Liver health question.

WODKOZ

WODKOZ

Awards
Hey guys, I was just curious on your take on liver health. I've never cycled before but I have for the last five years or so taken many pre workouts and natural test boosters. Always cycled those of course. But, I figured that why not try and keep one of the most important organs in the body healthy. Do you have any suggestions on which brand to consider? Are liver supplements something to cycle or can be taken for prolonged periods of time? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NAC is all i'd see being worth it!

Mike

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, I was just curious on your take on liver health. I've never cycled before but I have for the last five years or so taken many pre workouts and natural test boosters. Always cycled those of course. But, I figured that why not try and keep one of the most important organs in the body healthy. Do you have any suggestions on which brand to consider? Are liver supplements something to cycle or can be taken for prolonged periods of time? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
No need for liver support for the sups you mentioned. The liver is very resilient. But just for general health or peace of mind, Liver Assist is a great product

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
If you worry about your liver health just do some blood test to know for sure.
From my exp I got slightly elevated enzymes values. I can't tell for sure it's from the supps but everything was fine 2-3 years before I started to use more than one-two supps for my training.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
For general liver health LiverCare (by Himalayan Labs) is what I would recommend. I do think the SNS product looks solid too.

I agree with the comment though that I personally would not be too concerned unless you labs indicate otherwise.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
For general liver health LiverCare (by Himalayan Labs) is what I would recommend. I do think the SNS product looks solid too. I agree with the comment though that I personally would not be too concerned unless you labs indicate otherwise.
I love liver care/liv52. Lgi damage control looks good with the tudca,SAMe, NAC, and milk thistle.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I love liver care/liv52. Lgi damage control looks good with the tudca,SAMe, NAC, and milk thistle.
Not needed unless on cycle though

WODKOZ

WODKOZ

Awards
No need for liver support for the sups you mentioned. The liver is very resilient. But just for general health or peace of mind, Liver Assist is a great product
Appreciate that response. And heard good things about liver assist as well. I'll definitely consider that if I end up buying one.

WODKOZ

WODKOZ

Awards
If you worry about your liver health just do some blood test to know for sure. From my exp I got slightly elevated enzymes values. I can't tell for sure it's from the supps but everything was fine 2-3 years before I started to use more than one-two supps for my training.
. Yea, I just I'm just doing it for peace of mind. I'll probably end up getting my levels checked before investing money in another supplement.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Liver XT and glutathione

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Look into restore great profile for basic and advanced liver support. I've used it for the last few months and feel better especially with all the stuff I take.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Liver is truly a very resilient organ, one of the few that can actually regenerate itself.

Personally I like to cycle off everything every few weeks and take a support type product trying to bring the body back to Homeostasis.

Alot of good ones out there, of course I am partial to Formutech's restore but if anything, look for NAC,Dandelion Root and Milk Thistle at an absolute minimum.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Look into restore great profile for basic and advanced liver support. I've used it for the last few months and feel better especially with all the stuff I take.
I've got 2 bottles of this coming as we speak. You won't find a more complete profile of ingredients that work well and appropriately dosed anywhere

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've got 2 bottles of this coming as we speak. You won't find a more complete profile of ingredients that work well and appropriately dosed anywhere
We will actually be posting a blog on our FB page this week explaining more about Restore and why we put it together this way. I do not run PH's but take this product every day.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Hey big guy, we have an all in one formula called restore. It's one of the best profiles out. It's an anti estrogen and liver care in one. I take it daily with very great results. It's also very affordable. Had my blood ran in January after a few ph cycles and they were great. Estrogen was perfect and my liver vues were back to normal. Very happy with it.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
For just general health I personally take liv.52 which nothing can touch. It is super cheap and does a wonderful job.

Curcumin has A LOT of benefits but the bioavailability of it sucks and a chem place use to sell the oils and I got some and it worked wonders....especially as an anti-inflammatory.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A bottle will last 12.5 days if that label is correct because you would have to take 2 servings a day

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always recommend getting bloodwork simply for peace of mind. I rotate between CEL Cycle Assist and SNS Liver Assist. One of the main reasons is that i've been a bartender while going through college (twice :(), so my organs do take some beating.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Not needed unless on cycle though
While for most people I would generally agree with this. However, due to the lifestyles and/or diets of some individuals a liver support supplement could be beneficial. I would let labs determine if it would be of benefit off cycle rather than assume it is not necessary.

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
A bottle will last 12.5 days if that label is correct because you would have to take 2 servings a day
You can take up to two servings per day but unless you are running something pretty serious then one serving a day is fine. I don't run anything and do great with 4 caps per day. If you take a look at the profile one serving is more than most out there. Thanks

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can take up to two servings per day but unless you are running something pretty serious then one serving a day is fine. I don't run anything and do great with 4 caps per day. If you take a look at the profile one serving is more than most out there. Thanks
exactly this ^^^ the dosages in Restore are better than many others out there and the spectrum of ingredients is fantastic

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Tudca isn't necessary for this.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
If you run 8 a day, but that I for people running some serious cycles. Mainly methylated. For this purpose 4 caps a day will dry out water, give great liver support, keep estrogen low, and do what this user is wanting. I should have posted that 4 would do the trick. My bad.