The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide

Page 123 of 123 First ... 121122123

  1. Yes my plan is to take it only on workout days, PRE workout. So I'll dose fish oil first thing upon waking.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Geoffr View Post
    So should I avoid fish oil completely? Usually take it upon waking up and will workout 5+ hours after waking up? Is that enough time or should I just cut it out?
    Your run will be more effective if you just don't take any omega 3 supplements through out the entire duration of it.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    My posts outside of OL threads are my opinion, don't take them as offensive!
    [email protected]
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Your run will be more effective if you just don't take any omega 3 supplements through out the entire duration of it.
    That's what I figured, the only reason I'm questioning it is because of my tendonitis in my right elbow (golfers elbow)

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Geoffr View Post
    That's what I figured, the only reason I'm questioning it is because of my tendonitis in my right elbow (golfers elbow)
    Yeah gonna be very touch and go with how you fair with ARA then, fish oils likely wonít do chit
    OLYMPUS LABS
    My posts outside of OL threads are my opinion, don't take them as offensive!
    [email protected]

  5. I'll be doing the advanced cycle which is listed on the first page.
    Anyone know if there are specific times I should be taking HCA or ABE ? Should I just follow the instructions on the bottles or do I have to these supplements at a specific time of the day? Do I have to take them a specific amount of time before or after i take the arachidonic acid? Thanks in advance
    •   
       


  6. Is citrulline malate a good combination, because it helps decreasing the lactic acid in your muscle? And curcuma should also be taken 4 hours away?

  7. I posted this in a separate thread earlier today but thought I might get a better response moving my question here:

    I just got a couple bottles of x-gels and have been doing a fair amount of research on how best to run it. I've got ALCAR and GMS to make sure I get the most out of the product and I know it is best used when taken fasted pre-workout. My question is, can I continue my normal peri-workout nutrition routine? I make a shake of 30g cyclic dextrin and 15g whey/casein protein to drink 15 mins prior to workout. Intra-workout I sip another shake of the same. Will the pre-workout carbs cause insulin to shuttle the ARA to adipose tissue and null its effects?

    Thanks in advance for your input.

  8. Is there a list of supplements that should not be taken near ARA dosing or during an ARA run in general? I know omega 3s/fish oil but curious what else to keep an eye out for.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Your run will be more effective if you just don't take any omega 3 supplements through out the entire duration of it.
    Right on, so I cut out Omega 3s. I started the Xgels yesterday because my PCT starts next week. Should I avoid anything else with Xgels or around the same time frame as Xgels when taken PWO?

    Two weeks into my PCT I'm going to throw in Epilogue (Epicatechin), DermaStrength Unleashed (Laxogen), Reduce XT, and Mtest. Would any of these conflict with Xgels?

  10. Is current best practices using GMS (glycergrow) or soy lecithin granules (now Foods)?

    If so, how much of either?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Is current best practices using GMS (glycergrow) or soy lecithin granules (now Foods)?

    If so, how much of either?
    Both options are good, check 1st page of this thread for more info

  12. You can get lecithin for super cheap at local stores like Walmart. I still havenít found GMS anywhere locally but amazon has good prices on it. But lecithin usually comes capped already from what Iíve bought but gms does have the added benefit of being a volumizer. Canít really go wrong with either, or neither lol

  13. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    You can get lecithin for super cheap at local stores like Walmart. I still haven’t found GMS anywhere locally but amazon has good prices on it. But lecithin usually comes capped already from what I’ve bought but gms does have the added benefit of being a volumizer. Can’t really go wrong with either, or neither lol

    Can someone explain the added benifit of adding those to with Xgels?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Geoffr View Post
    Can someone explain the added benifit of adding those to with Xgels?
    The theory (used in the loose sense) is that lecithin or gms can act as an emulsifier and allow higher absorption of the ARA. The concept is similar to washing your hands with just water or washing your hands with water and soap. The soap emulsifiers the dirt and leaves your hands cleaner. So emulsifying the ARA should theoretically increase absorption as it essentially piggybacks on the emulsifying agent.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    The theory (used in the loose sense) is that lecithin or gms can act as an emulsifier and allow higher absorption of the ARA. The concept is similar to washing your hands with just water or washing your hands with water and soap. The soap emulsifiers the dirt and leaves your hands cleaner. So emulsifying the ARA should theoretically increase absorption as it essentially piggybacks on the emulsifying agent.
    Yeah, that's pretty much it.

    The most important thing you can do though, is just not use Fish Oil around the same time
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much it.

    The most important thing you can do though, is just not use Fish Oil around the same time
    I completely cut off fish oil because I was worried, unless their is some sort of time frame I can work in fish oils Without negatively impacting the Xgels?

  17. I am wondering whether it is such a big deal anyways. I do not get the impression that people were getting less results with the advanced formula including fish oil by the other major ArA brand (MN).

    I will soon run my new ArA, I hope it will be more successful this time. I will run 6 caps from the start

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Geoffr View Post
    I completely cut off fish oil because I was worried, unless their is some sort of time frame I can work in fish oils Without negatively impacting the Xgels?
    It's best to just avoid them completely. It's only for like 50 days or so, and can be done without. If you absolutely need them, then the further away you can dose them is best. Id say 4 hours after training, to allow for 16 hours or so until the next session.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mbonheur View Post
    I am wondering whether it is such a big deal anyways. I do not get the impression that people were getting less results with the advanced formula including fish oil by the other major ArA brand (MN).

    I will soon run my new ArA, I hope it will be more successful this time. I will run 6 caps from the start
    It absolutely is.

    When MN used to sell X Factor, I would tell people either X gels or X Factor would work. Both are identical. But then for some odd reason they used omega 3 with an omega 6, neglecting the basics of omega interaction.

    For example: Interactions of saturated, n-6 and n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids to modulate arachidonic acid metabolism.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2109031

    In the inflammatory response, two other groups of dietary essential fatty acids form cascades that parallel and compete with the arachidonic acid cascade.

    Then the below, taken from wikipedia because i'm lazy

    Displacement[edit]
    Dietary ω-3 decreases tissue concentrations of AA. Animal studies show that increased dietary ω-3 results in decreased AA in brain and other tissue,.[19] Linolenic acid (18:3 ω-3) contributes to this by displacing linoleic acid (18:2 ω-6) from the elongase and desaturase enzymes that produce AA. EPA inhibits phospholipase A2's release of AA from cell membrane.[20] Other mechanisms involving the transport of EFAs may also play a role.

    The reverse is also true – high dietary linoleic acid decreases the body's conversion of α-linolenic acid to EPA. However, the effect is not as strong; the desaturase has a higher affinity for α-linolenic acid than it has for linoleic acid.[21]

    Competitive Inhibition[edit]
    DGLA and EPA compete with AA for access to the cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase enzymes. So the presence of DGLA and EPA in tissues lowers the output of AA's eicosanoids. For example, dietary GLA increases tissue DGLA and lowers TXB2.[22][23] Likewise, EPA inhibits the production of series-2 PG and TX.[17] Although DGLA forms no LTs, a DGLA derivative blocks the transformation of AA to LTs.[24]

    Counteraction[edit]
    Some DGLA and EPA derived eicosanoids counteract their AA derived counterparts. For example, DGLA yields PGE1, which powerfully counteracts PGE2.[25] EPA yields the antiaggregatory prostacyclin PGI3 [26] It also yields the leuokotriene LTB5 which vitiates the action of the AA-derived LTB4.[27]
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    It absolutely is.

    When MN used to sell X Factor, I would tell people either X gels or X Factor would work. Both are identical. But then for some odd reason they used omega 3 with an omega 6, neglecting the basics of omega interaction.

    For example: Interactions of saturated, n-6 and n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids to modulate arachidonic acid metabolism.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2109031

    In the inflammatory response, two other groups of dietary essential fatty acids form cascades that parallel and compete with the arachidonic acid cascade.

    Then the below, taken from wikipedia because i'm lazy

    Displacement[edit]
    Dietary ω-3 decreases tissue concentrations of AA. Animal studies show that increased dietary ω-3 results in decreased AA in brain and other tissue,.[19] Linolenic acid (18:3 ω-3) contributes to this by displacing linoleic acid (18:2 ω-6) from the elongase and desaturase enzymes that produce AA. EPA inhibits phospholipase A2's release of AA from cell membrane.[20] Other mechanisms involving the transport of EFAs may also play a role.

    The reverse is also true Ė high dietary linoleic acid decreases the body's conversion of α-linolenic acid to EPA. However, the effect is not as strong; the desaturase has a higher affinity for α-linolenic acid than it has for linoleic acid.[21]

    Competitive Inhibition[edit]
    DGLA and EPA compete with AA for access to the cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase enzymes. So the presence of DGLA and EPA in tissues lowers the output of AA's eicosanoids. For example, dietary GLA increases tissue DGLA and lowers TXB2.[22][23] Likewise, EPA inhibits the production of series-2 PG and TX.[17] Although DGLA forms no LTs, a DGLA derivative blocks the transformation of AA to LTs.[24]

    Counteraction[edit]
    Some DGLA and EPA derived eicosanoids counteract their AA derived counterparts. For example, DGLA yields PGE1, which powerfully counteracts PGE2.[25] EPA yields the antiaggregatory prostacyclin PGI3 [26] It also yields the leuokotriene LTB5 which vitiates the action of the AA-derived LTB4.[27]
    I do think that I understand the science behind this, but is there actual user feedback saying that the advanced formula by MN is working less than the old one? I don't get the impression when I am looking for reviews.

    I will always buy Sns anyways as they are better priced, but I am just wondering about this. Like if the lost benefit of ArA from using Fish oil is not slightly overstated in practical applications

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mbonheur View Post
    I do think that I understand the science behind this, but is there actual user feedback saying that the advanced formula by MN is working less than the old one? I don't get the impression when I am looking for reviews.

    I will always buy Sns anyways as they are better priced, but I am just wondering about this. Like if the lost benefit of ArA from using Fish oil is not slightly overstated in practical applications
    Based on user feedback? Prob not. But based on what is actually happening? You are significantly reducing the impact/ potential of the product.

    User feedback is a terrible marker of what actually works. Amentoflavone for example has tremendous feedback, but has no % chance of doing anything, regardless of what people think.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Based on user feedback? Prob not. But based on what is actually happening? You are significantly reducing the impact/ potential of the product.

    User feedback is a terrible marker of what actually works. Amentoflavone for example has tremendous feedback, but has no % chance of doing anything, regardless of what people think.
    Why do you say this re: amentoflavone?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Why do you say this re: amentoflavone?
    What about amentoflavone leads you to believe it *does* work?
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Why do you say this re: amentoflavone?
    What about amentoflavone leads you to believe it *does* work?
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  25. Should EGCG be avoided around taking x gels? I believe it has some anti inflammatory properties. Any insight would be appreciated!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 09:18 PM
  2. Need some help with arachidonic acid diet
    By rochabp in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 03:54 AM
  3. The TRUTH behind Arachidonic Acid aka X-Factor!
    By jjohn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Log in
Log in