Old Supplements still OK to take? Like 4 years old?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
OK, long story short I used to lift a lot, was big into supplements...yada yada yada. I have some issues and stopped lifting and supplementing for about 4 year. So I have a boatload of supplements that are 4+ years old. I threw out the obviously bad stuff but do you guys think I could still take any of the following items or should I toss it out? It probably threw out $200 worth of stuff already :( - Such is life :)

Tricreatine Malate
Beta Alanine
Kwick Karb
Dextrose
Maltodextrin
Multi-vitamin
ZMA
Yellow Gold
Honey Dew flavoring
BCAAs

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was in the same situation. And did the same. Checked the aspect and taste of my supplements I continued taking them. Only ones I did throw away were, AKG tabs (changed color), glucoronolactone ( changed color) .

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK, long story short I used to lift a lot, was big into supplements...yada yada yada. I have some issues and stopped lifting and supplementing for about 4 year. So I have a boatload of supplements that are 4+ years old. I threw out the obviously bad stuff but do you guys think I could still take any of the following items or should I toss it out? It probably threw out $200 worth of stuff already :( - Such is life :)

Tricreatine Malate
Beta Alanine
Kwick Karb
Dextrose
Maltodextrin
Multi-vitamin
ZMA
Yellow Gold
Honey Dew flavoring
BCAAs
Where were they stored the past 4 years

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Where were they stored the past 4 years
In my kitchen pantry. Normally the house is fairly well maintained temp wise, but there were some times I went on vacations where the temps were in the 80s for a few days straight. I know creatine can turn to something non-useful when wet. The tricreatine malate isn't too chunky so it appears dry, although creatine is so cheap it may not be worth the potential stomach issues of drinking water logged creatine.
I can't image sutff like my karbs, malto, dextrose, etc. would really go "bad".

I'm not sure of BCAAs,
I think I'll toss out the vits and zma though. i can't imagine vitamins keep too well.