ArA before BJJ???

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I am running ArA right now. I lift 3-4 days a week but some days I do BJJ but don't lift (like today...one day per week tops, though). Should I dose ArA before those sessions? If you aren't sure what BJJ is, it is similar to wrestling as far as muscle work and cardio are concerned (although not quite as fast-paced as wrestling). Usually roll for 1-1.5 hours. Thanks!!!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Just get Cardiotryx for BJJ days
Thanks for the tip. Too much stockpiled right now to look at other stuff but between (G)PLCAR and cordyceps powder I have good endurance supps. Will check that stuff out in the future, though. For now just trying to workout whether or not BJJ-only days would be an effective time to get more ArA into my system.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the tip. Too much stockpiled right now to look at other stuff but between (G)PLCAR and cordyceps powder I have good endurance supps. Will check that stuff out in the future, though. For now just trying to workout whether or not BJJ-only days would be an effective time to get more ArA into my system.
Save it for lifting days only IMO

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Save it for lifting days only IMO
Thanks! Would this also be true if only lifting 3x per week, or in that case should I dose one BJJ-only day to get up to 4 doses?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks! Would this also be true if only lifting 3x per week, or in that case should I dose one BJJ-only day to get up to 4 doses?
Many dose only 3x a week. What dose of ArA are you running?

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the above. Save it for just lifting days, even if it's 3x weekly.
Cool, sounds like everyone agrees. I will stick to lifting days (should be 4x per week anyway). Thanks, and thanks to Jiigzz and Kbayne also!

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO, I would dose it 4x a week instead of 3 times a week.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4x a week is perfect, if one of those days is BJJ rather than lifting, thats fine.

If you are already lifting 4x that week, then skip the pre BJJ dose.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Cool, sounds like everyone agrees. I will stick to lifting days (should be 4x per week anyway). Thanks, and thanks to Jiigzz and Kbayne also!
Well, if you are with the four times a week anyways, then you'll be all set.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hated ArA as it exacerbated all of the inevitable bumps and bruises that come from grappling. I found myself limited far too much while using it outside of just a lifting capacity.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I hated ArA as it exacerbated all of the inevitable bumps and bruises that come from grappling. I found myself limited far too much while using it outside of just a lifting capacity.
Yeah that was definitely a worry the first time I tried ArA and also first time trying original Erase Pro. Luckily, ArA only has slight sides for me (light headaches, little bit of tendon pain here or there and only after training), and original Erase Pro had zero sides and body comp effects were freakin amazing. I am still not sure if I will ever try combining them, though, since the potential for sides is there. I might have to since ArA's strength effects are incredible and EPro's recomp/drying effects were freaking incredible and both give insane vascularity. We'll see if I can get my hands on some more original EPro I guess.

Damn, though, dude. 5'10" 220 lbs. I bet you were giving a lot more bumps and bruises than you were getting ;)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good lord when I read this title, I thought you were asking if ARA before a BJ is good lol.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Good lord when I read this title, I thought you were asking if ARA before a BJ is good lol.
That made me chuckle !

I don't think it's going to make a difference. I would dose pre lifting . A good intra would be a good idea to guzzle before rolling . Iforce compete comes to mind or PES amino IV.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those pumps while rolling would be awful......

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Those pumps while rolling would be awful......
Not so bad, really. I usually lift before bjj anyway so I am always pumped by the time I get there. Even if I am not pumped when I start, an hour or two of heavy rolling will pump u up as much as anything. Doesn't really make much of a difference by the end of practice.

burpees

Banned
Awards
Not so bad, really. I usually lift before bjj anyway so I am always pumped by the time I get there. Even if I am not pumped when I start, an hour or two of heavy rolling will pump u up as much as anything. Doesn't really make much of a difference by the end of practice.
Do u take a shower after u workout before u roll ?

Feel sorry for the guy who has to start his rolling with a guy who already smells like a bench press cushion

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Do u take a shower after u workout before u roll ?

Feel sorry for the guy who has to start his rolling with a guy who already smells like a bench press cushion
Haha, no but it really doesn't matter. jiu jitsu smells way worse than any workout equipment (except old gloves...which I guess would be a tie...damn I have gross hobbies). Also my gym is pretty much next to the bjj academy and I also change clothes between the two activities so I don't fester or anything.

Funny though, despite the rainforest climate (super humid air, rains like 200 days a year or more, summer typhoons, etc...), we haven't had a single case of ringworm since I've been a member, which is awesome.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

I am running ArA right now. I lift 3-4 days a week but some days I do BJJ but don't lift (like today...one day per week tops, though). Should I dose ArA before those sessions? If you aren't sure what BJJ is, it is similar to wrestling as far as muscle work and cardio are concerned (although not quite as fast-paced as wrestling). Usually roll for 1-1.5 hours. Thanks!!!
I know you didn't ask, but I really like potassium nitrate before training. I also train muay thay and bjj, and it helps tremendously for endurance and strength from the continued stress you are under in these forms.

burpees

Banned
Awards
Haha, no but it really doesn't matter. jiu jitsu smells way worse than any workout equipment (except old gloves...which I guess would be a tie...damn I have gross hobbies). Also my gym is pretty much next to the bjj academy and I also change clothes between the two activities so I don't fester or anything. Funny though, despite the rainforest climate (super humid air, rains like 200 days a year or more, summer typhoons, etc...), we haven't had a single case of ringworm since I've been a member, which is awesome.
Crazy lol good stuff tho

I do amateur boxing I like to keep em at a distance lol

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Crazy lol good stuff tho

I do amateur boxing I like to keep em at a distance lol
Haha yeah that is definitely less gross than bjj ...both are really useful for self-defence (or wasting time with your friends haha)