50 day break from ArA necessary?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Or would 3-4 weeks be okay? I think I understand the point of cycling off ArA supplementation, but it seems that once you came off of it, after a couple weeks of exercise, that you'd simply revert back to normal levels. So why the 50 day recommendation? Does it have to do with the inflammation that ArA causes

niclas90

Awards
  • Established
The 50 day brake is to keep the platelet aggregation at a minimum.

pgno23

Awards
4 weeks seems to be plenty for everyone I know that has used it. I have not tried it yet so cannot give a personal testimony, but that is what I have seen.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or would 3-4 weeks be okay? I think I understand the point of cycling off ArA supplementation, but it seems that once you came off of it, after a couple weeks of exercise, that you'd simply revert back to normal levels. So why the 50 day recommendation? Does it have to do with the inflammation that ArA causes
The 50 days recommendation is because that's the longest they've ran it for in the study. I would guess that it would make very little sense to run it much longer than that because there's going to be a point where your muscle cell membranes would simply not be able to make use of the ArA and most likely this fatty acid will get used in the body for other purposes. In other words, there's either very little benefit or not benefits after a certain point.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How significant is the platelet aggregation?
The data I believe suggests that even up to 1.5 grams a day of ArA for the 50 day length actually doesn't show to have any effect on platelet aggregation (Nelson, GJ; Schmidt, PC; Bartolini, G; Kelley, DS; Kyle, D 1997).

It's also been shown in another study that up to 2 grams a day of ArA for 50 days doesn't cause out of the norm systemic inflammation.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This has been discussed in other threads as well, I believe...fwiw, last couple of ArA runs I've done, I've just stuck to 1.5g preWO, 4-5x's week for a total of 3 bottles of X-gels...and not worried about 50 days only...plus I hate storing opened, half full/empty bottles of anything...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As others have mentioned, due to ArA being extremely safe you wont be in any sort of danger. The reason for the label recommendation to cycle 50 days on and 50 days off is that it will take some time to deplete the ArA from your skeletal muscle after ending your cycle. You dont just go off and a week or two later you have depleted most of it, it takes time and many workouts.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Think of it in terms of cost:benefit, and it will make a lot more sense to you. It's not due to some sort of health or safety reasoning.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Think of it in terms of cost:benefit, and it will make a lot more sense to you. It's not due to some sort of health or safety reasoning.
Well said.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just take plavix and stay on year round..

jjjjkkkkkk :D