Tetradecylthioacetic acid

sina

Banned
Awards
I am still curious about TTA. I notice it isn't popular these days anymore. I did a brief review on some studies and it's shown to be safe to take however some studies have done up to 300-400mg/kg I know this is for rats but however is TTA still used amongst a recomp stack and is it needed to be cycle?

Tetradecylthioacetic acid prevents high fat diet induced adiposity and insulin resistance
Pharmacology and Safety of Tetradecylthioacetic Acid (TTA):... : Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From what I recall, big pharma got involved with it and TTA can no longer be used in OTC supplements.

Certainly a highly safe and effective fat loss ingredient.

sina

Banned
Awards
I spoken to some people about this on a diff. board they are saying it's compartive to T3 (cytomel) however I haven't deeply researched TTA but I would assume if TTA mimicks Cytomel T3 wouldn't it need to be cycled just as Cytomel T3/T4 would be?

So TTA isn't produced anymore unless old products are contained such as Alpha T2 and I think SNS Thyrocaps

From what I recall, big pharma got involved with it and TTA can no longer be used in OTC supplements.

Reactions: mw1
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

This.

We used to put out TTA-500 - was very popular. As was the original DCP.

sina

Banned
Awards
Well that sucks. I guess TTA is out of the equation... So the new DCP 2.0 and Alpha-T2 contain no TTA?

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
Well that sucks. I guess TTA is out of the equation... So the new DCP 2.0 and Alpha-T2 contain no TTA?
Alpha T-2 used to contain T2 (3,3' diiodo l Thyronine), not TTA. Different thing entirely. The new formula contains different components that still modulate thyroid function, but more effectively. DCP 2.0 doesn't have TTA but it does have a host of other great ingredients that make the new formula excellent in its own right.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I believe there is a retailer that was holding back a lot of SNS TTA and is going to start selling it soon
Interesting. I thought it was gone forever.

sina

Banned
Awards
T2 (3,3' diiodo l Thyronine) vs. TTA... What's the difference.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
T2 (3,3' diiodo l Thyronine) vs. TTA... What's the difference.
TTA would be better compared to GW501516 what many mistakenly called a SARM the below text is probably where the t2 comparison comes from

"One study assessing the safety and pharmacology of supplemental TTA noted that one subject in the 1,000mg group experienced an increase in free T4 and reduction in TSH, although it was not deemed clinically relevant and over the whole group there were no other noticeable changes in thyroid function"

Tetradecyl Thioacetic Acid - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

As for the old style T2 it just does not compare to the real thing...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
TTA is a multi PPAR agonist (similar to new Erase), increases b-oxidation, and acts as a mild uncoupler. Really no comparison to thyroid hormones...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe there is a retailer that was holding back a lot of SNS TTA and is going to start selling it soon
Someone better aware me when this happens. I am down to my last half a bottle of SNS TTA (saving it for this summer shreddednessssss lol).

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone ever try SP's bulk TTA? Their product quality issues in the past has me hesitant to purchase

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to this. I sincerely doubt stock will last terribly long unless the prices are astronomical.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever try SP's bulk TTA? Their product quality issues in the past has me hesitant to purchase
I think I am going to give SP a try for this one.

bdybldnaam

Awards
Who here have used it on a bulk to minimize fat gain?

Was it effective? Or would you prefer it on a cut/recomp?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Who here have used it on a bulk to minimize fat gain?

Was it effective? Or would you prefer it on a cut/recomp?

Not yet but I am going to add it to my cut... lets see how much of a difference it makes for contest prep.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya i wouldn't really compare TTA to T3 hehe, but it is a safe and effective fat loss aid. Remember, you will retain water once going on, so you'll need to be off for a few days to judge efficacy.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Ya i wouldn't really compare TTA to T3 hehe, but it is a safe and effective fat loss aid. Remember, you will retain water once going on, so you'll need to be off for a few days to judge efficacy.
No they don't seem to be anything alike ...but how will they work together that is the current question :cool:

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
While this definitely sounds cool to clean up a bulk... how about cutting on keto? Reduced effectiveness?

Bullyson

Awards
I used a product called DCP from Zoe Labs back in '94-'95, is this the same thing? I don't recall the ingredients. Also, is TTA a stimulant? I have high BP that I think was caused from taking massive amounts of Ephedrine years ago.

This.

We used to put out TTA-500 - was very popular. As was the original DCP.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I used a product called DCP from Zoe Labs back in '94-'95, is this the same thing? I don't recall the ingredients. Also, is TTA a stimulant? I have high BP that I think was caused from taking massive amounts of Ephedrine years ago.
I have never heard of long term bp issues after discontinuing stims? Are you still taking in large amounts of caffeine or another stim? Are you sure it is stim related not bf% or sodium intake?

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
This looks really interesting.. bulkpowders (UK) sell this in bulk. How do you generally go about dosing this in terms of quantity and timing??

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This looks really interesting.. bulkpowders (UK) sell this in bulk. How do you generally go about dosing this in terms of quantity and timing??
Do you have experience with bulk powders? Have your ordered from them recently?

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
The site doesn't list the US as a country they ship to
Whoops I never saw this
Well I live in Australia... And it ships here so surely it would ship to USA?
Can't wait to try it! Dosing recommendations anyone?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whoops I never saw this
Well I live in Australia... And it ships here so surely it would ship to USA?
Can't wait to try it! Dosing recommendations anyone?
Take 1-2 grams a day, but make sure to also take it with electrolytes as a lot of users experience cramps on TTA. We actually combined electrolytes with our TTA in TTA-500.

Reactions: mw1
bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take 1-2 grams a day, but make sure to also take it with electrolytes as a lot of users experience cramps on TTA. We actually combined electrolytes with our TTA in TTA-500.
Synapsin is correct. I can attest to some savage cramps on TTA. As in waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to stand up because I couldn't straighten my leg without my quads cramping. Not fun.

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
Thanks!! :) and it's meant to be taken with food yeah?

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Im currently using tta for the second time and it is incredible for fatloss. Im about 2 weeks in and looking leaner. Im going for 8 weeks. Im really excited to see how I look after 6 more weeks and once I lose the water Im retaining!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im currently using tta for the second time and it is incredible for fatloss. Im about 2 weeks in and looking leaner. Im going for 8 weeks. Im really excited to see how I look after 6 more weeks and once I lose the water Im retaining!
Do you have bulk TTA or SNS-TTA 500?

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Do you have bulk TTA or SNS-TTA 500?
Using up the last of my stash of TTA 500 with this run but have 200g of bulk powder TTA im sitting on for a later time. My current cut isnt about getting super lean, but Ive bulked for the last year and put on a considerable amount of fat and basically just want to get back to the point I was before my bulk bodyfat wise. So far its going well and Im down roughly 15 lbs in 9 weeks and still retaining most of my mass. Strength has taken a big hit, but mass is clinging on very well.

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
Using up the last of my stash of TTA 500 with this run but have 200g of bulk powder TTA im sitting on for a later time. My current cut isnt about getting super lean, but Ive bulked for the last year and put on a considerable amount of fat and basically just want to get back to the point I was before my bulk bodyfat wise. So far its going well and Im down roughly 15 lbs in 9 weeks and still retaining most of my mass. Strength has taken a big hit, but mass is clinging on very well.
Nice work!! How have you been dosing if you don't mind me asking?

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Nice work!! How have you been dosing if you don't mind me asking?
Currently been doing 1 cap TTA500 30 minutes before breakfast and another cap 30 minutes before a workout. Been working very well so far and no problems with cramps.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Currently been doing 1 cap TTA500 30 minutes before breakfast and another cap 30 minutes before a workout. Been working very well so far and no problems with cramps.
You plan on dosing bulk TTA with electrolytes?

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
Nice! Good to hear

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
what would be sufficient with bulk powder? Some V8? It's high I potassium and sodium.
buy some millennium sports athlytes atp tablets. that should fix the cramping.

Younglifter16

Awards
Be sure to tell us how bulk powders tta works
they work just fine. Currently on my third run with a bulk TTA powder, convenient and cheap. The stuff is awesome so i suggest everyone stock up while you can still find it.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
they work just fine. Currently on my third run with a bulk TTA powder, convenient and cheap. The stuff is awesome so i suggest everyone stock up while you can still find it.
Smart buy?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I'm gonna go with bulk TTA and millennium sport athlytes-ATP caps.

Or if I could get my hands on some SNS TTA-500.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think I'm gonna go with bulk TTA and millennium sport athlytes-ATP caps.

Or if I could get my hands on some SNS TTA-500.
is there anywhere to get komodo neutraceuticals katana?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure if it's re-released yet. What you thinking?
Should be within a couple weeks I believe. Hopefully.......mine is almost gone. :(