XGels question.....

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know what it is and what it does but could it cause old pulled muscle injuries to flair up? For 10+ years I've had calf issues in both legs from either micro tears or compartment syndrome. I went to the doctor and they sent me to physical therapy for knots/scar tissue rehab and it went away but recently showed up again and the only thing I changed was starting taking xgels. These problems are extremely painful and will take you to your knees while you're running. Is the xgels possibly the problem? Thanks

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you have a history of joint issues/etc I would not recommend Xgels as it could aggravate it. Are you using any joint products or RX as well?
No not using any joint products at all. Besides my calf issues which I've had under control for a few years now with self messages, I don't have any other reasons to take a joint supp.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No not using any joint products at all. Besides my calf issues which I've had under control for a few years now with self messages, I don't have any other reasons to take a joint supp.
Do you still treat with ice cup massages and stickwork?

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you still treat with ice cup massages and stickwork?
I think that's part of the problem. I quit taking care of it like I had been the last couple of years. I don't do much cardio in the winter when I'm trying to gain some weight so I let it go like a dummy. Before I started the gels I was doing HIIT on a hill and was fine but a couple of weeks ago it flared up and I had just started the gels a week or so before.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes it could the xgels, that is very likely as it is proinflammatory.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
am i supposed to dose the 4 caps all at once on an off day?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you take them on an off day, really won't matter if taking all at once or spread thru the day...however a more common dosing these days is to only dose (1-2g pre) on workout days only...

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know what it is and what it does but could it cause old pulled muscle injuries to flair up? For 10+ years I've had calf issues in both legs from either micro tears or compartment syndrome. I went to the doctor and they sent me to physical therapy for knots/scar tissue rehab and it went away but recently showed up again and the only thing I changed was starting taking xgels. These problems are extremely painful and will take you to your knees while you're running. Is the xgels possibly the problem? Thanks
I've never had x gels make my "pulled muscles" flare up, but it did make my hip flexor flare up really bad (i have an injury and it just made it hurt a little worse, went away after discontinuing x gels).

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
If you take them on an off day, really won't matter if taking all at once or spread thru the day...however a more common dosing these days is to only dose (1-2g pre) on workout days only...
ok i think that's what I'll do. will make my bottle last longer

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i weigh 173 was thinkn of dosing 6 caps in workout days what u rhink

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i weigh 173 was thinkn of dosing 6 caps in workout days what u rhink
4 should work just fine, when i was 180 i dosed 4 pwo and felt the benefits with in 1 week

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
OP it could aggravate already existing injuries for sure; so if you have pain, chances are it could make it worse - but chances are it also might not. Everyone is different but be aware that their is a possibility

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
anyone get headaches? doin back rt now and have a bad headache

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anyone get headaches? doin back rt now and have a bad headache
ArA can cause headaches in certain individuals. What dose are you using?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4 caps pre
You might have to drop the dose to one or two caps and work your way back up to 4 caps. This tends to help with the headaches.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
cool man thanks.... i think i did read that somehere

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP it could aggravate already existing injuries for sure; so if you have pain, chances are it could make it worse - but chances are it also might not. Everyone is different but be aware that their is a possibility
Yeah, it's very strange. X gels made my hip flexor flare up but did not affect my bicep tendonitis at all.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it's very strange. X gels made my hip flexor flare up but did not affect my bicep tendonitis at all.
Doesn't flare up my bicep tendonitis either.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For me it didn't flare up much at all. All results, no pain :D