidepressants. Is there any natural supplements that help you turn your head off when your heart is broken? I tried 5htp, didnt like. Take fish oil and probably everything out there to burn fat, I need something that will help. Im trying l dopa also.
Let me get this straight....you want a supplement....that will heal a broken heart? You really need to get laid man haha
I'm just playin. Hope you get feelin better man.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
You really need to get laid man haha or your a 14 year old girl. But seriously, get laid.
and yet another beautiful directive to a woman poster, in man-speak
the reading comprehension level on this forum never ceases to amaze

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
and yet another beautiful directive to a woman poster, in man-speak
the reading comprehension level on this forum never ceases to amaze
I'm my gonna read every post of this thread, so i couldn't see that she's a woman? Who lit the fuze to your tampon?

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I'm my gonna read every post of this thread, so i couldn't see that she's a woman?
I mean it is only noted on the OPs profile, and mentioned at least twice in this thread -- including my post up there on this very same page...
yes, yes I can see why you would overlook it with your expert skimming abilities
some reps with integrity like to find out more about the poster they speak to, to ensure good and accurate advice, rather than just seeing an opportunity to blindly get their post count up and make a crack on somebody..
Who lit the fuze to your tampon?
in my younger yrs, I too enjoyed attempting to come back with a disparaging quip when called out on an error I had made...

shrewd, d00d

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I mean it is only noted on the OPs profile, and mentioned at least twice in this thread -- including my post up there on this very same page...
yes, yes I can see why you would overlook it with your expert skimming abilities
some reps with integrity like to find out more about the poster they speak to, to ensure good and accurate advice, rather than just seeing an opportunity to blindly get their post count up and make a crack on somebody..
in my younger yrs, I too enjoyed attempting to come back with a disparaging quip when called out on an error I had made...

shrewd, d00d
Actually, I'm on mobile. What this means is I can't see their info without looking into their profile. The fact that you get so mad about a slight error shows your maturity level, and I don't mean your not mature in the way that you egg people's houses or something, I mean in the way that you jump on people all the time for things that (really try to really take this last part in bud, ok?) don't concern you :) I'm sure you did a lot of great stuff in your "younger years" but i don't care, because I'm not like you, I don't worry about other people business. And I actually was serious about the tampon thing, you sound like a teenage girl on her period.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Hahaha.........That's funny as hell.
He doesn't think it's funny, because he's a very serious person.

He's allergic to sunshine and happiness.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
oh what the hell, let's have some fun then...

Actually, I'm on mobile. What this means is I can't see their info without looking into their profile.
nice way to side-step the whole post-on-this-page point I made, where if you only would have taken the time to read, you would not have to worry about looking at profiles..
I know tho -- 35 posts is just too damn much to read on that there mobile, right?
The fact that you get so mad about a slight error shows your maturity level, and I don't mean your not mature in the way that you egg people's houses or something, I mean in the way that you jump on people all the time for things that (really try to really take this last part in bud, ok?) don't concern you :)
lmao....who is mad bud? :D kinda looks like you are, I certainly have never went on this diatribe toward you as you are now doing towards me...check yourself
I'm sure you did a lot of great stuff in your "younger years" but i don't care, because I'm not like you, I don't worry about other people business. And I actually was serious about the tampon thing, you sound like a teenage girl on her period.
you seem to be quite worried about me, which by your own definition, as you just got done saying, you do not do...and more insults?? wow, stupendous
what a conflicted child you must be..grow up

props to SNS however, for picking up a rep to cater to the teeny-bopper crowd and mentality..i am sure it will boost sales in the high school segment

okay, fun time is over..

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
oh what the hell, let's have some fun then...

nice way to side-step the whole post-on-this-page point I made, where if you only would have taken the time to read, you would not have to worry about looking at profiles..
I know tho -- 35 posts is just too damn much to read on that there mobile, right?
lmao....who is mad bud? :D kinda looks like you are, I certainly have never went on this diatribe toward you as you are now doing towards me...check yourself
you seem to be quite worried about me, which by your own definition, as you just got done saying, you do not do...and more insults?? wow, stupendous
what a conflicted child you must be..grow up

okay, fun time is over..
You really need to practice comebacks man, they are literally painful to read. You're just scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find things say about me haha it's very entertaining.
35 posts is to much to read in some threads Just to see posts by people like you? Nah I'm good.
You started this Just because I didn't see she was a woman? If we are talking about proper etiquette maybe you should look at the fact that you are ruining this girls thread?
So yes fun time is over.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
* You're, not your

Dumbass
I will say that calling someone a dumbass over a grammatical issue when they are clearly upset with the way life is going is not exactly encouraging.. What irks me is when people call people names over the internet or downright insult them when they cannot see the harm it causes. Some people take the comments of complete strangers to heart and can often do regrettable things based on the opinions of others.

/rant

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
You started this Just because I didn't see she was a woman? If we are talking about proper etiquette maybe you should look at the fact that you are ruining this girls thread?
says the kid who makes classic remarks such as this, in this woman's thread:
(and then real quick edits out the 14y/o girl part after the fact)

Let me get this straight....you want a supplement....that will heal a broken heart? You really need to get laid man haha
or your a 14 year old girl.
But seriously, get laid. Hope you get feelin better man.

So yes fun time is over.
yes, yes please
thanks in advance

I think all this attention is just what the OP needed to get her out of her funk.
YES!! :clap2:
how can this NOT cheer you up??

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
says the kid who makes classic remarks such as this, in this woman's thread:
(and then real quick edits out the 14y/o girl part after the fact)

yes, yes please
thanks in advance

YES!! :clap2:
how can this NOT cheer you up??
Of course i edited it out? That's because I figured out she's actually a girl? Lol your silly bud.
yeah we're done.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Of course i edited it out? That's because I figured out she's actually a girl?
yeah - you figured that one out
all by your lonesome
:rolleyes:

Lol your silly bud.
don't let Type o Hero see you misuse "your" like that... :eek:

yeah we're done.
you promise this time? or are you tricking me again -- do you have one more comeback quip in you??
enquiring minds want to know...

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
OP I would go to seek professional help in the aspect that depression can be the result of many different things. For example, if your not getting enough sleep that could be an issue and you would take care of it differently then you would if you had depression from "a broken heart". We are not doctors and this is a question that requires an expert opinion.

C

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Rhodiola Rosea - Now Foods
as per label

D

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
You could take up a new hobby or do something you've always wanted to do? This has helped me in the past tremendously. Best of luck and it wouldn't hurt to talk to a professional as stated above.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will say that calling someone a dumbass over a grammatical issue when they are clearly upset with the way life is going is not exactly encouraging.. What irks me is when people call people names over the internet or downright insult them when they cannot see the harm it causes. Some people take the comments of complete strangers to heart and can often do regrettable things based on the opinions of others.

/rant
Thats true and well spoken.