Tendon Strengthening Supplements - what is out there?

eaglethree

Awards
I have a pretty good case of tendonitis going in my left bicep and am becoming frustrated with it. I have tried Achilles but I get heart palpitations with it for some reason, so I have to find an alternative. Is there another place where I can find heteropterys aphrodisiaca that is lab certified? I would like to take this as the preferred route. Or is there another sup that contains ingredients that strengthen tendons (and is backed up with research)? Sucks that I cant use Achilles, but it is what it is.

Thanks for your help with this. It is greatly appreciated.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Did the Achilles work for you besides heart palpalations?

eaglethree

Awards
I would like to say yes, but I wasn't able to get beyond two weeks into it. Tried twice with a month interval and no other supps along with it to ensure I got a good test in. Second time I cut the dosage to one cap a day to build up to a regular dose - still occurred but less, thankfully. For whatever reason my body just doesn't like it. As a result I am looking at taking heteropterys aphrodisiaca as a stand-alone to see if that works - if it can be found. I am having issues finding what I would call a reputable supplier. I would be willing to try another supp that would provide tendon support as long as it had some level of research backing the ingredients (this is what attracted me to Achilles and heteropterys aphrodisiaca in the first place).

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Figured I would chime in what what works for me: Aside from Glucosamine and Cissus (SNS or USP), look into Epharm Joint Force. It's by far the best joint/tendon/ligament supplement I've ever used. If you search it on here, there's a thread with the studies from each ingredient posted. I have a strained AC joint and I'll apply it to my skin, put Saran Wrap over it for a half hour, and I have immediate pain relief. I've taken it for quite a while now and it's improved my shoulder greatly (in combination with rehab)

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have a pretty good case of tendonitis going in my left bicep and am becoming frustrated with it. I have tried Achilles but I get heart palpitations with it for some reason, so I have to find an alternative. Is there another place where I can find heteropterys aphrodisiaca that is lab certified? I would like to take this as the preferred route. Or is there another sup that contains ingredients that strengthen tendons (and is backed up with research)? Sucks that I cant use Achilles, but it is what it is.

I would suggest athletes joint restore. It worked great for my tendonitis in my knee.

amarula

Awards
Figured I would chime in what what works for me: Aside from Glucosamine and Cissus (SNS or USP), look into Epharm Joint Force. It's by far the best joint/tendon/ligament supplement I've ever used. If you search it on here, there's a thread with the studies from each ingredient posted. I have a strained AC joint and I'll apply it to my skin, put Saran Wrap over it for a half hour, and I have immediate pain relief. I've taken it for quite a while now and it's improved my shoulder greatly (in combination with rehab)
I agree with this recomendations. Also I-Force has a product that receives good reviews

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a pretty good case of tendonitis going in my left bicep and am becoming frustrated with it. I have tried Achilles but I get heart palpitations with it for some reason, so I have to find an alternative. Is there another place where I can find heteropterys aphrodisiaca that is lab certified? I would like to take this as the preferred route. Or is there another sup that contains ingredients that strengthen tendons (and is backed up with research)? Sucks that I cant use Achilles, but it is what it is. Thanks for your help with this. It is greatly appreciated.
A quick search of CissusRX will show tons of positive feedback, Including myself from waaaay back in the day as well as breezy11.

Playing college baseball biceps tendinitis is always an issue, after about a month of dosing the problem subsided and almost completely gone.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I use MSM, hyaularonic acid and super cissus. Does the job with no side effects. Also cissus is a natural anabolic

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another vote for Joint Force. That has come through for me on more occasions than I can remember.

vanbeast73

vanbeast73

Awards
Look at flexible man i have bad joint due to all my sports and reckless days as a teen I still wrestle in collage and man it helps me a lot!!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
joint help is incredible for soothing painful joints. It says on the label not to consume with stimulants. so it may or may not be a fit for you OP

I personally can use it with stims and notice no difference, but I don't recommend that.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SuperCissus is a staple for me. It works extremely fast and provides long-term protection as well. When I first started using it I was dealing with some tendon issues and they started feeling better in about a week. I used to have tendon soreness in my forearms that would come and go and elbow pain at times. Since I have been using SuperCissus those things haven't been a problem. Things like glucosamine/chondroitin and hyaluronic acid are certainly useful as well, but I would start with cissus.

JayJ

JayJ

Awards
Achilles, SNS Cissus XT, Elastimine, Osteo-Sport are good picks.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Achilles, SNS Cissus XT, Elastimine, Osteo-Sport are good picks.
Cissus XT very effective and affordable. Good stand alone or part of a joint health stack.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Joint help and Cissus are the two supps I use with great success.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Joint Help by iForce and then for specific areas (ankle for me) I solely use Epharm's Joint Force. It simply works.

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
I take Cissus and Athletic Joint Restore...my joints feel amazing!! I have been cursed with tendinitis and dry achy joints for most of my life, but since I started using these two products in conjunction, I have never felt better. And I did use Cissus for years prior to adding the Athetic Joint Restore, it simply didnt cut it alone, I still had bad aching wrists and shoulders, which now feel amazing!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Any of you guys take cissus above recommended amounts? If so is it working better for you?

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
I take as recommended, I've take 1.5x recommended amount after little injuries but never any more then that.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any of you guys take cissus above recommended amounts? If so is it working better for you?
I took 4 SuperCissus and 4 Achilies, which I believe combined, is over the typical amount. I've never done it with straight Cissus though.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I have tried just about every OTC supplement if you truly have tendinitis some will provide relief but likely they will not heal or cure it. Please don't take this as a bash on any of the products or ingredients mentioned. The only cure for me was increasing my growth hormone and igf-1 levels through the use of peptides. Just my 2 cents..

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Joint force is great for tendonitis. I have bad achilles tendonitis and joint force does a great job at reducing it and keeping it at bay.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
braskibra

braskibra

Awards

In addition to supplementing, why not tailor your training to strengthen/ realign collagen

ZachD

Awards
Yeah either had I...unfortunately I looked past what I thought was a harmless joint supplement only to find out cissus is loaded with progestins (which is partly why it works). I just had wrist surgery so I'm not typing so fast but there are a couple of threads about it on here. Unfortunately my small amount of gyno that I had received when I thought prohormones were cool was inflated 5 times over and now I'm in the position (after speaking with doctors and doing god awful tests) of debating on hoping my body will take care of it like it was doing before I took cissus or have it surgically removed. Just a heads up from someone who has been there. I was personally taking PrimaForce. Not saying it will cause it, which I do doubt... but it did exasperate the gyno I had previously "earned".

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established

Cissus and fish oil work great for me but I don't think they strengthen (I think they mostly reduce inflammation, although cissus might help for strengthening). I know this isn't a real answer to your question, but whenever I have an issue, I always try to remember to use some deep tissue massage, foam rolling, and stretching. Those (esp nice deep tissue work) can do more than supplements most of the time.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
I have tried just about every OTC supplement if you truly have tendinitis some will provide relief but likely they will not heal or cure it. Please don't take this as a bash on any of the products or ingredients mentioned. The only cure for me was increasing my growth hormone and igf-1 levels through the use of peptides. Just my 2 cents..
Care to share those peptides? Haha.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I tried but didn't get more relief...then I tried combining with high-dose fish oil and it worked like a charm.

***Edit: I doubled my dose but that was actually still just 4 caps per day, so not above recommended dose. My bad!***

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
4 caps of supercissus is what I use cutrently. 2x 1600mg doses
Ah, ok. I've been using 3-4 heaping teaspoons ED of USPowders' Bulk Super Cissus (Cissus Quandrangularis 20% Ketones), so that's somewhere around 3-4.5 grams I guess. Good to know I'm taking sort of a normal dose because I seriously had no idea.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Care to share those peptides? Haha.
This was the fix for me was GHRP-2 and CJC-1295 w/o dac 200mcg of ghrp2 and 150mcg cjc-1295 wo/dac 3x a day... or rather the fix for my bunny...

amarula

Awards
Joint force is great for tendonitis. I have bad achilles tendonitis and joint force does a great job at reducing it and keeping it at bay.
Do you think joint force would be of help in shoulder issues related with heavy pressing or it's more for near surface tendons like elbows?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This was the fix for me was GHRP-2 and CJC-1295 w/o dac 200mcg of ghrp2 and 150mcg cjc-1295 wo/dac 3x a day... or rather the fix for my bunny...
Ever try TB500 on bunny? My bunnies glute/ham pull is still sore, I may try the above mentioned... What is dac?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
I am ignorant to what you just said... hahaha. I was at least hoping I'd have a SIGHT CLUE to what those things are..haha.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I am ignorant to what you just said... hahaha. I was at least hoping I'd have a SIGHT CLUE to what those things are..haha.
They are peptides that increase your bodies production of growth hormone. You must reconstitute the powders with
Bacteriostatic Water for subcutaneous injections.

bgaunt769

Awards
What would happen if I combined nerve restore with achilles, would there be a synergistic effect between the two?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dunno about synergistic but I'm combining them both and I'm feeling alright.

bgaunt769

Awards
Do u have any issues as far as with your tendons

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strained AC, imflammed joints. Achilies is no miracle product, even taken combined with Joint Force and Nerve Restore. I still have issues that I'm working on correcting. No plantar fasciitis like yourself. I'd give Joint Force a go for sure, though.

Worth mentioning, I k-taped my wife's foot for hers, and she said it helped a little after one of her runs. Dunno if it really helps or not.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry, thought you wrote "doing" not "dosing". My bad.

Achilies 2 caps AM/2 caps PM, seperated from my workouts.

Nerve Restore, 3 caps preworkout. Non workout days, whenever.

Joint Force, applied on problem spot with Saran Wrap nightly.