Hoodia review

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I recently asked to be a tester for Custom's new Hoodia product. I am on day 5, taking it 500 mg twice a day, 5:00 AM and 8:00 PM before bed. I wanted to try it to get past the night time cravings I seem to have. I think it is helping the cravings, but maybe not the "emotional attachment to food" issue, as someone else has called it in another post. I've seen recommendations for VPX's Dietex to "load" for the first week, but not on any other Hoodia product I have seen. I will try 3x daily next week as another tester is doing on the Custom board, and see if that makes any difference. I think I feel fuller after taking it, but can't swear that it isnt a placebo effect. One thing I do know though, is that taking it is much more pleasant than taking green tea. I can take Hoodia and wash it down with a drink very easily. It almost has a sweet taste to it. The one time I tried taking green tea that way, I swore I would never do that again. It's probably worth mentioning that there have been absolutely no negative effects as well. If anyone has any questions or recommendations based on their past experiences please let me know. I want this to be as helpful to others as it can be.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
yea, i'm the other tester. my log is on custom's board, but its a mess right now. as far as taste goes, its actually quite pleasant, but the solubility is crap, so it still probably best capped considering it should be taken 3x a day.

and results..... well my appetite is noticably suppressed. i'm also taking ECAY, but i've taken that before, and that never had as a profound effect on my appetite as i do now.

the real test for me will be when i drop the ECA and go on clen in a week, clen actually has made me hungrier in the past. also during that time i will be really restricting my calories, so it should be a great indicator of how powerful this stuff really is. (which, based on short observation, i suspect is very powerful).

its kind of weird, on days i take hoodia i still want all the crap i can't have on a diet, but i don't feel that have that awful crave feeling that if i don't binge i'll go crazy.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think my bag says 500 mg per day. How did you know to take it 3x a day? (at 500 mg each dose, I assume?) That may be why I'm not experiencing as powerful an effect as you. Also, I think I saw that you were taking 1/4 tsp. Matt emailed me that 1/4 was 1.2 grams, if I remember right. So I have been taking 1/8 tsp until I get a scale. That right there puts me at about 1/3 your daily dosage. If I up the dosage to 1 tsp 3 times per day, I may get a very different result. I will consider changing to that dosage tommorow. Thanks for the input!

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
I think my bag says 500 mg per day. How did you know to take it 3x a day? (at 500 mg each dose, I assume?) That may be why I'm not experiencing as powerful an effect as you. Also, I think I saw that you were taking 1/4 tsp. Matt emailed me that 1/4 was 1.2 grams, if I remember right. So I have been taking 1/8 tsp until I get a scale. That right there puts me at about 1/3 your daily dosage. If I up the dosage to 1 tsp 3 times per day, I may get a very different result. I will consider changing to that dosage tommorow. Thanks for the input!
1/4tsp according to bulk nutrition is 525mg. I am taking that dose 3x daily.

Meerschaum

Awards
I recently asked to be a tester for Custom's new Hoodia product. I am on day 5, taking it 500 mg twice a day, 5:00 AM and 8:00 PM before bed. I wanted to try it to get past the night time cravings I seem to have. I think it is helping the cravings, but maybe not the "emotional attachment to food" issue, as someone else has called it in another post. I've seen recommendations for VPX's Dietex to "load" for the first week, but not on any other Hoodia product I have seen. I will try 3x daily next week as another tester is doing on the Custom board, and see if that makes any difference. I think I feel fuller after taking it, but can't swear that it isnt a placebo effect. One thing I do know though, is that taking it is much more pleasant than taking green tea. I can take Hoodia and wash it down with a drink very easily. It almost has a sweet taste to it. The one time I tried taking green tea that way, I swore I would never do that again. It's probably worth mentioning that there have been absolutely no negative effects as well. If anyone has any questions or recommendations based on their past experiences please let me know. I want this to be as helpful to others as it can be.
I tried it, an extract from a reputable herbal site that I trusted would have the real thing, some guy was messaging me on this board about it I never got to reply because the PM system got shut down at that time, but might aswell say here I think the stuff sucks, it works! problem is for me at least, I had to dose 2 grams a day to get a good extreme effect going on to where I felt no hunger whatsoever, I think there is a big mental side to it that you KNOW you are hungry, but your not hungry, its hard to explain for me at least it did absolutely destroy hunger at a very high dose, and I was using 20x extract mind you, consider 2 grams of 20x extract is quite potent but sadly also quite expensive making it useless, I'll stick to what works and dosent cost an arm and a leg.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Pete-
Dose 500mg 3 times per day, not once. Sorry.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I tried it, an extract from a reputable herbal site that I trusted would have the real thing, some guy was messaging me on this board about it I never got to reply because the PM system got shut down at that time, but might aswell say here I think the stuff sucks, it works! problem is for me at least, I had to dose 2 grams a day to get a good extreme effect going on to where I felt no hunger whatsoever, I think there is a big mental side to it that you KNOW you are hungry, but your not hungry, its hard to explain for me at least it did absolutely destroy hunger at a very high dose, and I was using 20x extract mind you, consider 2 grams of 20x extract is quite potent but sadly also quite expensive making it useless, I'll stick to what works and dosent cost an arm and a leg.

My girlfriend tried the bulk hoodia from 1fast. She seemed to have a similar experience. It took a lot, 500mg 3x, and the "you know you're hungry feeling" and the habit of eating at certain times made it not really worth the money......which of course was my money.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Quick update, I will be starting the 500 mg 3x daily this week. I think the 500 mg may be about right, for me at least, because several times after taking the once-a-day dosage last week I did have that "full" feeling for a while, even though I hadn't eaten. I'll update again later in the week.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Third day taking 500 mg 3 times a day, and it seems to be working very well. I am still waking up 2 hours or so after going to sleep and feeling hungry, but I am not convinced that this is "real" hunger, and not something psychological. Maybe the only fix for the night time munchies will be some type of Ambien/melatonin cocktail...

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
Third day taking 500 mg 3 times a day, and it seems to be working very well. I am still waking up 2 hours or so after going to sleep and feeling hungry, but I am not convinced that this is "real" hunger, and not something psychological. Maybe the only fix for the night time munchies will be some type of Ambien/melatonin cocktail...
very odd. this is happening to me too, the only time of the day i feel hungry while taking hoodia is when i wake up in the middle of the night. i mention it in my log.

Meerschaum

Awards
My girlfriend tried the bulk hoodia from 1fast. She seemed to have a similar experience. It took a lot, 500mg 3x, and the "you know you're hungry feeling" and the habit of eating at certain times made it not really worth the money......which of course was my money.
yeah man, exactly, you have your mental habit of eating, it works though it does kill hunger, I can only guess the 20x I had was more potent, but still, for a guy over 200lbs, if I serve as an example, it takes ALOT of the stuff to function as it claims.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bump on this. if it works out for you guys I'll have to get some for my wife.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No change in the last few days at 500 mg 3x a day. It definitely helps the cravings while I'm awake, but I still suffer from the middle-of-the-night-munchies. I will try adding another dose about 1/2 hour before I go to bed and see if that helps. The dosages seem to last about 3-4 hours so a time release night time dosage might be what I need. If I wake up in the middle of the night I'm usually in that "must find food zombie mode". Need to work on the mind over matter aspect of it.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
Bump--Any updates?
i have noticed that hoodia is very good at keeping cravings down during the day, but it seems to wear off by the middle of the night, and thats when i usually wake up and have the most intense cravings. It doesn't have an instantenous blunting affect on hunger, like if you were to take it right when you feel a craving, rather it takes some time to take effect. It has also had diminishing effects for me, at the beginning i almost never felt hungry at 500mg 3x a day, but now i need probably 1000mg 3x a day to get the same appetite affects. Its been 2 weeks about since i started taking it. I only had one relapse thus far where i woke up starving in the middle of the night, and it just so happened my roomate had pizza and cookies leftover. couldn't resist....

i'm thinking a hoodia, caffeine, synephrine stack would be as good of an OTC appetite suppresant as you could get though.

tastyratz

Awards
Bump for newer updateds. Im interested in following a bit on this with hoodia. I have a computer related job and at work its very easy to be "snacky" so this might be something that can help. I may be interested in trying it in a once a day form, something like 500mg a little after lunch to suppress my appetite and need to snack for the rest of the workday. This will help because theres not alot of healthy things available at work and I would prefer to eat after when a good meal is available. gotta shed those lazy job lbs and the mid day snacking isnt helping.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
my wife has been using it 3 weeks. I think she is addicted to hoodia. she loves it but says its not working as well now. I'm taking her off it after 4 wks. she says it kills your appetite.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Worked very well for the month I took it - last update above Feb 22. I'm trying a Trimax/M1T cycle right now and the combination seems to kill enough of my appetite during the day. Night time is still a biotch, may have to try some Ambien to knock me out for the night. Melatonin works great to get to sleep, but it apparently doesn't last long in the system, since I wake up a few hours later

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
from my experiannce, hoodia's effects started off great and rapidly diminished. perhaps it is best cycled, or kept only for the very last weeks of a diet plan.

for the first TWO WEEKS that i took 500mg 3x a day, it was great.

d2Lw

Awards
I tried hoodia, worked my way up to 4*400mg ED without getting any appetite suppressed. Waste of $$

:frustrate

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wow. my wife is addicted to it. I told her I would take away the hoodia if i did not get sex everynight. it did not work but it does give me some bargaining power.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
WW2, how does she take it? My wife probably wouldnt take it like I do, just by the measuring spoon with a diet coke chaser.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
sometimes she takes it with a measuring spoon and a water chaser. she does not think the taste is that bad. sometimes she puts in her protien shake. she does think the effects are wearing off. i plan on cycling it 4wks on 4wks off. this is the end of the 4wks on.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I just bought 6 bottles of Dietex on clearance at a local GNC for $3.75 each (90 count), PLUS the 20% gold card discount. I figure even if it works marginally well, I got a hell of a deal. I figure maybe I'll sell one bottle on ebay and that'll cover the cost of the rest of them and then some. It's close to date, but who cares?