NMDA Doesn't Work - Muscle Warfare

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They used muscle Warfare in this study...

J Sports Sci Med, 2014 vol. 13(1) pp. 192-9

Heavy Resistance Training and Supplementation With the Alleged Testosterone Booster Nmda has No Effect on Body Composition, Muscle Performance, and Serum Hormones Associated With the Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Gonadal Axis in Resistance-Trained Males

Willoughby, DS; Spillane, M; Schwarz, N

The effects of 28 days of heavy resistance training while ingesting the alleged testosterone-boosting supplement, NMDA, were determined on body composition, muscle strength, serum cortisol, prolactin, and hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary- gonadal (HPG) axis. Twenty resistance-trained males engaged in 28 days of resistance training 4 times/wk while orally ingesting daily either 1.78 g of placebo (PLAC) or NMDA. Data were analyzed with separate 2 x 2 ANOVA (p < 0.05). Criterion measures involved body composition, muscle strength, serum cortisol, prolactin, and gonadal hormone levels [free and total testosterone, luteininzing hormome (LH), gonadotrophin releasing hormone (GnRH), estradiol], and were assessed before (Day 0) and after (Day 29) resistance training and supplementation. No changes were noted for total body water and fat mass in response to resistance training (p > 0.05) or supplementation (p > 0.05). In regard to total body mass and fat-free mass, however, each was significantly increased in both groups in response to resistance training (p < 0.05), but were not affected by supplementation (p > 0.05). In both groups, lower-body muscle strength was significantly increased in response to resistance training (p < 0.05); however, supplementation had no effect (p > 0.05). All serum hormones (total and free testosterone, LH, GnRH, estradiol, cortisol, prolactin) were unaffected by resistance training (p > 0.05) or supplementation (p > 0.05). The gonadal hormones and cortisol and prolactin were unaffected by 28 days of NMDA supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass. At the dose provided, NMDA had no effect on HPG axis activity or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle. Key PointsIn response to 28 days of heavy resistance training and NMDA supplementation, similar increases in muscle mass and strength in both groups occurred; however, the increases were not different between supplement groups.

The supplementation of NMDA had no preferential effect on augmenting testosterone or decreasing estrogen, cortisol, and prolactin.While resistance training was effective in increasing muscle mass and strength, it was not preferentially due to NMDA supplementation.At the dose provided, NMDA supplementation for 28 days combined with resistance training does not increases muscle mass and strength due to its ability to elevate endogenous testosterone levels and lower cortisol and prolactin when compared to placebo.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Muscle Warfare has 1.78g of NMDA in it? I thought the typical dose of this (ala Intimidate from iForce) is 30mg?

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Muscle Warfare has 1.78g of NMDA in it? I thought the typical dose of this (ala Intimidate from iForce) is 30mg?
I think it depends if you are trying to put out a test booster product or using NMDA as a cognitive enhancer.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this was brought up in another thread.....does the product as a whole contain 1.78g's, i can't pull up the ingredient panel, but i think they have other stuff in their product

intimidate has 30mg's of nmda

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this was brought up in another thread.....does the product as a whole contain 1.78g's, i can't pull up the ingredient panel, but i think they have other stuff in their product

intimidate has 30mg's of nmda
It contains long jack, and Mucuna Pruriens in addition to NMDA. Prop blend.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The product contains 30mg of NMDA per serving, its entire proprietary blend is 1.78g.

The point was, NMDA didn't work.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It contains long jack, and Mucuna Pruriens in addition to NMDA. Prop blend.
interesting because i believe ben esgro said long jack is one of those only ingredients he recommends for test boosting

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The product contains 30mg of NMDA per serving, its entire proprietary blend is 1.78g.

i didn't get bloodwork done but nmda (intimidate and test boost) did what it needed to for me

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The product contains 30mg of NMDA per serving, its entire proprietary blend is 176mg/pill with 3 pills/day.

I do not agree that the product has 30mg/serving. Look at the ingredient profile:

NMDA in this product is included in a 35mg blend...as the least dosed product after DAA + TMG + SAMe

I will bet $5,000 and my left nut that the product doesn't have 30mg/dose because it's literally impossible for it to.

NMDA works, but has to be dosed appropriately...which this product does not do....for ANY ingredient.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

just to say it again, "NMDA" the product didn't work.

N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid works, and it works very well.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

"A certificate of analysis (COA) for NMDA performed by an independent lab (Nutricap Labs, Farmingdale, NY) was obtained from Muscle Warfare. From the COA, the content of each ingredient was accurately depicted on the product label and the purity of each ingredient was 100%. "

"The fourth limitation is the COA performed for the NMDA product. Even though an actual COA was performed by an independent laboratory, we did not perform a COA in our own laboratory on the NMDA product to confirm the results of the analysis. Despite confidence in our data, in lieu of these four limitations, our results should be interpreted with some amount of caution."

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
interesting because i believe ben esgro said long jack is one of those only ingredients he recommends for test boosting
I agree with Ben fwiw.

"The NMDA product also contains Eurycoma Longifolia Jack, also known as Tongkat Ali (TA), which is an herbal medicinal plant traditionally used to attenuate age-related decrements in energy, mood, and libido. However, TA can be found in a variety of products intended to improve libido and energy, increase testosterone, decrease cortisol, and enhance body composition and exercise performance. It has been speculated that TA induces an increase in testosterone by potentiating the release of testosterone from SHBG, thereby increasing the amount of free, bioavailable testosterone (Chaing et al., 1994). A recent study using older men and women involved TA supplementation at 400 mg daily for 5 weeks showed that TA resulted in significant increases in total and free testosterone and muscular force. The increase in free testosterone in women is thought to be due to the significant decline in SHBG concentrations, yet affirms the ergogenic benefit of TA through enhanced muscle strength (Henkel et al., 2013). In older, hypogonadal men, four weeks of TA supplementation at 200 mg·day-1 increased serum testosterone levels (Tambi et al., 2012). A study of young men involved in a five-week weight training program found that TA 100 mg·day-1 of TA supplementation increase muscle strength and mass to a greater extent than placebo (Hamzah and Yusof, 2003). While there are studies suggesting the potential effectiveness of TA supplementation on increases in serum testosterone and subsequent improvements in muscle performance, our results suggest the contrary as we showed no preferential effect on the serum levels of testosterone and cortisol or muscle strength by NMDA supplementation."

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not agree that the product has 30mg/serving. Look at the ingredient profile:

NMDA in this product is included in a 35mg blend...as the least dosed product after DAA + TMG + SAMe

I will bet $5,000 and my left nut that the product doesn't have 30mg/dose because it's literally impossible for it to.

NMDA works, but has to be dosed appropriately...which this product does not do....for ANY ingredient.
Rather, the study was getting the full dose of NMDA per serving.

They were taking 1.78 grams of the supplement, NMDA (the product) contains 176.5 milligrams per serving.

So they were taking what would seem to be the equivalent of 10 servings of NMDA.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rather, the study was getting the full dose of NMDA per serving.

They were taking 1.78 grams of the supplement, NMDA (the product) contains 176.5 milligrams per serving.

So they were taking what would seem to be the equivalent of 10 servings of NMDA.
even at 10x the dosage, you're not getting 30mg of NMDA/day. Think about it...its 4th in a 35mg blend. Do you REALLY think there is more than 3mg of SAMe in a pill?

This is a pixie dust product from start to finish.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd really like to see anything to indicate that oral NMDA works.

NMDA is more potent at the receptor, sure, I don't see anything to suggest that 30mg of orally consumed NMDA makes it to the receptor.
NMDA is metabolized by DAAO just the same as DAA is.
NMDA is a larger molecule, less capable of penetrating the BBB and entering the hypothalamus than DAA.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd really like to see anything to indicate that oral NMDA works.

NMDA is more potent at the receptor, sure, I don't see anything to suggest that 30mg of orally consumed NMDA makes it to the receptor.
NMDA is metabolized by DAAO just the same as DAA is.
NMDA is a larger molecule, less capable of penetrating the BBB and entering the hypothalamus than DAA.
Wasn't the data available showing that it worked done via injection of it into certain parts of the brain?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Lmao at 35 mg prop blend of ingredients that need much higher dosing to do anything

And I can't see 1 cap having more then 5mg. They recommend 3/day which is half at most what is needed for nmda

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lmao at 35 mg prop blend of ingredients that need much higher dosing to do anything

And I can't see 1 cap having more then 5mg. They recommend 3/day which is half at most what is needed for nmda
Nobody even knows what dose it would need to do anything.

There has been excatly zero study relating to oral consumption of NMDA, and how much that affects NMDA levels in the hypothalamus.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nobody even knows what dose it would need to do anything.

There has been excatly zero study relating to oral consumption of NMDA, and how much that affects NMDA levels in the hypothalamus.
Your right, I should have clarified , but supposedly it's 100x more potent? Which is I assume how the number comes up

There's a lot of things that affect that receptor in the hypothalamus and cause a myriad of different affects

I do have some intimidate srt at home tho

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your right, I should have clarified , but supposedly it's 100x more potent? Which is I assume how the number comes up

There's a lot of things that affect that receptor in the hypothalamus and cause a myriad of different affects

I do have some intimidate srt at home tho
NMDA triggers its maximal hormone releasing effects at 1/100th the concentration that D-aspartic acid requires to trigger its maximial effects when either substance is injected directly into rat hypothalamus

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established

30mg per serving, right? Definitely not per cap after seeing NMDA is the last ingredient in a 35mg prop blend...

And how much is the serving size anyway? The suggested use is pretty confusing so I couldn't figure out how many capsules actually make up 1 serving.

Am asking because I picked up a few bottles of this at like $5 each from the NP sale to sub for Intimidate SRT (which works great at making my sleep deeply like a baby but is way too expensive)