Supplements for SNRI-fat gain and low testosterone

Kamara

Kamara

Awards
Hi

Can somebody help me out here. I have just started on 150mg venlafaxine(snri) for my anxiety. Now I fear, that I will gain too much fat around the belly and that it will lover my testosterone-level. I could some advice on some supplements, that can counter these effecs as good as possible. I also read that the venlafaxine may rasie the prolactin-level. Will something like l-dopa be able to help me out here ?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't believe many here will recommend fat burners do to the fact they tend to elevate anxiety. you could use natural things that will support a healthy life style but really its going to come down to you controlling your diet:
fish oil
CLA
Raspberry ketones
l-carnitine
forskolin
as for prolactin control there are a few things that can help..
p5p, vitex, L-dopa all work to a certain degree.

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
For testosterone I'd look into Alphamax. For prolactin I'd go with a good quality mucuna pruiens extract over a high % L-dopa extract. Mucuna has other constituents that seem to enhance its efficacy. Forskolin, whether you get it from a product like Alphamax or otherwise, I'd strongly suggest it in any stack designed to boost test and mitigate fat gain.

Fat gain on an SNRI is not inevitable.

Kamara

Kamara

Awards
For testosterone I'd look into Alphamax. For prolactin I'd go with a good quality mucuna pruiens extract over a high % L-dopa extract. Mucuna has other constituents that seem to enhance its efficacy. Forskolin, whether you get it from a product like Alphamax or otherwise, I'd strongly suggest it in any stack designed to boost test and mitigate fat gain.

Fat gain on an SNRI is not inevitable.
Thanks for answering both of you!

How much l-dopa and forskolin will you recommend?

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
Thanks for answering both of you!

How much l-dopa and forskolin will you recommend?
Forskolin I'd go 50-75mg of a 95% extract. 75mg seems to be a popular dose around here (that's what I use), and some go as high as 100mg. L-dopa if you went with something like Dopadex (98% L-dopa) then I'd dose it 3x daily (so 750mg). Mucuna pruriens is dosed at 5grams daily in the studies I'm familiar with, which at a 15% extract yields the same L-dopa content as 3x Dopadex. Mucuna is theorized to contain other helpful compounds that may help with the MOA of the L-dopa for prolactin reduction.

Kamara

Kamara

Awards
I consider to use Pro Erasa, anabeta elite and some NOW DOPA Mucuna Pruriens. What do you guys think about a stack like that ?

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
This is true, though venlafaxine specifically is dose-dependent in the way it works on dopamine. It appears to only affect dopamine reuptake above 300mg/day. Something to keep in mind...

Kamara

Kamara

Awards
Thanks

Also now after I have ordered the products, I have found out that Mucuna Pruriens contains minor amounts of 5-htp. Will that be a problem combined with the SNRI? I mean I wont use it of course, if it may cause serotonine syndrome.

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
My understanding is that it contains trace amounts of 5-HTP, not enough to cause serotonin syndrome at typical doses. I've combined Mucuna with escitalopram without issue, though YMMV and the usual disclaimers apply.

Kamara

Kamara

Awards
I have ordered NOW Foods Dopa Mucuna Mood Support 15% L-Dopa. I wonder how many capsules I should take per day?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I would keep in mind that there are interactions between l-dopa and an SNRI...
This... You stay clear of certain supplements while on SSRI's or SNRI's.

xhrr

Awards
I have ordered NOW Foods Dopa Mucuna Mood Support 15% L-Dopa. I wonder how many capsules I should take per day?
You've heard a couple smart dudes tell you to stay away from L-Dopa on SNRI/SSRI and yet you still ordered it......no sympathy for some people.

I hope the miniscule difference is worth the risk

mrmello

mrmello

Awards
Hi

Can somebody help me out here. I have just started on 150mg venlafaxine(snri) for my anxiety. Now I fear, that I will gain too much fat around the belly and that it will lover my testosterone-level. I could some advice on some supplements, that can counter these effecs as good as possible. I also read that the venlafaxine may rasie the prolactin-level. Will something like l-dopa be able to help me out here ?

The best TEST supplement - is TEST POWDER. ERASE PRO is worthless specially the new formula which contais an herb called ''Uncaria Tomentosa'' as the main ingredient.

TEST POWDER shows - with blood work 30.6% increase in TEST while ERASE (old formula) with Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione a disapointing 11.7%.

uncaria tomentosas is worhtless you can search it.. its good for a wide range of things from diabitis in mice to genital herpis. Closest thing to estrogen control -therefore increased test it has was a study done with raibow trout yet still the conclusion was ''it may'' inlfuence estradiol in FISH. LOL

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24507142

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
The best TEST supplement - is TEST POWDER. ERASE PRO is worthless specially the new formula which contais an herb called ''Uncaria Tomentosa'' as the main ingredient.

TEST POWDER shows - with blood work 30.6% increase in TEST while ERASE (old formula) with Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione a disapointing 11.7%.

uncaria tomentosas is worhtless you can search it.. its good for a wide range of things from diabitis in mice to genital herpis. Closest thing to estrogen control -therefore increased test it has was a study done with raibow trout yet still the conclusion was ''it may'' inlfuence estradiol in FISH. LOL

Why would you mention Erase Pro? It hasn't been mentioned by OP or anyone else and you're comparing a test booster with an AI...

xhrr

Awards

Haha thread derailed. Also, motive, you have one.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Dehydroabietic acid (DHAA) alters met... [Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014] - PubMed - NCBI
Didn't I already answer your post? Your research skills are very poor based on what you keep posting, so I don't understand how you can judge a product based on what...a google search? The link you posted isn't even related to uncaria tomentosa. :confused:

Here you go, educate yourself:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/239618-abieta-8-11-a-3.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/239679-uncaria-tomentosa-extract.html

mrmello

mrmello

Awards
Didn't I already answer your post? Your research skills are very poor based on what you keep posting, so I don't understand how you can judge a product based on what...a google search? The link you posted isn't even related to uncaria tomentosa. :confused:

Here you go, educate yourself:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/239618-abieta-8-11-a-3.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/239679-uncaria-tomentosa-extract.html
My search skills are poor? ok let´s see: Abieta-8,11,13-trien-18-oic acid (aka Dehydroabietic Acid - DHAA) Ohhh look... its also knwon as DHAA just like the study I posted. But you are soo smart Mr cooper, I bet you are much better than those silly PhD´s at Ontario´s Institute of Technology aren´t you? Certanlty smarter than all the chemists and you know all the possible names for your herb extract, certatnly do.

http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.5428464.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/239618-abieta-8-11-a.html

Go check it out ''genius'' . I judge based not on google but on scientific articles from real researchers. You judge based on what again? Oh yea, an IN VITRO study of DHAA. Sure it did pretty well in a test tube in China.. but again the ONLY study of DHAA IN VIVO was done in... oh thats right FISH - which brings us back to the study I posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Kamara View Post
I consider to use Pro Erasa, anabeta elite and some NOW DOPA Mucuna Pruriens. What do you guys think about a stack like that ?

Thought Karma mentioned Erase Pro and was answering to that.

Last edited:
TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
You've heard a couple smart dudes tell you to stay away from L-Dopa on SNRI/SSRI and yet you still ordered it......no sympathy for some people.

I hope the miniscule difference is worth the risk
The OP should respond to any side effects experienced by discontinuing the mucuna, however in the absence of dopamine reuptake inhibition at his stated 150mg dose of venlafaxine (1), I think the risk is being overstated. Unless I'm missing something, the only risk would be with L-dopa and the DRI properties of venlafaxine (too much dopamine). Serotonergics such as 5-HTP are not present in mucuna at doses large enough to cause serotonin syndrome on those taking SNRIs and SSRIs.

(1) http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s002130050638

xhrr

Awards
The OP should respond to any side effects experienced by discontinuing the mucuna, however in the absence of dopamine reuptake inhibition at his stated 150mg dose of venlafaxine (1), I think the risk is being overstated. Unless I'm missing something, the only risk would be with L-dopa and the DRI properties of venlafaxine (too much dopamine). Serotonergics such as 5-HTP are not present in mucuna at doses large enough to cause serotonin syndrome on those taking SNRIs and SSRIs.

(1) http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s002130050638
The point is the miniscule difference the mucuna will make is not worth the risk.

Kamara

Kamara

Awards
I would keep in mind that there are interactions between l-dopa and an SNRI...
Well I should learn to listen a bit more to the smart guys in here :) . It seems like the Mucuna has caused me a bit anxiety. I think I will try some ashwaganda instead. Ashwagandha should also help decreasing prolactin, right ?

I really enjoy the erase and anabeta btw.