Supplements for Stress

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Real world stress is taking a toll on my body and mind. It's pretty bad right now, and I can see it effecting my life in and outside the gym.

What should I be taking? Adaptogens, tea etc...

I'll take exercise advice too. Been thinking about trying some yoga or metitation.

Time to free my mind and **** dawg!

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Blow job
Masturbation
blow job
and finally being able to say those magical words, "Fu*k it!"

Everything I listed above work wonders and they are 100% free to mostly free (matters how you approach them).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Rhodiola rosea (3% rosavins, 1% salidrosides) has good data

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm a fan of yoga and meditation, you almost feel high when you do it but leave feeling very relaxed

i'm also a fan of massages and epsom salt baths....i do that for recovery and cleansing too but both are good for relaxation purposes as well

as for supplements i love lights out with 5-htp, or other well being type supplements, intimidate srt, daa seems to give ppl that care free feel good feeling too

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Theanine, Rhodiola Rosea, Phosphatidylserine
These 3 are research-backed more than most. Looking for a product with all 3

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm really enjoying the effects of bacopa and ashwagandha for reducing my anxiety and stress. Rhodiola also worked really well in the past (especially during the time I wasn't getting much sleep at night).

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Rhodiola rosea (3% rosavins, 1% salidrosides) has good data
^ I have found this to be very helpful. take it every morning before leaving to work, and usually halfway through my workout ill take it

domore

Awards
These 3 are research-backed more than most. Looking for a product with all 3
Buy all three as single ingredients; it will be cheaper per serving and you can play around with doses.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Real world stress is taking a toll on my body and mind. It's pretty bad right now, and I can see it effecting my life in and outside the gym.

I'll take exercise advice too. Been thinking about trying some yoga or metitation.

Yoga for sure. Whats causing the stress?

LOpro

Banned
Awards
SAMe could possibly help you as well.

Ask the doc for xanex. ;p

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really like my meditation for these purposes. Trying to find the most effective method of stress relief will depend on the type of stress and your personal reactions to different methods of stress relief. I'd really try to test several things out and find what works best.

As far as supplementation I like Rhodiola Rosea and Sensoril. They don't necessarily make me feel less stressed, but they seem to allow my body to still improve from workout to workout during higher stress periods.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Read about a supplement called zembrin (it's a standardized extract of the South African plant Sceletium Tortuosum). Supposedly it provides 5-HT reuptake inhibition and PDE4 inhibition. Has anyone tried this for stress? It sounds interesting but doesn't seem to have much clinical testing to back it...at least, not that I could find.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Phenibut-xt

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would examine the root causes and try solving that - supplementation can only do so much.

DeeB suggestions are great.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established

Relora, ashwagandha, bacopa and rhodiola are all winners fir a lot of people. Relora is awesome. Ashwagandha is great as well (both are pretty sedating for me). Bacopa relaxes me but wakes my mind up. Rhodiola at 1g in the morning makes me feel like I can take on the world. All of those can be sedating or stimulating depending on the person and dose so u might need to experiment. During the week, tho, rhodiola in the morning and ashwagandha and relora at night help me tremendously with stress.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Get a massage, see a funny movie, if you are able to and don't already have a dog get one.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm assuming most know this already, but don't dose Phenibut daily. Phenibut appears to be quite effective, however tolerance/withdrawal also appears to occur.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the suggest ion guys. Sress factors have been lowered at the moment, which is wonderfull.

Already a pretty experienced phenibut user.

And let me clear this up for some; I'm more or less trying to supplement to help lessen/avoid the negative effects of stress on my body, when the external-stress is unavoidable.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meditation has been the most amazing thing for me. I use to be so stressed out and had the worse anxiety ever!! Now, nothing really affects me. I've learned to breathe deeply and push negative thoughts out of my head. You should really try it! YouTube mindful meditation. :) I use to be on tons of meds for anxiety, depression, and stress.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Meditation has been the most amazing thing for me. I use to be so stressed out and had the worse anxiety ever!! Now, nothing really affects me. I've learned to breathe deeply and push negative thoughts out of my head. You should really try it! YouTube mindful meditation. :) I use to be on tons of meds for anxiety, depression, and stress.
I second this. I love meditation.

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
Abyss - unparalleled! I'm not one to hype up a supplement but this really works! I've over trained like a biatch while on this and have no overtraining side effects due to cortisol
Being under control! Take 2 weeks for it to kick in though

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I second this. I love meditation.
I originally read that as "I love medication", lol. Definitely agree on the meditation, very good to clear the head. Focused breathing is something I've always done as well, especially on the pitchers mound in high school/college.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BPS AdrenoSurge should be an excellent stress mitigation supplement.

Hopefully we should get the writeup soon!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I originally read that as "I love medication", lol. Definitely agree on the meditation, very good to clear the head. Focused breathing is something I've always done as well, especially on the pitchers mound in high school/college.
Hahah one letter makes all the difference

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hey, Ape. You may want to get some phosphatidylserine and throw that into the mix. I have always had great results with Serinaid, whether it's 20% or 50% standardized. It has a full spectrum of other awesome neural support compounds. Make sure you take a dose of 600mg of phosphatidylserine with breakfast if you decide to go for it.