Recompadrol?

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
The subject came up last night about an ingredient in Recompadrol having a negative impact on muscle hypertrophy. Looking at the ingredients I'm wondering if a lot of the hype about Recompadrol is coming from the Vandyl sulphate? People who use it the first few times and are deficient in VS(almost everybody) are obviously going to get crazy skin tight pumps and think its from increased glycogen uptake when its really just from the VS. Then they go on the internet and rave about the product. What do you think am i being negative or is this a legit concern. Is the product proven to work?Im not hating I just bought a bottle.

anyway the discussion last night was about Barberine effecting uptake of ARA and also having a negative effect on hypertrophy

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The subject came up last night about an ingredient in Recompadrol having a negative impact on muscle hypertrophy. Looking at the ingredients I'm wondering if a lot of the hype about Recompadrol is coming from the Vandyl sulphate? People who use it the first few times and are deficient in VS(almost everybody) are obviously going to get crazy skin tight pumps and think its from increased glycogen uptake when its really just from the VS. Then they go on the internet and rave about the product. What do you think am i being negative or is this a legit concern. Is the product proven to work?Im not hating I just bought a bottle.

anyway the discussion last night was about Barberine effecting uptake of ARA and also having a negative effect on hypertrophy
I wouldn't worry too much about berberines affect on ara, if concerned just don't use recompadrol with pre workout meal. But then again if you were concerned about ara uptake in the right area you would want to be fasted or a pretty empty stomach before using ara

I think you read into the product

The pump can be coming from amino guanodine which functions similar to agmatine

Also the increase in usage of glycogen

Vs also is not the only ingredient that increases glucose uptake

Again, as I've stated before look at the overall product don't be caught up with just one of the many functions of a product

I can assure you, you will thoroughly enjoy your run

If you need a run down of how everything works when I am by my computer I will post up the write up

Or I can do cliffs like I did in the other thread of the ways it works for decomposition

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry too much about berberines affect on ara, if concerned just don't use recompadrol with pre workout meal. But then again if you were concerned about ara uptake in the right area you would want to be fasted or a pretty empty stomach before using ara

I think you read into the product

The pump can be coming from amino guanodine which functions similar to agmatine

Also the increase in usage of glycogen

Vs also is not the only ingredient that increases glucose uptake

Again, as I've stated before look at the overall product don't be caught up with just one of the many functions of a product

I can assure you, you will thoroughly enjoy your run

If you need a run down of how everything works when I am by my computer I will post up the write up

Or I can do cliffs like I did in the other thread of the ways it works for decomposition
Thats ok bro you dont have to, I believe you. ill be trying ti for myself soon enough. I have nothing against vs anyway I always liked it back in the day. My father thinks it was the only thing that ever worked according to him lol that and hot stuff

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats ok bro you dont have to, I believe you. ill be trying ti for myself soon enough. I have nothing against vs anyway I always liked it back in the day. My father thinks it was the only thing that ever worked according to him lol that and hot stuff
It's why it's included in the formula

I try and attract both new and old bodybuilders with familiarity, plus, it works lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You're getting too technical with one minor mechanism involved when there are TONS.

End if the day the best way to judge a supplement's effectiveness is to look at real experience and results. I think you will have a hard time finding a negative review of Recompadrol.

It has helped many, myself included, reach their goals.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
You're getting too technical with one minor mechanism involved when there are TONS.

End if the day the best way to judge a supplement's effectiveness is to look at real experience and results. I think you will have a hard time finding a negative review of Recompadrol.

It has helped many, myself included, reach their goals.
I believe that but even if it has a small negative effect over time it could add up to a lot. maybe its something that should be used sparingly?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe that but even if it has a small negative effect over time it could add up to a lot. maybe its something that should be used sparingly?
It doesn't effect these mechanism indefinitely

Just briefly

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't effect these mechanism indefinitely

Just briefly
I know but thats what I mean. A small net effect over time of continued use might equal less overall gains

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your decision man,

As long as your informed and information was presented that's all that matters

Thanks for your interest in recompadrol

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Well do you think what I'm saying is possible?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Well do you think what I'm saying is possible?
Anything is possible.

And any supplement can have side effects or ill effects based on the unique user.

Will this stop me from using creatine? Caffeine? Hell no lol

The line has to be drawn somewhere

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Anything is possible.And any supplement can have side effects or ill effects based on the unique user. Will this stop me from using creatine? Caffeine? Hell no lolThe line has to be drawn somewhere
Well with the ingredient berberine you have 2 negatives. 1 it interferes with ARA 2 it can have a negative effect on hypertrophy even if slight. I think there is another ingredient in there that effects fatty acid uptake and would interfere with ARA. Actually 1 of the ARA reps should look at the research and see if they think it would be wise to avoid it. That way you have a neutral party checking it out. maybe 1 will see this and chime in

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Well with the ingredient berberine you have 2 negatives. 1 it interferes with ARA 2 it can have a negative effect on hypertrophy even if slight. I think there is another ingredient in there that effects fatty acid uptake and would interfere with ARA. Actually 1 of the ARA reps should look at the research and see if they think it would be wise to avoid it. That way you have a neutral party checking it out. maybe 1 will see this and chime in
By that logic never use fish oil then, counteracts ARA. Never mind the hundred benefits it has for athletes and in treating a large range of conditions.

Just dose the Recompadrol away from the ARA. Should be fasted with ARA anyways, and not use a GDA post-workout.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Obviously my posts haven't helped you

But again

Caffeine, and things that effect ampk will have an effect on hypertrophy

and other things including omega 3s will affect ara

Antioxidents in high amount become a prooxident
SwollenOne will chime in more

Ill let everyone else chime in, I'm out. My reps as well won't be in

This way no body to schmooze you. You'll get it all from them

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Berberine activates AMPk, that's where you're getting this negative for muscle growth notion.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
By that logic never use fish oil then, counteracts ARA. Never mind the hundred benefits it has for athletes and in treating a large range of conditions.

Just dose the Recompadrol away from the ARA. Should be fasted with ARA anyways, and not use a GDA post-workout.
Why does fish oil counteract ARA?

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Obviously my posts haven't helped you

But again

Caffeine, and things that effect ampk will have an effect on hypertrophy

and other things including omega 3s will affect ara

Antioxidents in high amount become a prooxident
@SwollenOne will chime in more

Ill let everyone else chime in, I'm out. My reps as well won't be in

This way no body to schmooze you. You'll get it all from them
So you think the effect on hypertrophy is minimal? I have nothing against reps the more the merrier!

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Berberine activates AMPk, that's where you're getting this negative for muscle growth notion.
So you think its overstated not worth worrying about or it just doesn't have a negative effect at all?

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Berberine is supposedly anti-inflammatory to a degree, but I have used it with ArA (X Factor Advanced) and my results were fantastic! I also find that it is great with my PWO meals and hasn't stopped me from growing and getting stronger; it just helps me keep a bit leaner. The positives of berberine overwhelmingly outweigh the negatives.

Fish oils and other anti-inflammatories (advil and other NSAIDS, cissus, etc) can still be dosed when you are running ArA, but try to dose them as far away from your ArA as possible. I dose fish oil and cissus first thing when I wake up, and lift at night so I never had to change much, but on Saturdays I lift in the early afternoon, so I just don't dose the fish oil/cissus on that day.

To address your OP, I think recompadrol is possibly the best value in GDAs. You get 180 pills for like 30 bucks, and for low-med carb meals you only really need one. If you haven't tried it, I say go for it!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Berberine is supposedly anti-inflammatory to a degree, but I have used it with ArA (X Factor Advanced) and my results were fantastic! I also find that it is great with my PWO meals and hasn't stopped me from growing and getting stronger; it just helps me keep a bit leaner. The positives of berberine overwhelmingly outweigh the negatives.

Fish oils and other anti-inflammatories (advil and other NSAIDS, cissus, etc) can still be dosed when you are running ArA, but try to dose them as far away from your ArA as possible. I dose fish oil and cissus first thing when I wake up, and lift at night so I never had to change much, but on Saturdays I lift in the early afternoon, so I just don't dose the fish oil/cissus on that day.

To address your OP, I think recompadrol is possibly the best value in GDAs. You get 180 pills for like 30 bucks, and for low-med carb meals you only really need one. If you haven't tried it, I say go for it!
Thanks for the kind words Tyler

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wanted to reiterate and point this out,

Berberine alters the expression of metabolic genes in fat and muscle in vivo.
To investigate the mechanism of berberine action on insulin action and body weight, we next assessed the effects of berberine on the expression of certain genes that are known to play a critical role in energy balance. As shown in Fig. 4A, the expression of a number of adipocyte-specific genes including fatty acid synthase (FAS), ADD1/SREBP1c (adipocyte determination and differentiation-dependent factor 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)?, 11?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 (11?-HSD1), and aP2 was reduced in various WAT depots of berberine-treated mice. In contrast, the level of cyclin D kinase 5 mRNA was not significantly altered, indicating that the inhibitory effect of berberine on gene expression was restricted to adipogenic and lipogenic genes. Conversely, in skeletal muscle, the expression of uncoupling protein (UCP) 2 mRNA was significantly increased by berberine, while that of UCP3 was unchanged (Fig. 4B). In brown adipose tissue, the expression of PPAR? mRNA also increased dramatically, while the mRNA of lipogenic genes such as FAS was reduced as in the case of WAT (Fig. 4C). Additionally, expression of PPAR? coactivator-1, a key regulator of several mitochondrial genes involved in adaptive thermogenesis, was substantially increased (Fig. 4C).

To further investigate the effects of berberine on overall gene expression, we compared genome-wide expression profiles in the WAT of berberine-treated mice and control mice using DNA microarrays. The genes that responded reproducibly to berberine were categorized by their fold induction (>1.5-fold, 996 genes) or repression (<0.8-fold, 1,483 genes) (online appendix Table 1 [available at http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org]). Most genes involved in lipogenesis were downregulated by berberine treatment; for example, FAS and fatty acid desaturase 3, which control the final step of triglyceride synthesis from malonyl-CoA to palmitate and from phosphatidic acid to triglycerides, respectively, decreased 0.59- and 0.27-fold, respectively. Interestingly, 11?-HSD1, a key enzyme linked to visceral obesity and metabolic syndrome, decreased 0.63-fold, and expression of most genes involved in carbohydrate metabolism was also reduced (online appendix Table 1). In contrast, the transcript level of enzymes related to energy dissipation, including glycerol kinase and acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, increased 4.0- and 2.2-fold, respectively. These results imply that berberine treatment in vivo results in an altered gene expression profile that would promote catabolism of high energy intermediates (online appendix Fig. 1).

http://diabetesdiabetesjournals.needdiets.com/content/55/8/2256.full

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to reiterate and point this out,

Berberine alters the expression of metabolic genes in fat and muscle in vivo.
To investigate the mechanism of berberine action on insulin action and body weight, we next assessed the effects of berberine on the expression of certain genes that are known to play a critical role in energy balance. As shown in Fig. 4A, the expression of a number of adipocyte-specific genes including fatty acid synthase (FAS), ADD1/SREBP1c (adipocyte determination and differentiation-dependent factor 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)?, 11?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 (11?-HSD1), and aP2 was reduced in various WAT depots of berberine-treated mice. In contrast, the level of cyclin D kinase 5 mRNA was not significantly altered, indicating that the inhibitory effect of berberine on gene expression was restricted to adipogenic and lipogenic genes. Conversely, in skeletal muscle, the expression of uncoupling protein (UCP) 2 mRNA was significantly increased by berberine, while that of UCP3 was unchanged (Fig. 4B). In brown adipose tissue, the expression of PPAR? mRNA also increased dramatically, while the mRNA of lipogenic genes such as FAS was reduced as in the case of WAT (Fig. 4C). Additionally, expression of PPAR? coactivator-1, a key regulator of several mitochondrial genes involved in adaptive thermogenesis, was substantially increased (Fig. 4C).

To further investigate the effects of berberine on overall gene expression, we compared genome-wide expression profiles in the WAT of berberine-treated mice and control mice using DNA microarrays. The genes that responded reproducibly to berberine were categorized by their fold induction (>1.5-fold, 996 genes) or repression (<0.8-fold, 1,483 genes) (online appendix Table 1 [available at http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org]). Most genes involved in lipogenesis were downregulated by berberine treatment; for example, FAS and fatty acid desaturase 3, which control the final step of triglyceride synthesis from malonyl-CoA to palmitate and from phosphatidic acid to triglycerides, respectively, decreased 0.59- and 0.27-fold, respectively. Interestingly, 11?-HSD1, a key enzyme linked to visceral obesity and metabolic syndrome, decreased 0.63-fold, and expression of most genes involved in carbohydrate metabolism was also reduced (online appendix Table 1). In contrast, the transcript level of enzymes related to energy dissipation, including glycerol kinase and acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, increased 4.0- and 2.2-fold, respectively. These results imply that berberine treatment in vivo results in an altered gene expression profile that would promote catabolism of high energy intermediates (online appendix Fig. 1).

http://diabetesdiabetesjournals.needdiets.com/content/55/8/2256.full
Interesting study thanks for posting, Where is this rumor that it effects hypertrophy coming from?

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
So last night I popped 2 caps of recompadrol and ate about 200 grams complex carbs. I didn't really get a pumped feeling. Was I supposed to? How do you know its working?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So last night I popped 2 caps of recompadrol and ate about 200 grams complex carbs. I didn't really get a pumped feeling. Was I supposed to? How do you know its working?
You know it's working sometimes via vascularity

Or less tired post meal

A lot has to do with how you feel following a meal, and pump in the gym. Along with muscle fullness

Body composition plays a role but may see that after 4-8 weeks

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
You know it's working sometimes via vascularity

Or less tired post meal

A lot has to do with how you feel following a meal, and pump in the gym. Along with muscle fullness

Body composition plays a role but may see that after 4-8 weeks
Yeah I meant to add that I went to sleep soon after the meal so I wasn't really up to notice a pump but do a lot of people report a pump?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I meant to add that I went to sleep soon after the meal so I wasn't really up to notice a pump but do a lot of people report a pump?
Yes, including myself. Depending on carb to cap ratio

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Yes, including myself. Depending on carb to cap ratio
I just popped a recompadrol by accident pre workout. Im not going to have any complex carbs, did I screw myself? The only thing I can do is drink plazma wich has a good amount of not complex carbs. Am I going to die now? And if so will it hurt? JK, But seriously?

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Your fine
Im thinking between the agamatine and recompadrol ill really be shuttling those HBCDS into the muscles huh? I really took it on purpose